Juan Agudelo training at Celtic FC in the offseason

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Ironkick14, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    He was a bench player at RBNY, and is now a bench player at Chivas.

He's scored about 10 goals in his career..........but of course Jozy had scored only about 15 before he was sold to Villarreal.

I think he's shown promise, but I just don't see how Chivas is going to cultivate his talents & help him grow.

He's not going to stay in MLS. He's going to go abroad. [If Celtic had wowed Chivas with their offer, he'd probably already be there.]

Fingers crossed...............

2. Rainer24

Rainer24 Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's had bad luck in MLS, going from RBNY led by joke Backe to an entire joke club. He could still improve within the confines of the league, but given his experience up to this point, it wouldn't surprise if he is desperate to jet. He'd better score some goals if he wants any team worth playing for to come knocking. I think even something like a very modest haul of eight goals for his horrible team would possibly show enough to significantly improve his value. He has enough skill and a great physical package. Everything else he can still learn.

3. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Joke Backe? He got Tim Ream to the EPL

4. FloridaFC2MLS

FloridaFC2MLS Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can we at least wait a few weeks before saying he is a bench player at Chivas? He came off the bench against Columbus but had a knock. It wasnt because of his ability. If he's 100%, he's Chivas USA's best player, no question.

AnguloMLS@InsideChivasUSA
    Juan Agudelo was listed as "probable" with a right foot contusion, the same injury he's had trouble with since return from USMNT camp.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  5. El Michael

El Michael Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    fwiw Ream now rides the pine the Championship league. Not sure what really happened in NY between Backe and Agudelo, but there was probably fault on both ends

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  6. Rainer24

Rainer24 Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    F

That is most likely true, but there were people at RBNY who had scored a lot goals for Arsenal, Barcelona, and France who were only too glad to see Backe shown the door. I don't really know how much Backe could be credited with Ream considering the player didn't show a ton of progress while there.

7. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas

I'm not so sure about his playing time. While they don't have "star" forwards, they do have some other forward options. If you're Chivas, and you want to use ChivasUSA as a feeder team for Guadalajara.................you probably want the coaching staff to use the players you sent them on loan (Giovanni Casillas, Jose Manuel Rivera, Julio Morales, etc.). It's one of the big problems with ChivasUSA become a AAA team for the mother ship.

Agudelo may need to get the hell out of there to get a real starting opportunity.

[Dan Kennedy is their best player BTW..........................]

8. FloridaFC2MLS

FloridaFC2MLS Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He obviously wasnt in consideration considering that he is a goalkeeper.

But, I cant see Agudelo being on the bench if completely healthy. Chivas USA is perhaps a failure but Chelis is not & it's ultimately his decision.

9. Tom Collingsworth

Jun 14, 2011
    North Carolina
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to be a douche but why is there still discussion in this thread? He isn't a YA and can't be one until this summer at the earliest. The conversation here is relevant to the NT forum, not YA.

Friedel'sAccent bungadiri can one of you lock this thread for now and reopen when the next transfer window opens? On the grounds that Agudelo is not a YA, therefore doesn't meet the criteria for this forum.

soccersubjectively and Zak1FCK repped this.
  10. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speculation will happen before he actually leaves MLS.

I think the thread is fine as it is now but technically it should not be allowed I guess.