Judging Destro

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Midfield General, Jan 4, 2013.

?

Is the author of this article

Poll closed Jan 11, 2013.
  1. Too harsh?

75.0%
  2. Too nice?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Just right?

25.0%
  1. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully this is the game that sparks Destro's season. He was far from amazing, but looked better on the ball than usual and even got a goal. Nearly dribbled through the entire Fiorentina defense at one point as well.

2. Capitano_10

Capitano_10 Member+

Apr 18, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    ^^ Got to give the man credit tonight, that's more like the Destro i want to see. So happy for him, he worked hard and actually had a first touch tonight which is unlike him. More of the same against Inter

3. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Played good. Always believed in him. Good to hear people shut up on here too :)

4. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    If he gets his finishing touch together with the amount of chances he gets himself into(which is the hardest thing as a striker) he'll turn into a 20 goal a season striker. He just needs that final touch and he'll be golden.

5. Romanista89

Romanista89 Member+

Jun 8, 2010
    Glasgow, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Destro has an amazing amount of energy, deceptively fit and fast for his build. We also wouldn't have got anywhere near the amount of graft if Osvaldo was playing as the lone striker in that match last night. Dani would've thrown a diva strop well before extra time.

Destro got the head down and worked his bollocks off.

6. Imran_INDIA

Imran_INDIA Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Kolkata
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    I love every player who wear Roma shirt but the problem with Destro is that he missed more opportunities than he scored.U ppl just saw his 12 goals but did u saw he missed double chances than he scored?It's unacceptable as a Roma fan.I repeat,Nico would have proved himself given same opportunities.

7. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm not even gonna touch this one.

shiboboo repped this.