Judge, Jury, and Executioner-The official CKR do or die poll

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Corporation X, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Lets bring in Mouriho.

2. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    "홍정호가 돌아오면 이정수와 콤비네이션을 이룰 수 있을 것이라고 생각한다."

3. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Again, he is NOT managing a club team, or a youth team. He's handling professional players playing in the highest leagues in the world. He has to match tactics against superior managers who would and have (in Japan's case) annhiliate ridiculous formations like 4-1-4-1. Even worse, he has shown ZERO inclination to breaking in our young talent so he's not developing s*** besides KJW.

Not only that, he has 5% of the time that the average club manager has. Even with 2x the time, KJC will never become more than a mediocre winger.

You're being delusional if you think we can play like barca in any way. None of our players play in a club that emphasizes the skillset, and the barca system relies on players knowing each other's every instinct. Plus they have a defense while we do not.

If it wasn't to win, there is NO role for KJW. I see no "plan" to his substitution policies. To me, he's throwing random crap including lineups and formations hoping SOMETHING works. This reeks of being overmatched.

You mean like the mercenaries like the one that Japan got that turned Japan from bumbling fools who had their manager offer to resign to an efficient destroyer of k-league tactics? Or Hiddink who pushed korean football on NT and club basis light years forward?

He has SOOOOO many choices that he has to stick with LYR and KJW. Really. And we've already seen that KJC is a terrible winger... why would it be so hard to pair him up with Ki?

You say out in the public that we're focusing on '14 and developing our younger players domestically. Look at Klinsmann last night for USA. His first match as manager, he doesn't freak out and grab every Euro player to win. He's focused on '14 and letting his players perform where they will BENEFIT the most.

4. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I should point out that Guus Hiddink is one of the most discipline oriented coaches around these days. I'm not sure about with Korea Rep but with his other teams, for example Australia the players were not allowed to leave their zones by even a metre, and it was THAT strict. So he's just as guilty of being stubborn.

Sure many of those wins aren't much chop as far as opposition (well you can only beat the opposition infront of you) (Serbia win was still pretty good, no?). But 1 loss in a friendly to Iran which Korea dominated and a loss to Japan in 14 matches isn't all doom and gloom. It's understandable that you want him gone, but if it were Mexico or someone had beat Korea 3-0 then I don't think this poll would be anywhere near like this.

Somebody pointed out that CKR has actually used a bunch of formations with KNT since taking over. 3-4-1-2, 4-2-3-1, 4-1-4-1 etc. He's clearly open to change which means he's more likely to consider personnel change more.

Yes....... that's my evil plan.... Because if some posters on the Korean Bigsoccer forum agree with me.... Then CKR will obviously be guaranteed job safety for years cause of the bigsoccer posters and "be at the bottom of the pecking order"..... muhahahahaha. (diabolical innit lol)

joking, I just think he deserves some time :)

5. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    aside from the subs he made, did he make any other adjustments? I kinda lost track during the course of my utter horror.

6. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

7. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    the man is like school in the summertime.

no class

back to Cho...his post match comments mightve been the most damming insult to injury. the fact he completely failed to see what most of us saw is pretty damn concerning.

it appears he's going to call up the same minuses and develolp our "talent" in the same old way.

8. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    HAHAHAHA. 5 minutes of play time for Son and YBGR is bringing them in?! Not to mention subbing Son right back out 5 minutes later? Wow...

I think we tried him on the left where he sucked too. And any who has watched this guy play wouldn't even think of him wide.

I disagree. We aren't half as technical as spain or latin teams. We are fast and hard working. We have a guy who can deliver a ball on the counter anywhere on the pitch in ki. We have fast players like LCY, PCY and SHM. We have a s**** defense where running around playing barca will tire us out for defense.

Dude. You are making me laugh. KJW is a known quantity. There is ZERO upside. He will be 32 in the WC. WTF is he doing in there.

I have no idea whats out there or what we can / can't afford. But CKR is perhaps the worst manager we've had in my lifetime (back in the day, i didn't follow what happened between events). We have regressed in so many ways. We're worse defensively, we have less heart, we have horrible tactics involving us waffling around in non-dangerous places and leaving us exposed defensively...

9. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    Akitod,
    How much of Japan's recent success post WC will you attribute to Zaccaroni?
    I'm sure there is no easy answer but interested in how much credit Japan fans are giving to the manager.

10. msc43

msc43 Member+

Jul 6, 2011
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    From what I remember, I never saw CKR use anything besides a 3-4-3 and a 4-1-4-1. CKR's not open to change. Because if he was, we wouldn't be playing this bs barca-style passing in the middle. The KFA doesn't pay the man to play beautiful football, we pay his wages to win. We would have played much better with width on the wings from Kim Bo-Kyung and Nam Tae-Hee. I don't know if you recall, but I clearly remember PJS saying that his replacement should be KBK.
    This might jog your memory:
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2011/01/30/sp-park-announces-international-retirement.html

CKR clearly doesn't listen to his former captain and has no respect for any leadership on the team. CKR clearly doesn't respect his players, otherwise he would play a disciplined system that plays to their strengths: discipline in the CM, pace on the wings, and creativity in the attack. I saw none of that yesterday morning.

