PBP: Jornada 33 | La Liga BBVA 13/14 | Granada CF v FC Barcelona | 12 April 2014 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Apr 11, 2014.

1. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    They tried it with the best 185cm striker in the world in 2010 and it was a fail.

I agree though that 50% of conceded goals coming from set-pieces is alarming. But the other half of the stat is less worrisome since scoring 20-30 seconds after taking a short corner is even better than scoring with a long corner directly (since it greatly reduces the risk of a quick counter-attack against).

3. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

It wasnt a fail until Messi went crying to Pep (rightly so then cause Messi was awesome after that), Ibra was actually a huge success until Christmas.. after that it was not the same!! (Have to admit, his ego aside that that I agree with Ibra, they bought a Ferrari but used it as a Fiat). They shouldn't have bought him in the first place.. also Ibra is not that good in the air IMO. Id prefer a Gomez, Mandzukic, Dzeko, Toni, Van Persie.. heck even Sergio Ramos is better than all Barcelona squad put together in the air.

Also what this team could have needed right now would be an Ibra attitude a majestic egoistic anger-machine who scares team-mates to perform even better. Just look at PSG.. they are not the same without him..

U cant also use Ibra as a ref point for 30 years saying we tried it and it didnt work. Barca are trying midgets now and its not working... they cant penetrate the bus then cross after cross comes in but nothing happens, balls headed away easily. I bet a natural header-skilled player would have converted 1-2 two chances that Messi had with his pequeno cabeza.

Tobias19 repped this.
  4. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Shocking to see how Barca gambles away 2 titles (CL & La Liga) within 3 days.