Judge, Jury, and Executioner-The official CKR do or die poll

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Corporation X, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Hyunstickystuff

Jan 10, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Lets put CDR as striker lol... CKR should try this. CDR can play winger lol.....
    lets put LJS as forward and put PJY as a cb. :rolleyes:

2. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    you ever hear about the scorpian and the dog?

3. msc43

msc43 Member+

Jul 6, 2011
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    KBK is in fact a winger. PJS labeled KBK his successor on the national team as he retired. And I don't give a rat's @ss if CKR only had a year to play teams. You never mentioned CKR's egregious roster mistakes of LYR, KJW, and putting KJC on the wings. And we actually can defend and counter if CKR put KJC and KSY as box-to-box midfielders and KBK/NTH on the wings. It would be much better than this poor man's barca that we're playing right now. For a year now, we had to rely on exceptional individual performances by LCY, JDW, and the like. No more. I want a capable manager who can marshal a defense and put people in positions and formations that are fruitful to the team.
    A large part of me wishes we nabbed Jurgen Klinsmann before the US ever did. :mad:

4. msc43

msc43 Member+

Jul 6, 2011
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Kcore, what is this scorpion and dog you speak of?

5. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    How many world class teams rely on defense first with some element of countering? Just about every single one. Thats why arsenal is a giant pile of fail. By asking us to play like Barca, you aren't asking us to be world class. You are asking us to be the best in the world.

I actually think our offensive technical skill is close enough to most major programs. We have no depth for sure and we're missing someone to take PJS spot, and perhaps a 10-like player.

But we need a system for the next three years that acknowledges our weaknesses on defense. AND puts our best players to their peak skills that they use EVERY week.

6. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    How do you think Iraq won the 2007 AFC cup. They relied on defense. Uruguay is another example. Manchester United is a defense orientated club.

7. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    there was no way in hell we were getting him.

and no KBK natural position is a central offensive midfielder. yes he can play on either wing but he is better when he is going up the middle. thats where he played on the U20 side and his current club.

im not saying his tactics are amazing but the guy is not stupid. he will make the necessary changes. after the Iran loss he made the changes needed to not lose until now almost a whole year. he will make more in the future.

8. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  9. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    until we get some players like Lahm, Mertesacker, Cannavaro, Chiellini, Lugano, etc. we cant play a counter style.

with so many great offensively technical its better to play a dutch/spanish style.

10. msc43

msc43 Member+

Jul 6, 2011
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    ...and you think Lee Young-Rae, Kim Jung-Woo, and Lee Keun-Ho are meant to play in a Dutch/Spanish style? What kind of nonsense are you spewing? Finding a fullback and telling him to do his job is much easier than teaching K-League studs how to play like World Champion Barca/Spain.

11. Chiwoo

Chiwoo Member

May 14, 2010
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Don't know why players like Lee Young-Rae and LKH are in the NT in the first place. They are only club-material.

12. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    i am not one who supports those players inclusions but i can see his reasoning. im more talking about our future than the present. i would say countering would be good if we had inadequate attackers like we did at the U20 WC where we long balled and looked for opportunities that way. on the full NT we have a surplus. what we havent done is phase out our defenders well.

13. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    stop asking for lee dong guk and lee chun soo and i will consider.

14. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You really think our offense can crack the hard defense of Germany when it struggles against Aussies, Japan and iran!?

15. kimchipride

kimchipride Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Aug 22, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I've heard a rumor that the Korean FA is trying to get Ancelotti as our coach?

Any truth to this or is it completely false. Don't see anything mentioned anywhere.

16. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Where did you hear this rumor....?

17. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    LOL from BSK

18. kimchipride

kimchipride Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Aug 22, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL I don't even know why I bothered asking when I knew it was completely false...

I guess I had a small glitter of hope that the rumors were true. Damn.

19. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'll answer as quick as I can but it's a tough question. The differences between now and FWC: Okada vs. Zac, personnel, mentality/belief.

Improvements comparing PURELY Okada v Zac (no disrespect to Okada cause in the end when it mattered he was great). Zac is a better matchday tactician in that his substitutes are usually noticeably very intelligent for the situation. He also changed the defensive formation and Japan presses when the ball is in certain areas quite hard (that directly lead to the 1st and 3rd goals on wednesday night). That pressing has Japan contesting 4v3 or 5v3 situations when winning the ball high up the pitch or winning it in the zone between midfield & defence. Basically Zac seems like a much more classical 'tactician' rather than Okada who was more 'strategist'.

Other differences, personnel there's no question that there's improvement in this generation. Also the mentality of Japanese football has seemed to change across the board (Women's team, the JNT U17s too are Mens NT). I believe this is from the FWC results, so there's not really any inferiority complex at all. Credit there has to go to Okada who got the team to believe this stuff when there was a bit of an inferiority complex.

Defensively Zac has made the transition of losing Nakazawa & Tulio quite calm. I can't answer properly with a figure like "he gets 50% of credit". I'd say he has done what I would hope from our NT manager, but it's a bit of a match (JNT & Zac). Because he's VERY meticulous with tactics and Japanese players follow them well if the manager is more specific.

20. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Sorry, but this whole situation looks just like the one before WC we had in Japanese board. And the main difference between Zack and Okada is that the first one calls up the players who are performing well at the moment rather than stick to the names no matter how bad they'll play like Okada (or CKR). Another thing which could link Okada and Cho is putting some players out of their nominal positions (like Honda playing as lone FW during WC). The last thing would be that Okada was also embarrassed by Korean NT (and that happened in Japan so it should be even worse). Cho should learn from this lesson and change his stubborn attitude before it will be too late for him (he'll be sacked). So no need to call for foreign coach IMO - the talent is still there, now it's time to do a puzzle from the start again and calmly wait for results to come.

21. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Okada was good enough to make the right calls at the moments it mattered.

You understand that Honda as the lone striker is one of the biggest reasons Japan did so well, it was frankly a VERY clever bit of tactics. It was a widely acclaimed tactic among analysts of the FWC.

Look CKR may or may not fail..... but the point, is that Takeshi Okada succeeded and did good for Japanese football so we can't compare it. At the 11th hour Okada made the right calls and deserves respect and applause.

I don't like comparing Okada and CKR just cause clearly CKR is hated right now, and Okada earned the right to be celebrated. (sorry this is soooo not the point of this thread we should probably take this back to J-bigsoccer).

22. artml

artml Member

Liverpool FC
    Ukraine
    Jul 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Because Honda had such abilities and played on similar position in VVV. Putting KJC on the wing is plain stupid -- neither he has an experience, nor any significant skills to succeed there.

By the way, I won't call a dull Paraguay draw the success. I'm 200% sure that if Japan had Kagawa instead of Okubo, the result would be different. And that was NOT clever bit of tactics at all but rather an example of coach stubborness.

23. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
  24. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  25. msc43

msc43 Member+

Jul 6, 2011
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    KyopoOhNo found this link last night and I just watched it. I figured it deserves a place in the CKR beatdown thread as well. I hate to sound like a broken record, but square pegs do not go in round holes.

http://www.uefa.com/trainingground/tactics/formations/video/videoid=1503193.html?autoplay=true

JSK14, I know you have your soft spot for CKR, but contain yourself and watch how an organized, flexible midfield works... not this 3-4-3, 4-1-4-1, Spain attacking garbage.

p.s. I fully realize that Jurgen Klinsmann or Carlo Ancelotti would never come to Korea. But it never hurts to have tried to poach good coaches, instead of having a disgrace like CKR lead our beloved KNT.