Jozy and AZ changing their fortune? sat. 11/10 ADO Den Haag vs AZ 19.45 CET (winter time!)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Nov 9, 2012.

1. SuperChivo

SuperChivo Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    The only thing halfway interesting about this video is that the Dutch have cheerleaders. They announced Jozy's goal, but did not show it.

2. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Yeah. The seemed to like substitutions. And nearby fans. It was really quirky.

Nobody has uploaded the goal yet that I've found. I'm sure it will go up tomorrow.

3. SuperChivo

SuperChivo Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I've been looking to but all I found was another video, similar to this one, that was taken by a fan and really only showed the unhappy reaction of the ADO fans to the goal. Like you said, hopefully tomorrow.

4. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    I'm not sure how long it takes 90 seconds to post. I seem to think they sometimes upload on sunday. Somebody will post it. I missed it, having just turned off the stream out of frustration at it's crappy nature.

5. chalaron

chalaron Member+

Aug 15, 2006
    Baton Rouge, Louisia
    You'd think a "spectacular" goal in a major league would be all over the internet within 5 minutes of it happening. I guess ESPN and the like have spoiled me for instant highlights to almost any American sports league.

6. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    To be fair, it was against Den Haag - no one wants to see them, even when they get scored on.

7. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Holla PK and then from footage gaurenteed to make you seasick (phone vid)

Still looking for Jozy.

8. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    For anyone who wants to get a good view of how Jozy plays the center attacker for AZ a phone video from behind ADO's goal from the 1st half. Not too much action but you see where and how Jozy runs. No goal in this footage. (BTW I was wrong earlier. It was Falkenburg, not Beerens who scored the AZ first.

9. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Here ya go kiddos:

orcrist, HartwickFan, INKRO and 7 others repped this.
  10. Golazo

Golazo Member+

Apr 15, 1999
    Decatur, GA USA
    I disagree. The dark-eyed girl at the end of the backpass video telling me to "press that little button" is not without interest

11. Heist

Heist Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jurgen are you watching?
    That was a Golazo... and in the holdup forward style that he likes.
    How did Jozy play otherwise yesterday?

alocksley repped this.
  12. Jurgen was in England, watching Timmaay at Everton.

13. SuperChivo

SuperChivo Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Surely Jurgen has access to the internet, someone email this to him.
    "Something out of nothing" I believe was the commentator's quote. Exactly the qualities we need in a striker given our current offensive structure.

14. dethfire

dethfire Member

Jun 24, 2005
    That is great strength and skill from jozy. I have been skeptical of him, but that was nice to see. Bring him back in.

15. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, that was a Klinsmann style goal.

Celo's Bicycle repped this.
  16. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    I watched the 1st half and to be honest AZ was out of sorts and Jozy was not getting great service. Without Martens they just don't have enough creativity on the field. Maher can't do it all himself and Elm v. 2 and Beerens and Falkenburg and Guidmonson and Henriksen simply can't replace Martens and Poulsen and Holman and Elm v. 1 as far as offensive creativity/ability. Maarten needs to get healthy, the backs need to tighten up and honestly I think they need one more good middie.

The fact they had to fight back to tie Den Haag (after digging themselves a big, stupid hole) does not speak well for them. the backpass was comical. But Jozy creating the goal to at least pause the freefall was good. But you need all 3 v. Den Haag if you are serious about getting back to Europe.

17. INKRO

INKRO Member+

Jul 28, 2011
    Great find on the video, the old adage about a tree falling down in a forest with noone watching was starting to get into my head when trying to find footage of that goal.

18. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    I am sorry if you think Juergen does not know every single thing that happens with USA team members. It is 2012. Juergen was sending a message to Jozy that was unrelated to his club play.

orcrist and Bite o' the Cherry repped this.
  19. SuperChivo

SuperChivo Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I accept your apology but I must say that your argument has merit. Perhaps, if Juergi needs to send (inconsistent) messages to his players by means of the press, he doesn't have access to the internet.

20. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    you do not think he told this to Jozy directly??

21. Celo's Bicycle

Feb 16, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly what I thought when I saw it.

22. Maher wasnot on the picth, he was ill, so considering all creativity of the midfield was gone they did pretty well and even had a shot at victory.

23. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    But even with Maher this is not the same team as last year. Granted they gave Den Haag two goals, but it is just stupid for a team to go into what should be a 3 point cake walk and have to battle back for 1. AZ is a midtable team this year, unfortunately for Jozy, unless they get Martens back and add some defensive toughness.

24. This a truth without question;) But all the soccer analists I saw about AZ are confident that they will end up in the battle for the Euro league spots. The only but is their very thin bench. They cannot digest too many injuries.