PBP: Jornada 33 | La Liga BBVA 13/14 | Granada CF v FC Barcelona | 12 April 2014 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I agree. And what further makes it tricky is that the results even these post-Pep times when "tiki-taka has been dead" have been sort of so good that it doesn't fast forward the changes. With a team like, say, ManU, it's been the opposite: results are bad enough so big enough focus goes to what should be changed, whereas with us, the still-good results perhaps blind us a bit of the weaknesses.

2. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I don't think it's that simple. I mean for one, Pep's last Barca didn't win Liga, whereas right when he left, we won again.

Forzabarca repped this.
  3. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    #153 waitforit, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
    I have no ideea what tiki taka has to do with players shooting off target. It's the players not the system. When players make mistakes that Under-xx are not allowed to make, it's not the system, it's not the coach or freaking Pinto

evil_allan repped this.
  4. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Or maybe Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Puyol have aged a bit since Peps prime. Give the team from 4 years ago to Tito, Tata, Titi, Toto then maybe you'll have a treble too or something. If Pep came back today I seriously doubt he could do much with the style. Why? Cause every one else have evolved except Barca. Just my too cents, Pep is an amazing coach but don't forget, right, time, right place.. right players. Sometimes Pep gets to much credit when compared to other coaches.

5. the one and only

Jul 15, 2011
    Tough day for possession football ! First Pep's Bayern lose 3-0 to Dortmund, then Barca loses tonight

6. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Agreed. I'd like Suarez and shifting Messi to the right. But that's a pipe dream.

Luckily Madrid are a mess as well so it could still go either way. But yeah the sentiment has definitely shifted since the 4 x 3. I don't personally care for the CDR much but it's against Madrid so I'd like to win it.

7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I see that ahole Mkhitaryan decided to score today. Had so many chances vs Madrid...

8. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    well, that happens when he is the most successful coach in Barça´s history, than goes to an already victorious Bayern to implement a completely different playstyle, faces resistance in the beginning and then suddenly starts making Bayern even more successfull than it already was.

True... maybe it IS the players. After all, you are not giving Pepe a 2nd division club and seeing if Pepe can get that club to first division, than to win the first division than the Premier League.

But even so, Pep HAS a star...

9. Hecklin Von Dutch

Mar 15, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Our major problem is a lack of a back up plan for when Tiki Taka aint working. I dunno how we can fix that any time soon.

10. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Can we get Frank Rikaard back for the manager

11. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    is that all we're missing?

12. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

What I actually liked about tonight's game was that there was at least a sense of urgency compared to other times. Shame it didn't pay off. :(

13. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Get Ronaldinho too :ROFLMAO:

s7kru and MavadoDribblez repped this.
  14. Hecklin Von Dutch

Mar 15, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    yea
    yea dig Larrson and Edmilson outta retirement and lets get this train back on track

15. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ******** you assholes :ROFLMAO:

evil_allan repped this.
  16. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    [​IMG]

The kid just wouldn't let him go :ROFLMAO:

17. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

18. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Anyone else think that without Messi it would have looked different tonight!? Sometimes I feel he could make the change to winning 5-0 and sometimes that he´s just in the way. Remember when he was injured!? Somehow games felt more open than lately!? Alexis, Pedro, Cesc pierced more often.. Cesc for example had much more assists/goals when Messi wasn't fully fit :unsure: I feel introducing him/removing him could make more impact sometimes.

19. Hecklin Von Dutch

Mar 15, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Did you feel this way when he was winning the Ballon D'Or 4 yrs straight? or when he scored the hattrick against Madrid....dont have such a short memory.

Rattlehead repped this.
  20. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    the hat trick involved 2 pks

lets not over emphasize the feat

its a valid question he asked and for example could be considered a tactical masterstroke if it worked however if it does not work the coach would be savaged in the press

question is who has the balls to sub out Messi whn the game is on the line?

Forzabarca repped this.
  21. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

#171 Forzabarca, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2014
    No I didn't. I'm talking about this season, lately..in some games. Perhaps you didn't read properly, go back and try again.

With your logic, Barcelona should bring Ronaldinho, Maradona, Eto'o etc back just cause of their resume. I know Messi has had a great 2014 but his presence could lead to a parked bus which with bad finishing could give you what we saw tonight.

True it's hard (it takes a Ferguson ;-) )

Well maybe not sub him out necessarily. I think the display against AM warranted a start from the bench and introduced when/if things gone sour. That perhaps could have been a masterstroke as you put it. (although masterstroke makes think about other stuff, something we all could use right about now :D:p)

condor11 repped this.
  22. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    All of them were good to go only when Ten Cate was around. Once he left after Paris '06, the team chemistry off the pitch was gone and so too were the titles.

23. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    so what your saying is bring back Ten Cate?

24. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I'm not even suggesting bringing back Deco, whom I felt was the key figure from that squad (besides Puyol's leadership).
    Just mentioning the unsung father figure who rarely gets credit.

25. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    fair call