Jose Pekerman

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by Clenbuterol, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    knock on wood, but i imagine that by June 7 - both colombia and argentina will be in a good position to qualify for Brazil to the point where the result between both sides will not matter in the grand scheme of things. i see the game being more like a progress report for both teams to see what areas they need to improve at...

if we learned anything from 1994 and 2002 is that qualifiers don't mean anything if you get your @$$ handed to you in the group stage of the WC.

2. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, because you also need luck and mentality at the world cup
    They thrashed Greece and came back from behind to beat Nigeria but when Diego's out, they cant even beat Bulgaria

Argentina will not qualify for 94 WC without Diego. Diego set up 1 goal in 2-1 victory against Australia in play off game.

Look at his determination at almost 34 years old, took the throw in, run the defenders, get up quickly from tackle and set up the goal. Messi shouldnt be mentioned in same line with him as he looks blank all the time when the team didnt played well and started to blaming his teammate for not passing the ball to him. He needs to run his ass more, this is why sometimes I miss Messi of 2005-2008. Diego also assisted countless time with a cross from left and right wing, something you cant say about Messi, or even Di Maria in NT.

3. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    my apologies - the 1994 reference was mainly for the hype colombia got. i was referring to argentina relative to 2002 which was a qualifier campaign you guys cruised through

4. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, qualifier never reflect what will happen on tournament, it has been proven from time to time.

Brazil was won copa america 2004 & 2007, confederation cup 2005 & 2009, and was no.1 in both 2006 and 2010 qualifier but they also didnt live up to the hype, granted they reached knockout stage but for Brazil its a massive failure.

We struggle in 1986 qualifier just like Brazil in 2002 qualifier but we all know what those teams achieved.

Qualifier suppose not a big deal except in South America, in Europe you got all the powerhouse teams all seperated in different group playing against Belarus, Malta, Armenia, Faore island, San Marino, Serbia, Moldova, Latvia, Estonia, Andorra, Macedonia, Cypruss, Azerbaijan , Luxemberg etc. Brazil and Argentina will qualify with B team in those group.

5. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    I said it before and I will say it again.

Thank you Argentina for Pekerman.