Jozy and the Footycats: Altidore at Sunderland

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dr. Gamera, Jul 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    you will be rewarded in your next life...

2. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    If healthy he needs to play. Sunderland's other options aren't any better.

3. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Can anyone point out the best match for Jozy in a Sunderland shirt? Has to be 1 right that he did all the right things rather than when he didn't suck so much?

4. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    I love him in the Newcastle game, was solid, active, and smiled a few times as well.

StuTheriot and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  5. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    The win against Chelsea and Newcastle come to mind.

6. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Was either the 1 where he got like an 8? I remember 1 game he was far and beyond the Man of the Match but I forget which.

7. eric_appleby

eric_appleby Member+

Jun 11, 1999
    Down East
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dempsey did fine at Tottenham. But he wasn't a sexy enough signing for the supporters. They wanted the latest whiz kid from South America. So Spurs bought Erik Lamela for 30 million pounds. How did that work out?

8. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    I wonder if any of the Spurs supporters realize that the current second hightest goal scorer for them this season has 7 goals in the Prems so far--the same amount that Demps scored for them last year.

As for Lamela...well Sunderland can rejoice in the fact they didn't spend 30 million pounds for 1 goal. Jozy offerned them an extremely discounted rate of 6 million pounds for 1 goal. :D

9. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Right on the money. Dempsey had it all but wasn't a big name for their deluded fans despite having scored in 2 World Cups and been a consistent scorer in the league prior to the move. And he had a large following in the USA.

StuTheriot and adi21 repped this.
  10. Jumbalaya

Jumbalaya Member+

Apr 27, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    First half against Newcastle was the best overall club peformance I've ever seen from Jozy. He went Drogba on the mags backline it was a thing of beauty for 45 min.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  11. JozyBradley

JozyBradley Member

Sep 1, 2013
    Against Tottenham...I know he didn't score but I truly consider this match his best because his touches, ball control and everything looked neat..less sloppyness on the ball and he was pulling the string with nice passes, dribbling past 2-3 players....

In all the other matches, he tend to have many sloppy moments on the ball where he simply don't even look like a footballer..more like a wrestler battling to get the ball under control.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  12. Chance

Chance Member+

Minnesota United FC
    United States
    Apr 5, 2012
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This isn't really true. Lamela was signed to replace Bale and he's been injured the entire season so don't pass judgement too quickly. ;)

13. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    He's had a butt ton of appearances and produced 1 goal against FC Sherrif.

14. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  15. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    Ah yes, nothing like a douchebag spouting off on Twitter to properly motivate someone.

wsmaugham, Zak1FCK, adi21 and 3 others repped this.
  16. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Can't wait until he can Vamos and leave those classless fans behind.

adi21 repped this.
  17. DIMITAR BERBATOV!

Aug 2, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair or not, I think fans of most clubs would be mad if their team was about to be relegated and their second most expensive player had scored 1 goal in a billion caps. Heck, I'm frequently tempted to hang a Giroud dartboard on my wall and he scores almost every other game.

18. Bigrose30

Bigrose30 Member+

Sep 11, 2004
    Jersey City, NJ
  19. irish56

irish56 Member+

Oct 30, 2006
    indy
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where you people find this crap? The dude has 230 followers. And why would anyone care about his opinion?

20. Fanatical Monk

Fanatical Monk Member+

Jun 14, 2011
    Fantasyland
    And better yet, why the f is a professional athlete subjecting himself to the armpit of the internet in the first place. Close the account, get mean, get healthy, and move on. In. That. Order.

21. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Oh as if this level of class fans aren't going to be everywhere/anywhere he goes.

22. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Quote: One player who is back in the fold though is Jozy Altidore after the American international missed the Everton defeat with a slight knock.

That seems to gloss over the situation a bit, doesn't it?

23. Borrachin

Borrachin Member+

Feb 28, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, if I didn't know any better, him being available makes it feel that he will add to his 20 goals he has so far. But nope, can he at least get off the bench.

ttrevett repped this.
  24. The Foo Fighter

The Foo Fighter Member+

Mar 15, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saw that Reyna is at Sunderland doing some kind of PR thing since he used to play there. I'm assuming this means he at least had lunch with Jozy, whether out of business or pleasure. Interesting though....

25. lmorin

lmorin Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With Poyet acknowledging that "something is wrong with Sunderland" and that it is not what he thought it was, I take that to mean that he now recognizes the problem does not lie with the attackers. They have all been swapped in and out of the lineup and nothing has changed. So, maybe, Jozy will be back in, based on the type of data shown to us by afgrijselijkheid, with changes occurring (if realistically possible) in the midfield/defense. Would not surprise me, but it is too bad it will be against MCity where attack opportunities are likely to be few.