News: Julian Green Opts For USA Over Germany

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by ussoccer97531, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York

I honestly think that whether Green SHOULD be invited into the final 23 and 30 is a very legitimate point for debate. But along similar lines of what you pointed out, I have the strong suspicion that he's very much in Klinsmann's plans for the 30 man call-up next month, and stands a very good puncher's chance of being one of the final guys to make the cut onto the 23.

2. Midas Mulligan

Midas Mulligan Member+

Jul 24, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Based on his play, doesn't it always seem that way?

3. grandinquisitor28

Feb 11, 2002
    Nevada
    I expect him to get plenty of run in the May training camp and friendlies and a looksee in the games, Jurgen has said he wont finalize the roster until the June deadline (several weeks later than Bradley and Arena did), I imagine he'll give Green every chance possible to win a spot, and personally, I expect him to grab it.

4. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    So do I, if Green can get (and remain) healthy.

5. FeedhimtothepigsArold

Apr 7, 2014
    Club:
    Oxford United FC
    Im not understanding why Austrian top flight is getting stick. Salzburg demolished ajax over two legs. So we can assume it wasn't a fluke. Rapid are consistently a Europa league contender .Boyd, wherever he goes has a close to 1:2 strike rate. His club form is very comparable to AJ over 2 seasons if not better.

I think if Green is giving a few outings with the top lineups he will shine. I would like to see him against Turkey a team with solid defensive players. If he can show promise against a team like that he could be prove to be useful. We simply have no wingers who play with a lick of intelligence on a regular basis. Maybe the youth can teach the old in this situation.

6. FeedhimtothepigsArold

Apr 7, 2014
    Club:
    Oxford United FC
    I meant Rapid are consistently Europa league qualifiers...sorry

7. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Boyd is the old new thing, come on keep up, Green is the new new-thing, stick around tomorrow we will talk about someone else.

8. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boyd was so 2012.

9. FeedhimtothepigsArold

Apr 7, 2014
    Club:
    Oxford United FC
    Onto Green then. I do feel we have to see him against Turkey. That could be a good test. They have decent defenders usually.

10. Pkauffma

Pkauffma Member

Feb 23, 2007
    HI
    Guarantee he has a better touch than Shea. Has a better situation too.

11. ckl26

ckl26 Member+

Jul 21, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
  12. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
  13. ckl26

ckl26 Member+

Jul 21, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
  14. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    He'll be in the 30, I bet.

15. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Not good for his chances of making his Bayern 1st-team debut before the end of the season.

16. Dr. Gamera

Dr. Gamera Member+

Oct 13, 2005
    Wheaton, Maryland
    Let me emphasize once again that I'm not that kind of doctor (Ph.D., not M.D.) Also, we recently went over this after Clint Dempsey had his own dislocated shoulder last autumn.

Typically, a dislocated shoulder involves a relatively straightforward dislocation of the humerus from the scapula (top of arm pops out of shoulder joint). In severe cases, there can be additional tissue and nerve damage, but thankfully, it sounds as if Green's is not a severe case. In less severe cases like Green's, surgery is usually unnecessary.

We should be additionally grateful that this is a dislocated shoulder rather than a separated shoulder. A separated shoulder would necessarily involve one or more ligament tears, and would typically require surgery.

TimB4Last and Pkauffma repped this.
  17. Pkauffma

Pkauffma Member

Feb 23, 2007
    HI
    I'm glad you have a doctorate in philosophy, now what else can you tell us about Orthopedics?

18. ckl26

ckl26 Member+

Jul 21, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Definitely has a very good shot vs. Hamburg on the 3rd and Stuttgart on the 10th of May.

19. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Thanks, doc!

20. ppn512

ppn512 New Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
  21. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    I think the whole concept of a "super-sub" predicates on having a defense that can hold the game a tie, or within a goal, with 30 minutes left. Which I'm not sure is our case.

keller4president repped this.
  22. Reccossu

Reccossu Member+

Jan 31, 2005
    Birmingham
    I just feel compelled to say that I am amazed Green hurt his shoulder to this extent when he basically sat down and had his hand out to cushion himself. I believe it, but it seems really odd. Strangely odd.

23. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Maybe they call him "Mr. Glass."

24. orcrist

orcrist Member+

Jun 11, 2005
    Bay Area, California, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How does your hand cushion your shoulder? Think about that for a minute...

25. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    #925 Scotty, Apr 8, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
    Hopefully. Let's see.

At any rate, the injury still takes a big bite out of the potential amount of Bundesliga 1 minutes he could be earning in this final stretch of the season. And that's not good.