Jornada 17 del Apertura '12: Chivas vs Tijuana

Discussion in 'Chivas' started by Hecho en Chivas, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    lets not forget last time we entered liguilla as 8th best - back when there were still groups - we ended up winning our 11th star (Apertura 2006)

damn, hard to believe that was 6 years ago. i still remember that game like it was yesterday.

2. Talisman

Talisman Member+

Aug 5, 2011
    Stamford, CT
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Sammy Sadovnik from telemundo said the Mexico Sub 20 team is going to play some friendlies in Los Angeles this month or next month.

3. Talisman

Talisman Member+

Aug 5, 2011
    Stamford, CT
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yeah I remember we beat the Super Lider Cruz Azul in the quarter finals. :cool:

4. Regulus Tera

Regulus Tera Member+

None
    Mexico
    Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    As long as it's not this week....
    We were eighth place just three tournaments ago when Pumas beat us in the semis.

5. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Gentlemen, f'ing research: 2006 Championship team only lost one match at home (2-3 against Cruz Azul). The current squad has not been as imposing; winning only twice and losing three times. Also, 2006 squad: 26 points, 26 goals scored and 18 against.

Current Season 8th place (23pts, 17 goals for, 17 goals against)
    Clausura 2012 15th place (15pts, 12 goals for, 21 goals against)
    Apertura 2011 1st place (30 points, 24 goals for, 18 goals against)
    Clausura 2011 8th place (25 points, 23 goals for, 20 against)
    Clausura 2010 10th place (22 points, 16 goals for, 15 against)
    Bicentenario 2010 2nd place (32 points, 28 goals for, 21 against)

I am basing the club's overall improvement compared with the last two years. Now, I am not saying Van't Schip should get fired or that Croit project is a bust; im just stating the obvious that there has still been no significant improvement of which we can all agree on that it will take time. Given that we were supposed to have a team that were going to be contenders for years to come and shock full of world class canteranos well what we have is a mediocre club that has suffered dramatically each and every time our beloved owner has seen it fit to fire coaches and not reinforce the squad.

What I expect of Chivas is a squad that should always qualify to the playoffs. So, even if the squad gets eliminated in the first round we have something to work on and improve on. That said, going back to the 2006 season up until now it is clear to see that the club has been in decline and had it been managed better there would of at least been another championship trophy in the coffers.

My main worry right now with team Croit is still the Transfer market. Throw the whole no one wants to sell players to Chivas BS aside; we have no good negotiaters and I doubt Croit will fly down to el Mercado de Piernas to negotiate with the other club presidents himself. What we have is Leano who I still don't trust. And why I suspect this whole Mexicans from anywhere bring in Herc talk is going on. Im sure Team Croit is worried that they will not be able to bring in the players that they want..

El Jalisciense and Ronrris repped this.