Just Sell Benzema - Real Madrid Winter Transfers, Rumors, Lies & Player Lynching Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, Oct 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    There are only two aspects of his game which I think he should work on- one is his finishing. The other is at times, he just looks disinterested and totally indifferent- recent example being the second leg vs BvB. He does not have a dirty side to his game ( which is very refreshing , but also a necessity), he needs to add that set of skills, he hardly ever gets into the nerve of a defender, I can't remember him drawing a penalty or getting a player sent off . When he is having an off day, he needs to work in these aspects so that he can add something for the team .

Lyra, raul_elmatador and Chinky24 repped this.
  2. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Alaba is very good positionally and technically plus he's very quick, quicker than Maicon was at that time that's for sure, not impossible but I can't see it

3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bale has played top against a lot better players than Maicon, and on that night he played the entire Inter team by himself, not just Maicon.

Chinky24, halamadrid00 and sleepyvato50 repped this.
  4. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well keep this Benzema thread going for the start of next season for when he sucks for the first 4 months per annually. Lmao

5. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Thats a pretty good observation. The guy has a tendency to stay on his feet at all costs. I love that about him, that he's not a cheater like 99.9% of the players nowadays, but it takes skill to know when to fall down and win a penalty in case there is contact. As for finishing, I wouldn't worry about it. The guy is not a poacher, but his shooting is top notch, both power and placement. Very dangerous in that regard.

6. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Both Ronaldo and Bale have cannons we need a striker who can poach goals and tap in from close range. Benzema doesn't do this well because he's simply not aggressive enough. No tiene ganas. It seems however that all the criticism is finally beginning to provoke him because he has shown improvement in that regard.

7. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    While Benzema is doing well at this moment, I am not sure if he deserves a new or I should say improved contract.

Eddie repped this.
  8. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    We're not letting him walk away for free so he is definitely getting a new contract.

9. Subtractam

Subtractam Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/ed...drea-pirlo-agreed-to-join-madrid?ICID=HP_HN_1
    How Andrea Pirlo wanted to play for Real Madrid
    Here is an extract
    "They must have thought that beating France in the final had fried my brain, but there was something they didn't know. They were missing a vital piece of the story, namely that as things stood, I belonged to Real Madrid, not Milan. I was a Madrid player in my head, my heart and my soul. I had a five-year contract sitting waiting, and a salary that was out of this world."

10. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    We'd be idiots not to renew him. If we don't we not only lose the player we get nothing in return for him. Renewing him at best means we keep the player and he grows to be great at worst means we sell him for a big price and get a good return.

Some of us have to be realistic here. How many strikers are doing better than Benzema right now? Most of these guys aren't in blazing form knocking them in like Cristiano and messi.

When discussing current form of strikers there is basically Suarez, Ibra. After that is the next group which Benzema is certainly a part of.

11. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid

We will give him new contract for sure. Given his age and performance, he will demand a better contract. Are we willing to offer him a contract that he cannot turn down? Will he accept the terms that we offer him?

12. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    And he should get a "better" contract, when have you ever heard a player renewing for the same wages? He is going to get an increase and he wants to stay. In the off chance he refuses we'll sell him this summer though but we're not letting him walk away for free.

MadridFan22304 repped this.
  13. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Gez, of coure, it is a better contract. This is repeating of what i just said.

14. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Arsenal make Casemiro enquiry

source : Football Espana

15. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come play in the Europa League!

RMSocrates and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  16. LastBoyscout

LastBoyscout Member+

Mar 6, 2013
    Well he is at a point in his career where he needs to play as much as possible to get better. ~500 minutes a season at Madrid might not be in his best interest.

17. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    I just re-read your post twice, if I was repeating what you said I'll just take your word for it.

Excape Goat repped this.
  18. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He deserves a raise and extension because he is instrumental for the way we play in attack.

Also, big NO to selling Casemiro!

19. Minduchio

Minduchio Member+

Jul 20, 2003
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Tell that to us 20 times more and I might agree with you.

RMSocrates, Eddie and 9Qui repped this.
  20. izzzy

izzzy Member

Aug 7, 2013
    Croatia
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  21. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  22. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hazard is great, but he can't replace Modric. The article seems to be BS.

23. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's BS on the basis they think Modric is unhappy in Spain. Stopped reading at that point.

24. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    The actual news is that Luka's family is not happy in Madrid, not Luka himself.

Already popped up in redcafe they are talking about signing him xD oh so funny!

25. plyka

plyka Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #2725 plyka, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
    Preach brotha...Preach!

Yeah, I'm in 100% agreement with you. He is a foundational piece in this attack at the moment. The team is not the same with him off the pitch. For some odd reason, he has better control and ball retention than anybody else on the pitch with the exception of Modric/Isco, plus he is learning how to use his size and strength better. He holds up the ball and creates an attack. Like a fulcrum for this team.

Modric may be the most important player on this team. He is absolutely incredible. How can the guy hold on to the ball while surrounded by 3 opposing players in close quarters? I feel more comfortable with Modric on the ball surrounded by 3 than by any other player "surrounded" by 1 opposing player, maybe with Isco the exception.

Hendrix22 repped this.