PBP: Jornada 32 | La Liga BBVA 13/14 | FC Barcelona v Real Betis | 5 April 2014 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Apr 3, 2014.

1. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Last couple of years yeah. First 3 years Ronaldo was at Madrid he seemed to always have more PKs.

2. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I suppose Ronaldo didnt take penalties at MU? I mean he even took the one that suppose to be taken by Tevez. He also took the one against Barcelona in 2008 semifinal and off course it didnt went it. Not to mentioned he also missed week earlier against Westham.

3. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    when I think of Pessi, I think of Peso. Like hey man I got lots of Pessi (aka lots of pesos)

4. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Still we shouldn't of a gross number. The Penaldo nick names comes from how much these goals represent of the total.
    If Ronaldo scores 12 goals from the penalty spot but his total is 15 he is Penaldo. If Messi scores 13 out of 50 while he scored more from the penalty spot he is not penalty-dependent. So in the last years Messi outscored Ronaldo and had fewer penalties.

In the last years
    Messi 46-4
    Ronaldo 34-6

Messi 50-10
    Ronaldo 46-12

Messi 31-4
    Ronaldo 40-8

Messi 34-1
    Ronaldo 26-4

So no I am not going to say that they are the same even if this years he and Ronaldo have simmilar numbers

5. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

I've been in a mist... So how was the game? Anything I might/would have complained about?

Glad Sevilla did their job, RS?!... :confused::rolleyes:

6. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I hope Messi catches up to CR7 goal situation by the next game

7. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    It's very unlikely that both ATM and LPB will win all their games so I think Barca's room for error is a bit more than that. A draw on the final day could very well be enough to finish ahead of ATM, but not sure if it will be enough to stay ahead of LPB. That's why I say 'think twice before rooting against ATM in their next few league matches.' :unsure:

8. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    But it should comes naturally instead trying to put the ball for Messi to score all the time. There were periods where we did that 2 years ago when he's about to break Muller's record but other than that I dont see Pichichi as a big deal especially if we end up as a champion this year.

9. MavadoDribblez

MavadoDribblez Member+

Feb 7, 2008
    Ontario
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Lolo, Nono, that performance was very po' po' (poor-poor). Undeserved victory in my opinion. Another lethargic display, one penalty, one own goal, although we hit the bar twice. Pedro has now been non-existent a couple times in a row I think. Neymar and Fabregas changed the match. Masch, Bartra and Busquets were the best.
    Anyway, three points is three points. I don't think we need to worry about whether the team will be up for it against AM, because they seem to only struggle in the matches against lesser lights.

Edit: Inswinger, I thought the same as you about that Gamechanger commercial....so funny. Haha.

Forza: This match, would be a perfect time for one of your rants, but you spared us. Unpredictable is your middle name. :cool:

Viscaelbarca, unclesox and condor11 repped this.
  10. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Oh they'll drop way more than 4 points playing like this. This was their easiest remaining game and it was still 50/50. :eek:

11. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    Tata Martino:

“In a sense, I was expecting today's match to not play out like our previous ones.”

“For once, I'm going to focus 100 per cent on the result, not how we played.

"I don't want to make excuses. The feeling that I have is that in between the game this past Tuesday and the one next Wednesday this match against Betis snuck up on us.

"We needed to win in order to continue putting pressure on the leaders."

"I wanted to rest some of the players ahead of Wednesday's game against Atletico if today's game had gone differently. It didn't play out that way," he added.

"I probably could have given more rest to some of the players who featured on Tuesday. Perhaps I didn't go far enough with the rotations."

Considering the fact that this match was sandwiched between the UCL QF clash with ATM, I'm just happy with the three points and no new injuries from this. Betis were really fired up and played very aggressively - this was a match we could have very easily lost. Betis is a much better team than their league position would suggest. it was pretty obvious that barca were playing within themselves with their minds on the champions league. one liga round less to go, and barca still has everything in their hands.

12. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    ^ @evil_allan : Although Betis played a must-win game last Monday night so unfortunately the excuse of playing a CL game last Tuesday night isn't a great one. I mean, yes, I'm just happy with the 3 points but no excuse for the awful performance. Lets just file this match away and forget about it.

13. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    i didn't mean it quite that way. i meant more as in they were thinking about the upcoming game on wednesday and so they were playing in a way that would help them conserve their energy for the more important match coming up. that they didn't play at their best was not because of fatigue, but because they were saving their best for wednesday, and were happy to do 'just enough' against the betis.

BocaFan repped this.