Joshua Perez

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by prowazekii, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Goals in game against Strikers:

2. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really good ball skills and composure.

3. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Man....................I just saw that and you beat me to it by a millisecond!!

Key line from article:

Indications from Hugo Perez suggest his nephew’s move to Europe is a matter of when and not if at this point.

4. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure a club like PSV would be very interested in Joshua Perez.

5. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    It hasn't been discussed, but I'm assuming Joshua can get a Euro passport through parents/grandparents.

6. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Maybe. Does that matter in Holland?

7. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I just realized- I guess his parents will move to wherever, making the need for a passport moot.

8. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I don't know. I was just thinking about Lee Nguyen, Robbie Rogers, Michael Bradley and other kids that have moved to Holland. None of them were as young as Perez, but I don't know if any of them had Euro passports.

9. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    Matters in the eyes of FIFA for players under 18 y/o.

10. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...and Holland has a minimum salary for non EU players. I believe around half a million.

11. That's why it is better to let a kid come over to us at the age of around 11-12, as then they learn like the Dutch kids the necesary tactical skills, besides the obvious technical, and when the are 5 years over here they can get a Dutch passport at the age of 18, thus skipping the hurdle of a too high paycheck for an unproven kid.
    It is a lot cheaper too for parents, as the kid will enroll in our school system, which is at least as good, but often better than the US system and cost almost nothing, college is far cheaper than in the USA and on top of that the kid is in our health system that is in your eyes ridiculously cheap. ( and no, everything FOX news and Mitt Romney tried to lie to you about our health system is untrue). And as far as I know the parents arenot being charged for the rearing of their kid by the soccer foster parents.
    So if your or a kid you know shows exceptional skills, ship him to us because it saves you alot of money and we have the best Academies in the world.

12. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Instead of 'shipping' our 12 year old kids to you can we institute more Dutch training methods in the US. I hear Child labor is becoming a problem in the world:).
    On a political note nothing is free. Someone is paying for it. Its just a matter of who and how you want to pay for it. School, College, Health Care and child rearing aren't magically free to everyone.

13. Jacques Strappe

Mar 24, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless, of course, you actually love your children and you want to be a parent to them. I guess I'd rather 'spend the money' and be a decent father than give my kids up for an institutional Dutch brainwashing.:rolleyes:

14. bajansoccer

bajansoccer Member

Aug 28, 2011

15. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come on don't insult someone's intelligence by implying they really think that.

16. No, of course not. But I think they misunderstood what I was referring to. I was referring to the hoax of Fox News and extreme conservative Republicans who with every election come up with the tiring story of how we euthanize our elder people in our hospitals against their will. I can understand that people from their inner believes are against euthanasia and I respect that. But what isnot good is when you start spreading lies to support your opinion.
    If I understood the numbers on CNN well, about 170000 Americans die a year because they cannot afford the health care they need. I would call that euthanasia on the poor.
    A few months ago we had a national discussion about the cost per patient for a number of rare diseases. the cost per patient is between 500000 to 1 million euros a year, and that is for the quality of live for those patients, not for saving their lives. Insurers wanted to scrap those medicines, but were forced to track back because of the national public and political outrage.

17. I ment there that the club isnot charging the parents a fee for their kid to stay with the foster parents.

18. El Michael

El Michael Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Club:
    DC United

There are literally 100's of families involved with professional clubs that would house and support a player to play in the US. I would think this would be the case almost anywhere. really not much of an issue for a club that wants to bring in talented players.

19. El Michael

El Michael Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    Western Europe does something far worse than euthanize elderly.. they actually support and have implemented a policy of eugenics. It won't be long, for example, before Denmark eliminates babies being born with Downs and other imperfections. I work for an organization that advocates against this if you want to learn more or you can use google.

More importantly this is a soccer blog and slinging mud which you and I have now done is pointless

20. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    That may be true but his post definately emphasized that things were either free or almost nothing.
    His words not mine. I can't read between the lines.

21. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this for all levels?

I was under the impression that is was no lower than the league average or medium.

22. I ment there that the club isnot charging the parents a fee for their kid to stay with the foster parents. So no lines to read between.

23. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    I get it. You did mention that school, college, health care, and child rearing would cost almost nothing, far cheaper, ridiculously cheapand, the parents are not being charged for the rearing. My point was that it may be great financially for the American Parents but it will cost the people of the Netherlands to educate, offer health coverage, and child rear someone who is not Dutch. You mention how cheap it is for the American parents without mentioning how much additional amount of money it costs the citizens of Holland to pay for all these kids who are not paying into the system. It costs someone something and according to you its not the kids parents whose kid it is.

24. It isnot payed by the Dutch people, but by the club (if my presumption about not charging is correct, but I never heard it was being done). But even if the USA parent has to pay the same (for American standards low) amount Dutch citizens do pay, it isnot stealing from the Dutch people as the kid has the same rights as every legally in our country present kid.