Judge, Jury, and Executioner-The official CKR do or die poll

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Corporation X, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    Tell us how you really feel.

2. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The man is stubborn and/or rash at times but he knows his football. No more knee jerk reactions. He'll make the proper adjustments. This man may not always play youngsters but he can spot talent well. We don't need another manager, especially not a foreign one. Unless the manager is a man by the name of Kim Hak Beom..... :) who's unemployed btw.

3. shinović89

shinović89 Member+

May 23, 2010
    Liverfail
    [​IMG]

Im feeling murderous feelings

4. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I chose he's done because I don't think he will change too easily. However now is not a good time to get rid of him, and can't think of a better replacement

5. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    there's no need for a manager change especially right before the WCQ's.

6. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I said the first one but only if there is a better replacement. Our first stage WCQ group is pretty easy. He better win all the games. Drawing is not an option. We are leagues better then UAE, Kuwait and Lebanon.

7. 4everbebop

4everbebop New Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    guus hiddink ftw!

i wish...

8. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    There is a big difference in running a club vs nt. Unless youre taking about spain / barca which are one and the same :)

Being a nt coach is not supposed to be complicated right now. Pick a formation, pick some players see what happens. CKR can't do any of these things.

9. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    CKR put Koo Ja Chael on the wing... That is just plain retarded.

10. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Skim, can you elaborate? What is he doing then other than picking players and picking a formation and seeing what happens? I know there is a lot less flexibility with the NT but he isn't far from where we need to be. His passing play is something we need for the future and I don't think he's too far off the mark right now.

edit: Honestly, I want a good explanation as to why he should be fired right before the WCQ. Many of you were praising our progress during the Asian Cup. Why does this loss suddenly make it so crystal clear that he needs to be sacked? If he is sacked, then who is the replacement?

11. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    If I understand right, CKR has been in charge for 14 games. In that time he's lost.....twice. Surely that's not really appropriate grounds for sacking if you consider his whole tenure so far.

12. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    For a club you have time to develop players into a totally different system. You can convert players' position. The nt on the other hand works with compressed schedules, players on short rest/post travel.

A Club manager can buy and sell players to assemble players that fit his system. A NT manager has to work with what he's got especially when working from a shallower talent base. A NT manager has to manage egos and identify leaders since you have a lot of alpha dogs in one place who may not know/respect/like one another

I criticized ckr before, during and after the AC. We weren't a poor mans barca. We were a sh***y arsenal. Our best players like lcy and ksy were confused and/or stifled. Our young guys were ignored, then thrown in at the last minutes.... Only to be out back on the bench 2 minutes later. Our defense was poor. The ONLY thing that improved were meaningless passes in the midfield against minnows who were willing to let us pass all day in the middle third.

13. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    This is when you get stuck with crappiness. Wins against India do not count for s***. Like Bradley in the us. You want to see progress, vision and improvement.

14. msc43

msc43 Member+

Jul 6, 2011
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think Korea should tempt Carlo Ancelotti into managing for them. We can definitely afford it. I really like the laid-back, trusting attitude he takes towards his players. It's very Guus Hiddink-esque in the regards that Carlo can assuage doubts and build confidence. Yes, there will be a lot of pressure to win under an Ancelotti-run team, and there's no doubt in my mind we'd have to pay a premium price for him... probably in the neighborhood of 5-7mil.
    Ancelotti has played and managed on a club and country level, so he should have decent expectations of when to call up players and how to handle them.

I'm sure you're saying this without watching any of the games. As a manager, CKR has more trust in his system than he does in the strengths of his players. Also, the roster decisions he makes are dreadful and question his competency as a national side manager.
    That said, KNT has an extreme lack of leadership and it was glaringly present during the pitch. There was nobody yelling or communicating and our heads were taken completely out of the game. Without PJS/LYP leadership, our team has taken a larger step back than I thought it would, and CKR is paying the price.

15. narasarang

narasarang Member

Sep 13, 2008
    how about scolari. i think he's pretty fierce and motivating when it comes to running a team. i always wanted that guy on the team haha

16. thewoo

thewoo Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    My main worry with CKR is that he is bloody stubborn. he refuses to accept his mistakes and make the same ones all over again. Also I don't like his obsession with trying to play tika teka Barca football when clearly we don't have the players who are capable of consistently achieving it.