Just curious, why do you think he deserves more time than he's already been given?

11. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He's not going to change. He's just gonna try to improve the same old players who failed...

12. gambeta

gambeta Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Don't let these translations by some weirdos on here fool you. First thing he said when he landed at Incheon was that we will never play another game like this along with an apology. He understands what it means to lose to Japan, especially like THAT. This is the same guy who promised that he'd hang himself if we lost to Japan at Jamshil in 86.

Like I said earlier, I'm not even trying to defend him. Just telling it like I see it.

13. msc43

msc43 Member+

Jul 6, 2011
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The last thing I want to hear is an apology and excuses. What will be interesting is what we see moving forth. Is CKR going to stick to his stubborn, poor-man's barca team? Will he stick to the same players who constantly don't perform well for the KNT? Is he going to keep putting players out of position and expect them to work to maximum effect? I'm sure he's already getting hellfire from the press, so I'm just going to wait and see.

14. gambeta

gambeta Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Actually, that's not exactly the case.

15. Chiwoo

Chiwoo Member

May 14, 2010
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Let's give him another chance. If he can't change the way we've been playing lately and his incompetent management skills. Then off he goes.

16. msc43

msc43 Member+

Jul 6, 2011
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    ...He's not getting flamed by the press? Seriously? Why is this the case? S.Korean press is always out for blood. Especially when we get spanked in a haniljeon.

17. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Part of me is ok with giving him another chance...the other part of me thinks he's not going to change. Particularly when it comes to KJW and LYR since it seems apparent he has a hardon for these two.

Im willing to say that KJC was just an experiment that went wrong and LKH was just a filler experiment since he just called him up. I still have a massive question mark for Ku though. Being played out of position is a small part of the excuse for him. He did a lot wrong couple nights ago that were irrelevant to his position responsibilities. He's young though so we'll have to wait and see.

I think we all need to admit that playing Japan is not ever a cliche. We have a lot to gain playing these guys not just because we match up well but because we play like it counts. My biggest worry though is that he'll get a false sense of security playing minnows in the next friendlies, compounding his illways.

Heading to Brazil with a team like a couple of nights ago scares the crap out of me and disappoints me to no end.

18. KwonchesterUtd

Aug 10, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If we are going to change coach, we should change NOW while the WCQ games are easy.

And I think the reason CKR and HJM even seemed okay at the time was because Park Ji Sung's skills were covering it up. The more I watch the KNT, the less tiki-taka looks possible. Might as well be quick in counter like Real Madrid/Man U or Germany.

But I said keep him, hoping that he's opened his eyes.

19. gambeta

gambeta Member

Sep 21, 2009
    They're more busy glorifying Japan's progress

20. msc43

msc43 Member+

Jul 6, 2011
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    This.

21. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I dunno how big a body of work you need on this guy. He's had a whole tournament where we had the exact same problems we've had his entire tenure. Yesterday was just the logical outcome of our poor strategies against a quality and in particular motivated team.

22. Hyunstickystuff

Jan 10, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    jae bal..... please take him out. You can't force strategy on people that can't comprehend your stupid point of views.

23. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

24. msc43

msc43 Member+

Jul 6, 2011
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Did you watch Korea's u20 world cup campaign? We were clearly outclassed by Spain and France. If I could describe the Spain-Korea match, I'd say we had to rely on defense and the counter. I don't know why many fail to see that defending and countering is a very effective strategy. After all, look what it's done for the Italians and Germans.
    That being said, if you call wins against Bahrain and India an impressive body of work, you are sure easy to please. Japan and Ghana are the only quality opposition we've faced. We eked out a win against Ghana and lost to Japan twice. We also lost to Iran at home.
    Lastly, I'm not saying we need to fire CKR because we lost a few matches. I'm saying we need to fire him because he doesn't pay attention to our players. By watching KJC play previous KNT games, I don't need to put him on the wings to know he was uncomfortable. That's what I have eyes and a brain for. Kim Bo Kyung is a true winger... not KJC. I could go on, but I don't want to sound like a broken record.
    For now, I don't see CKR getting fired. :mad:
    If he doesn't get rid of this poor man's barca and start putting people in their proper positions, I will be even more convinced of CKR's managerial ineptitude.

25. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    defend and counter did us so well at the WC and U20 WC. the counter style relies on too much luck. KBK is not a winger. and CKR only had a year to play teams. its not like he chose to play bahrain and india he just did the job that needed to be done. we easily beat a serbian side who gave the aussies problems as well. one team u left off was the turks who we were even with despite being tired after the AC.

i dont put much stock into the iran match as it was only his second in charge. he was still experimenting with his 3-4-3.