Just Sell Benzema - Real Madrid Winter Transfers, Rumors, Lies & Player Lynching Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, Oct 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AriGold

AriGold Member+

Jul 13, 2007
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Because of right now Suarez, Agüero and Lewandowski are better? And it's not really to replace Morata and Jese people are looking to other players it's to replace Benzema.

Madrid_1902 and s7kru repped this.
  2. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    Neat front page of Marca today ..

[​IMG]

3. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Gundogan rumours are picking up alot now.

I just hope this isn't the end for Xabi..

4. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    Alonso will eventually be replaced by Illara, Khedira will eventually be replaced by Gundogan/Pogba ( that type of midfielder, I know those 2 are not similar in their styles but their role is ) and Modric & Isco fight it out for the last spot.

If Gundogan is coming, it's for that Khedira role. Atleast, I hope so :)

5. fanrealclub

fanrealclub Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I really hope we buy gundoan , he will help xabi or illara defend . I think when they are released by duties of defending , they will show their ability .

6. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Khedira should only be replaced by Ramires or Pogba.

I'd consider taking in Ruben Pardo as his backup to eventually replace him.

7. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Khedira could also be *replaced* by Matic or Gonalons as well, lots of options out there. That being said he looks to be rounding into some form and if he can sustain that I'd keep him.

Anon. and anticule repped this.
  8. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    I think Illarra will only get better as time goes by and will eventually replace Xabi.

Gundogan is no DM, he could never replace Xabi....but he could replace Modric.

Pogba, Vidal or Matic could all replace Khedira.

And here's our new 3 man midfield:

Xabi
    Pogba Gundogan
    Do you like it..?

:D

9. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He is more similar to Sahin than to anyone else. He also has the same flaws like he needs (long) acceleration time to click with them team and he is above average injury prone. His main attributes as I see it is holding possession, pressure the opponent and some kind of deep playing 10. More a Xavi than a Schweinsteiger. I'm not sure he can play wide or in a three man midfield so I doubt he's the right player for Real's needs.

10. demo_g

demo_g Member+

Jan 13, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He is a great player, but Real desperately needs Vidal/Pogba/Yaya type of player. Fast, athletic, strong....

natenate101 repped this.
  11. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No.

Modric should be playing and Gundogan can't replace Modric sorry.

I also doubt Ancelotti will just let Modric be replaced like that after speaking positively about him, Flo on the other hand..

12. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    I must say I don't follow. You think Gundogan can replace Xabi but not Modric...?
    I see it other way around. Using Gundogan as DM would be like trying to stop a leak with Swiss cheese.

13. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  14. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Ancelotti has spoken 'positively' about a lot of players, the two players he praised the most (Angel and Isco) are currently riding the bench. Selling Modric, Di Maria, Blondie and Khedira are not out of the question this summer depending on how the season pans out.

15. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012

I've been reading about this. United fans are worried because of that supposed last minute 40 m € offer.
    They rate him at around 20 m €, but they want a playmaker, someone who can actually hold the ball and do something with it.
    Fellaini is not getting an easy ride and they paid shitload of money for him. With Carrick, Cleverly, Jones and Anderson in the squad, I don't think this will happen. Not unless they offload some dead weight.

As season goes by, Moyes will probably come to a conclusion that he can't expect results in top flight football with his rigid approach in midfield.

Anyway, United is playing Arsenal on Sunday! That should be fun to watch..

16. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think Anderson will be sold, Fellaini is out for 2 months due to wrist injury it leaves the already weak midfield even weaker. I can see him panicking and going for Sami, they panicked last summer with Fellaini and ended up paying more.

I think Benzema not being here next summer could be a possibility too.

17. fanrealclub

fanrealclub Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think modric will fight with isco at 10 role .anyone agree with me . About gundogan I am sure he will replace kedira . I think if we buy him , we will play 4-3-3 . I think Gundogan will be fitter than modric at the box to box midfielder . Consider he really have much energy than modric . I think we will stick with 4-3-3 . that 's why he buy him

18. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #143 s7kru, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
    I don't see the logic in replacing Modric.

The only player that should be replaced in the midfield is Khedira IMO

Pogba, Vidal, Matic, Gündogan..

Vidal did not impress against bigger teams, Bayern last season and us this season so I don't think he's worth the 50m euros. Players from the Portuguese league are usually overpriced and overrated, Coeñtrao, Di Maria are examples. Not that the same applies for Matic as well, I haven't followed him much to form an opinion about him but he plays in a league that made look Javi Garcia good ffs

Gündogan is offensively great but I doubt he's defensively as good as Sami. Although he is of Turkish descent so he is welcome to join the club anyways. :D

Pogba did impress me, is young, has great stamina and is definitely an upgrade over Sami. I'd sign him if that is an option.

19. fanrealclub

fanrealclub Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    @ s7 kru : but we didn't sign with pogba . We are signing with Gundogan . I think he also is an option to replace kedira . I don't understand how people think he will replace modric . I think modric best at 10 role. In addition , if you see Germany team play ,gundoan always replace kedira . I think no problem for us to replace kedira

20. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    I've watched Matic against Croatia in WC qualifiers few months ago and I liked what I saw. He is big and strong but his size doesn't seem to hinder the other aspects of his game. He looked very mobile and technical.
    It was only one game, but it was enough for me to conclude that his passing is on a higher level then Sami's and he's definitely faster. He even looked like he has more stamina then Sami. Simply a better player..

21. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You clearly haven't seen "germany team play" because Gündoğan is subbing for Schweinsteiger all the time, not "kedira". See: Kazakhstan qualifier, Paraguay friendly, France friendly, etc. I have never seen Gündoğan play in place of Khedira. Show me one match in which this occurred.

22. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I have always liked what Khedira brought to this team, and I am all in favor of him keeping his spot, UNLESS we bring in either Vidal or Pogba in his place.

With this new system that we are now playing, Khedira has had a more important 'disequilibrating' role in attack, where he becomes the extra man to run into space on the right side to give another outlet to pass and move the play forward. While Sami isn't doing a bad job at the moment, I just believe both Pogba and Vidal would be more prolific with the chances to assist/score that they get in the final third.

Excape Goat and temesgen repped this.
  23. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Gundogan's game is similar too Modric's game. We don't need him.

24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not a fan of Gündogan (for the price). Had a massive stretch of games last year but whatever.

25. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We do not desperately need any of those players. In fact, Sami is a better player than both Pogba and Vidal, and Matic, Gonalona, Ramires and a host of other players capable of playing in this position (more or less). Which leaves Yaya, who is much older and is under an outrageous contract.