17. HandsomeVoice

HandsomeVoice Member

Feb 7, 2010
    California
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    This.
    He needs to go.

18. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    yup, seems so stubborn.

instead of lining up to harness his players known strengths (wouldn't this be obvious?) he seems to be stuck on his vision (quick short pass, possession and deliberate play) and asks his players to change their game to suit his vision of how we shud be playing. might work against the minnows but what good does it do against teams who are able to adapt to us with equal or better skill?

and what good is possession if you don't penetrate the final third or get near the box?

19. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    Let him keep at it. It'll only get him replaced sooner than later.

20. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I actually watched 9 of Korea Rep's last 14 games (including 5 live at AC11). His system had South Korea outplayed all their AC opponents except Japan. And they had a tough time against Turkey away.

I'm saying that, he hasn't done all that badly and I reckon it's the single scoreline 3-0 that's got people calling for his head.

21. msc43

msc43 Member+

Jul 6, 2011
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If you're giving a manager success for beating Syria, Bahrain, India, Uzbekistan, Honduras, Vidic-less Serbia, and a very lucky Ghana win, then the manager should take credit for losses as well. Losing to Iran at home and Japan twice is simply unacceptable. And you're right. S.Korea did struggle mightily against Turkey. Guus Hiddink found ways to exploit us because he's a better manager than CKR in terms of playing to his players' strengths and generating a winning attitude. Hiddink develops leadership and puts trust in the players' strengths instead of a retarded and broken system that CKR insists upon using.

I'm going to ask you a couple questions: If a manager plays a formation that the players are unaccustomed to and constantly puts players out of position, how do you expect a team to perform? If a manager constantly calls up players who don't perform for the national team a la LKH/KJW, wouldn't you question his roster decisions? If the manager fcks up formation and personnel, what use do you have for a manager?

The writing's on the wall. Out with CKR. I'd rather go through the embarrassment of trying to poach Ancelotti. It's much better than having this disgrace as a manager. CKR makes Okada look like a fcking genius.

22. 4everbebop

4everbebop New Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    he's probably encouraging ckr's tactics in order for korea to be at the bottom of the pecking order. his pride got in the way probably because of yesterday's game. just ignore him, ckr sucks.

23. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    CKR is arguably the best youth coach we have. he did wonders for FC Seoul and Gyeongnam. he knows the players better than any manager. people say he is stubborn even though he has evolved a lot in his choices and formations. he took our direct 4-4-2 and switched it to a 3-4-2-1 form and then to a 4-1-4-1. obviously he is not stuck in his ways. some knock the barca ticky tack style but that actually plays to our stengths as we get more skill players on the ball. he clearly had an agenda yesterday and that wasnt to win. otherwise he wouldve waited till the end to sub instead of 5min into the second half.

losing one match is not the end of the world. the only managers i could see doing a better job are possibly kim hak-beom or choi kang-hee. possibly Ahn Ik-soo is a possiblity after the WC but there is no way in hell we are getting some mercenary foreign coach.

maybe CKR is more creative for his own good but can you see his dilemma? he is getting this huge influx of creating midfielders but only has a certain number who can play. thus why players like Nam get 5 minutes.

i dont think he was happy being forced to call up all the euro players myself. but what can u do when you opposition brings up their best.

24. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Yeah, but we lost to Japan twice in one year. Completely unacceptable. And we barely won against Iran.

We can beat a mediocre side easily despite CKR's system. But anytime we come across a well organised 4-2-3-1 side, we're screwed.

I'm not saying he should be fired, but he's being paid to be pragmatic, not dogmatic. Less Wenger and more SAF please.

Btw, stop calling for Ancelloti. He's never going to come to Korea. And if we fire CKR before or during the WCQs, no one is going to come to Korea.

And did I read some a suggestion for Scolari somewhere earlier? SCOLARI???? WTF?

25. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    We're making progress, I didn't hear Mouriho's name tossed around this time.