PBP: Jornada 29 - El Clásico | La Liga BBVA | Real Madrid v FC Barcelona | 23 March 2014 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Definitely.. He deserves this more than anyone else, so don't get me wrong but not in a Clasico from a Barca player, specially Busquets.

2. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I'm not so sure. I tried looking at the clips available, and they don't give a clear picture (imo). A look down doesn't equal to "I'm gonna stomp him".

Dunno if he should be punished. If we punish him, we gotta punish a whole bunch of other actions as well. Anyway, if I was a ref and saw that, it would be a straight red (with the possibility of getting away with it with a yellow in some percentage of the cases). However, when the clips are a bit unclear, when the press of the shoe against the head can only be speculated, etc, it becomes a messy situation, and I'm not sure answers are that easy to give. But I 100% think Busquets should know better anyway, as red or not, he is risking a red anyway, and those hurt the team a lot.

That's where you go wrong, imo: actions should be treated fairly, not based on who did it. Would you demand equal punishment for Messi/Iniesta/Puyol if they did what Busquets did? Maybe, but maybe not, as the horribility of the action here was underlined with Busquet's other stuff.

3. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

No you misunderstood, I didn't mean Pedro, Iniesta should be treated differently, just that if it was them I give them benefit of a doubt (an accident stomp) but since it's Busi... Hmm well that's a different story ;-)

4. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    That's exactly "treating them differently".

Besides, Busquets isn't exactly known for violent stamps, so dunno he doesn't receive the benefit of a doubt in this case.

5. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Btw can the league punish players after the game?

Let's say if Madrid file a complaint and they send this to the officials.

Could they suspend him?

6. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Yes.

7. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    It's not treating them differently. It's weighing the probabilities using past behavior. It's done in trials all the time to help determine if someone is most likely guilty or most likely not guilty.

Forzabarca repped this.
  8. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yes, but Busq doesn't have a history of this kinda past behavior more than Messi, Pedro or Iniesta.

Had this been case of diving or not, then sure.

evil_allan repped this.
  9. R.Baggio

R.Baggio Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Add to that the fact that you play "boring" short passing football instead of the "exciting" ball hoofing they so crave.

Dhajj repped this.
  10. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Alves was atrocious yesterday. He was skinned by DiMaria every time, almost costs us the game.

11. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

RMSocrates repped this.
  12. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lets be fair, Di Maria has skinned Puyol too. He;s one of those player that when he's on top form, its hard to stop no matter how good your defence is. His first assist, he's skipped pass 4 players. Our opponent sometimes will say the thing but when you play against Messi or Iniesta, your defenders will naturally look bad most of the time.

13. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
  14. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's just part of the conspiracy that CR is calling attention to so bravely.

I can't tell you how much I enjoy it when folks say stuff like "I don't want to use the referee as an excuse but . . ." and then proceed to spend a bunch of time using the referee as an excuse -- or even better, claim that there's a conspiracy that's determining the referee's calls. I guess that referee will take a pay cut from the conspiracy for giving CR that penalty outside the box then, huh?

15. Bootsy Collins

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there a larger version of this? The image is so tiny I can't see a damned thing.

16. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

I'll upload the video clip later on.

17. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    who cares?
    we won!
    yaay!

18. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Regarding Busquets, the popular image of his peeking after being fouled is the only thing that I'm aware of that he's guilty of.
    But Busquets had gone down after a legitimate foul. As the ball was heading out of play Motta reached back and made contact with Busquets' face. A clear yellow card, and with Motta having already been on a yellow there was no option but to send him off. Yes, Busquets' peek-a-boo reaction was childish, but that doesn't take away his being on the receiving end of a bookable offence.
    Besides the peek-a-boo after being fouled, what else has Busquets done to deserve this 'reputation'?

evil_allan repped this.
  19. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    While I agree defensively, he was huge in the last 15 minutes. He made the team feel like they had the man advantage when in possession. Also, once he got pushed up on the second half, he wasn't getting skinned as much. I think blame also falls on Neymar for his lack of intensity defensively.

inswinger repped this.
  20. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Alves? No player has ever beaten LPB as many times as Alves, 20 times. :coffee:

os_mutante repped this.
  21. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I can't believe you are upset that busquets stepped on pepe , you forgot already what that ruthless heartless c*nt did to messi before ? and by the way he didn't just step on messi's hand like busquets did with him but he stomped on it with full force.

[​IMG]

22. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    I am really starting to believe that Real fans are no that upset regarding Neymar or the Ramos red card. I think that at the end of the day they really really wanted to rub the Ronaldo penalty mistake

They were looking forward to saying "hahahahaa bitches taste of your own medicine" "KARMA!!" "Demichelis sends greetings"
    Or "how does it feel?" And things of that sort

23. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Come on dude don't get me wrong, Pepe should be thrown in jail and the key thrown away. He deserves that and it feels good seeing him getting stomped on like a pissant that he is.

But Busquets behavior isn't excused just cause Pepe is such a C#nt. If ref or linesman had seen that he could have been sent off and it might have ruined any chance Barcelona had to win so he should be slapped by Tata or Puyol maybe. Next time maybe he doesn't get away with it.

puyol repped this.
  24. Bootsy Collins

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A number of people here are upset about it, if it was indeed intentional.

Yes, Pepe has a long history of being a tool. So it's OK to you if one of our players becomes a tool too? Come on. Being one of the good guys means actually acting like a good guy. I hope it was unintentional. But if it was intentional, then I hope Tata squeezes his nuts and tells him that it's unacceptable.

Forzabarca repped this.
  25. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    For those getting on Busquets, I offer this defence:
    Diego Lopez's actions on Busquets played a vital role in the incident. If Busi isn't grabbed by Lopez, he steps over Pepe. Unfair to assume otherwise.

inswinger, puyol and Gilmango repped this.