Just Sell Benzema - Real Madrid Winter Transfers, Rumors, Lies & Player Lynching Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, Oct 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Actually Gündoğan would offer more offensive runs probably but were you looking to replace Khedira, I think you should look at more defensively stable and physical options. As already stated, Gündoğan would likely offer what Modric already has, only possibly a bit more mobile.

2. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Martinez?

3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Me neither, but the price he'd eventually cost outweighs his quality.

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No, not really. Vidal is actually better overall in a role with attacking responsibility.

Sudžuka repped this.
  5. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's the case for a lot of top-class players lately though. Were Cavani and Bale fairly priced either?

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Cavani, considering Bale's price, yes.

7. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    That is true, here's hoping to Khedria's rumored sell price being somewhat true

8. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Would you say a player of Vidal's quality was worth 50-60 mil, considering Bale's price?

9. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    For a box-to-box midfielder you don't necessarily need someone with the extra offensive flair of Vidal, you just need a player who has the ability to join in and doesn't kill attacking moves. Matic, Gonalons and hell Khedira (when he is consistent) are all fine options.

10. Dantes

Dantes Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hell no.

11. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You want to name your valuation then? Just curious.

12. ardee

ardee Member

Sep 30, 2011
    So if Madrid bought Vidal or Gundogan or another CM, which three of Alonso, Ilara, Khedira, Modric and Isco would ride the bench?

13. pramod

pramod Member

Realmadrid
    Sep 4, 2006
    Hyderabad @ India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    after spending so much we are back with transfer thread so quickly , so we need a striker ----30 million (60 million - 30 million from sale of benzema) and some one to upgrade khadira 20 million ( 40-20 million on sale of khadira) and finally creative option 30 million to replace ozil ( with bargaining power of prez it would cost another 100 million)

oh we have 4oo million debt to add to this ...

14. ardee

ardee Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Khedira sort of does kill moves....

He's usually the third midfielder left open, and he really doesn't have the ability to be relied on to take advantage of the openings he finds consistently.

You can make it work with him for sure, not saying he's a bad player by any means. But he's definitely the midfield's weak link.

Plus don't underestimate Vidal's defensive contributions, he's a monstrous tackler. Overall I'd say he's just as good as Yaya Toure and you can see how important that guy is to City's offense when they're clicking on all cylinders and playing at their best.

But like I said, Modric is definitely going to start. If Vidal is bought (or any CM for that matter), he's unlikely to be on the bench. That means two out of Isco, Alonso and Ilara will have to be benched.

15. ardee

ardee Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Nah I don't think the club needs an Ozil replacement... There IS no Ozil replacement, frankly, and Isco is as good as it gets. If someone else is bought then it'll just become a Kaka part two, with one of the expensive midfielders almost never playing with such a line-up congestion.

16. pramod

pramod Member

Realmadrid
    Sep 4, 2006
    Hyderabad @ India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    i think it was grave mistake to let MOU go this season ...after watching carlos playing style

17. Thuthuka10

Thuthuka10 New Member

Oct 27, 2013
    Johannesburg
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    South Africa
    i think we should keep him and show him support not whistle and boo at him everytime he's got the ball, it really doesn't help a player's morale when they get boed all the time. i believe this is just bad form from Benzema and if the crowd start supportin g him again he will regain his scoring touch.

and he was soooo unlucky with that shot against Barca last night.

18. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I like Ramires more than Vidal.

19. Sarajevsko Pivo

Sarajevsko Pivo Member+

Oct 14, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Vidal is easily worth 50 mil. From the 160 mil we spend on Bale, Isco and Illarra i'd buy Vidal for 50 mil, Matic for 40, Suarez for 40, Cavani for 60. I'd sell Khedira for 30 mil, Di Maria for 35 or 40 and Benzema easily 40 mil too. I would've kept Ozil and promoted Jese, Morata and Casemiro.

My team would look like this:

.........................Lopez.......................
    Carvajal....SR4............Pepe....Marcelo
    .........................Matic........................
    ........Vidal...........................Ozil.........
    Cavani............Suarez..........Ronaldo

Only problem would be the absence of Modric, but i guess you can keep Khedira in that case and not buy Vidal and just play Modric there.

Note: i didn't take in account the real money we spend and i might even have overspend but it's just the way how i would have done things.

20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    35 to 40 mil. At the most.

21. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'd try to loan/sign Falcao.

World class striker, hasn't played in the CL yet, has a better attitude than Suarez and will cost probably less than Suarez.

22. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why would Falcao leave Monaco?Besides he is ex-Atleti player.

23. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Because he would leave Monaco for a much bigger club and can play in the CL this season and Falcao isn't even an Atleti youth product, so why would he care that he played for Atleti?

24. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Falcao wouldn't cost less than Suarez, we'd probably be paying in excess of 50 ME for both of them. At that point Suarez's age, more complete all-around game and hunger (pun intended :D) make him the better choice. Morata can still serve as out targetman and formations with both of them are a distinct possibility as well.

Ahmadi8 repped this.