Juventus 2012/2013 Serie A Season Thread for December [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Falc, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he were a midfielder I'd be happy, for a forward, that really doesn't make me all that happy. Although an assist is better than nothing.

2. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Prediction tournament hasn't gone well for you this week, huh? First El Shaarawy burning you, and now Marchisio.

3. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I could have started the weekend at 6 points. Now I am at 2. Maybe I will do better tomorrow.

4. 1251alex

1251alex Member+

Oct 3, 2010
    La Mirada, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    So him making two goals happen does not make you happy? Whats the difference between an assist and a goal? Both have the same outcome. Mirko is not a goal scorer, hes a creator. If you haven't figured that out by now, well then you're always going to be disappointed by Mirko. Going by your logic, you must not be all that happy that Marchisio scored two today, because hes not a forward. You would have much rather have him give two assists since hes a midfielder...right?

5. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    BTW Ken, you said like how this announcer spoke slowly so that you can understand him well. I like that style as opposed to the two clowns at beIN and other networks. He allows you to follow the game instead of incessant ranting.

6. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The goals scored in the Derby di Torino by Juve youth products. Brings a special meaning to a derby.

Daei_10 and 1251alex repped this.
  7. 1251alex

1251alex Member+

Oct 3, 2010
    La Mirada, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    So, I think Matri needs a change of air now. I think he lost his confidence a looooong time ago. Being benched after scoring his 20th goal within a year for us really did something to him. Sure its Conte's fault, but I'm sure he's taken something from Matri's situation.

8. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Good to get back on track. I like Pogba, more and more. He was unlucky not to score.

Gio and Quags are our two best options in attack. We should stick with them. Ship that useless Bendtner out.

Off to the cheating Russians.

9. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm glad he has an assist, I'd just like for him to score. You know, do his job.

Really?

Todays scoresheet will say Marchisio x2 and Giovinco. It won't mention Vucinic. So it is different.

Vucinic used to be a goal scorer. Now that he can't score all of a sudden he's never been one?

Now you're comparing apples to oranges.

10. 1251alex

1251alex Member+

Oct 3, 2010
    La Mirada, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Man of the match: Conte. Changing back to the 4-3-3 did wonders for our frontline. Finally a formation where Mirko and Gio work well together.

11. 1251alex

1251alex Member+

Oct 3, 2010
    La Mirada, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    once again I ask, whats the difference between an assist and a goal if they both led to the team scoring? Do we not play as a team, do the goalscorers pass the balls to themselves? The names on the scoresheet, thats all you have? LOL. Be serious Dante. If his primary job was to score don't you think Conte would be heavily rotating Vucinic as well? Seems like he is one of the mister's favorites since he's always a starter unless he gets sick, not to mention Quags and Gio have scored more than he has yet he still gets the nod over everybody. His highest scoring season was under Zeman, at 19 goals, like 6 or 7 years ago. Mirko was never brought here as a lethal goalscorer, he was brought here as a LW for Conte's system.

And no, im not comparing apples to oranges.

not happy with 2 assists by a LW today. LOL.

12. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Don't forget that we played against 10 men.They didn't do anything in the first half.

Dante repped this.
  13. 1251alex

1251alex Member+

Oct 3, 2010
    La Mirada, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    That is true. Once Mirko was put on the left, Gio on the right, with a real CF up top, we looked quite lethal though.

14. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you're justifying Vucinic's lack of scoring by his assists then that's fine, but don't say that an assist is the same as scoring. It's not.

His job IS to score. That's what forwards do. He just hasn't done a very good job at it the past couple seasons. He used to do it better before he came here.

Which is still mind boggling.

Vucinic's highest tally for a season was 22. His first season at Roma he sucked major balls, then picked up and got 14, 17 and 19 the following three seasons.

So this who excuse that he's not a goal scorer really is mute.

Yes, yes you are.

You really need some reading comprehension lessons.

15. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Part of the reason of going with the 4-3-3 was that Chiellini was out. The 3-man back line is to make the best use of Barzagli, Bonucci and Chiellini. Gasperini made a comment about how Inter is finally following his lead and playing three in the back. What the fool does not realize is that it is not about the formation the coach wants, it is about the personnel he has at his disposal. For instance, you do not play with a 3-back of Lichsteiner, Bonucci and DeCeglie. If you are overloaded with central defenders or if that is your strength, then you go with that tactic. Ancelotti did the same during his stint here.

16. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Saturday December 1 2012
    Marchisio: 'Juve academy works'
    By Football Italia staff
    [​IMG]
    Claudio Marchisio thinks it’s “a great sign” that he and fellow Juventusacademy product Sebastian Giovinco scored in the Derby della Mole.
    Marchisio bagged a brace and Giovinco got one in tonight’s 3-0 victory over city rivals Torino – a special occasion, as both were born and bred in Turin.
    “It’s important that we got back to winning ways after a bad performance against Milan. It’s good for our confidence to win so convincingly,” said the midfielder.
    “It’s a great sign that Giovinco and I both scored, as we grew up in the Juveyouth academy.
    “Now we have notched up important points that ensure we stay top of the table, we have to turn our attention to the Champions League.”
    The Bianconeri travel to Ukraine and need a point against Shakhtar Donetskto be sure of qualification, knocking out Champions League holders Chelsea.

17. 1251alex

1251alex Member+

Oct 3, 2010
    La Mirada, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    how is an assist and a goal not the same thing when it comes to the score? I'm not talking about the stat sheet either. well, looks like we both do a great job of overlooking each others points. If his job was to score, he probably wouldn't be out there. So I'll leave it at that.

18. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    “Our game ended after Glik’s red card, as we simply weren’t able to play with 10 men,” said the Coach following Toro’s 3-0 defeat.
    “However, in the first half we embarrassed Juventus. We were taking over more of the field and playing well, then that incident changed everything.

LOL

19. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    I'm actually really enjoying the commentary from RAI. It's really straightforward, and there's no latent homerism going on. Just straight commentary. It's just the way it should be. As soon as I learn more words, I'll be able to enjoy it even more.

20. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i love marchisio

1251alex repped this.
  21. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    by the way a good example of how falcao could end up in serie A is watching today's madrid derby....with real's tight defense falcao couldnt do much...these are the things people forget to consider when they wish for certain strikers. Just cuz someone scores alot doesnt mean he can do that in any league, any team and any formation. Now im not hating on falcao i think he's great but its not easy for strikers to score in serie A

22. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    wOw

Dante repped this.
  23. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They talk to much about crap that has nothing to do with game.

24. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Who? The guys on RAI? So far, all I've heard is names and what the players on the pitch were doing. I'm sure if I understood more then I would probably say whether or not that's the case, but for someone like me who only speaks enough Italian to get by on vacation, it suits me just fine.

25. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    There are other people on there that just go on and on about life of the pitch stuff and things that have happened years ago. The one that did the juve game is alright. I also have a feeling he is a juve fan. He puts more into his broadcasting when calling juve games.

Its just a personal taste of mine of just wanting to hear about whats going on in the game. I dont like when announcers compare players to other or say this guy is like so and so.