Just Sell Benzema - Real Madrid Winter Transfers, Rumors, Lies & Player Lynching Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, Oct 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Isn't that how our season always is?

MadridFan22304 repped this.
  2. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Hopefully, Bale steps up, I want to see him doing to Alaba what he did to Maicon .

Lyra repped this.
  3. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This won't happen for multiple reasons.
    1. After that game Bale is no longer an unknown underapreciated quantity who won't surprise anyone.
    2. Defenders now make a name for themselves shutting by Bale down, instead of the other way around.
    3. Inter had been overdependent on Maicon and Mourinho ran him into the ground the season prior, Bayer don't have that problem and are able to rotate the much younger Alaba to keep him sharp.

4. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Anything above does not stop Bale from having a wonderful game where he stands out , and makes a huge difference . It is not entirely impossible that he skins Alaba twice in course of 90 minutes , scores 2 golazos, highly unlikely but not improbable.

5. Complex23

Complex23 Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    if its highly unlikely than it is in fact, improbable..

6. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    I think you got what I tried to say, English isn't my first language .

7. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bale doesn't need to dominate anyone, he just needs to use some of the breaks he gets efficiently and strike a goal or two. Hes capable of that even without having a great game.

8. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    @YOUNGSTARS87 you should change the thread title man. Looks silly now

9. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    2 goals in the last 9 games, he may be assisting and helping in the attack a lot, but he surely is missing a lot of sitters .

MadridFan22304 repped this.
  10. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    17 goals in open play in la liga this season. Messi with 18 and Ronaldo with 19.

He is performing the false number 9 position perfectly right now. Almost playing like a media punta at times. He is still also getting into goalscoring positions.

Your point is still valid. He has missed a few sitters but he creates so much for the team. He is irreplaceable. How do we play without him?

Hendrix22 repped this.
  11. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    I am not downplaying any of the attributes you are talking about Benzema . His link up play , passing has been of the highest order. However, being the no 9 of Real Madrid, you expect more from him when it comes to finishing. Some of the misses were just embarrassing .
    I am worried about his finishing because those misses can prove vital against the likes of Bayern, Barca where the number of chances in all probability will be limited . Glaring example being his misses against Barca, before he scored the brace, that could have been the difference between victory and eventual loss.

Chinky24 and jeremy123 repped this.
  12. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't understand the "where would we be without him" question? Do you mean if he tore his ACL or if we sold him and bought someone else?

If we sell him and buy Suarez, you will wonder what we were doing messing around with Benzema for so long for. Benzema has been solid this year, he needs to deliver now though, or he needs to be upgraded this summer. It's in his hands to do that.

Umar, Chinky24 and janos audron repped this.
  13. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    We are not getting Suarez anymore , that is for sure. That leaves Cavani / Kun Aguero/Falcao. Aguero is very injury prone and Cavani does not have the attributes Benz has, Falcao- no one knows how he will be post injury. In current scenario with dearth of real quality strikers, I think Benz is the best we can do with. He seriously though needs to up his finishing by quite a few notches.

14. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He is delivering man. In the big matches and in Europe as always. He is working harder now than before and is essentially the brain in our attack. He links up play wonderfully and opens up space for Bale and Ronaldo etc.

He is performing the false number 9 to a phenomenal standard right now. In fact he is doing it better than messi right now lol. True story.

Just the last match. Look how many times he creates scoring opportunities for his team mates. Fantastic link up play. Clever. Creative. We have no other player that can provide this right now. Perfect for this system. he plays in between the lines. Ronaldo and Bale need him. We need him.

Hendrix22 repped this.
  15. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    @jeremy123 : do you see he him in a role as a second striker in a 4-2-3-1 , if we go after a true 9 this summer?

16. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I wanted Suarez last summer instead of Bale. He has been the best player in the premier league for two seasons running. I am a huge fan but yeah it is not going to happen. In a way I don't want us to sign any big name players. I've had enough. Let's build team chemistry, we can't chop and change every year. It doesn't work.

Bale-Ronaldo-Benzema-Jese-Morata-Di Maria-Isco plenty of variations for the front 3. Also Jese is the real deal. Isco is going to be a phenomenon in a couple of years.

Xabi-Illarra-Casemiro-Modric-Isco-Di Maria-Khedira plenty of options for the midfield 3. Casemiro is the real deal.

We don't need anyone. We should have some stability at the club. Buy only what we "need"

xmaje, Hendrix22 and Deep Pal repped this.
  17. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hmm that's quite interesting. Could work. Like I said though I would rather not buy a big name striker. We need to try to fit in and develop Jese and Isco.

18. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Even I believed Suarez would have been a better signing than Bale. Now with LFC sure of UCL and may even as winning EPL, no way LFC is gonna Suarez go unless we again set a new world record .

We need to replace Xabi, we need a good DM who would be even able to play as a single pivot, that would give us a lot of tactical flexibility.

I just hope we sign a CB and a true DM , and we should be fine . We seriously need to nurture Jese, Morata, Casemiro.

And just hope do not sell Di Maria, I have a feeling with his fantastic season and may be a good WC , Perez might try to cash him on.

19. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    why we need new CB???

20. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    You want to see Pepe as a starting CB for another year ?

21. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    so you saying Pepe so far is just awful this season? are you kidding? it's different question about rotation, cause imo Varane should be starting and manager should pick ramos or pepe near him. but we'll see. but these three players will be here next season. no doubt.

22. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Suarez is the best player in England only after Bale left IMO.

As for Benzema, so far he had a great season. But everything depends on how he performs in this crucial stage. Glad to see people finally coming around about how important he is for our play in attack. This is the most confident I've seen him in his Madrid career.

23. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    This is why I want a new CB. Varane does not seem to be getting his chances with Ancelotti. He has actually regressed since last year. And a CB pairing of Pep Ramos in crucial matches scares the shit out of me. They are way too reckless .

24. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well he has been our best CB this year, that's for sure

25. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Varane hasn't regressed, he's just been hit badly by that knee injury.