Magico Gonzalez Thread

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by FenoFutbol, Aug 20, 2006.

1. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa
    I know Maradaona was the greates, but I found this article really interesting. This is mostly for my Mexican homies that got mad bc of the comparison of Jorge and Hugo.

So if Maradona said Jorge was better than him, was Jorge possibly near Hugo Sanchez??? Was Jorge good enough to make FIFAs top 100 :D

Su peculiar forma de ser le privó de jugar en un grande, algo que a él no le preocupaba ya que para Jorge el Cádiz era el más grande. LLegó a una tierra amante de un fútbol arte cimentado en los históricos Trofeos Carranza donde actuaron las mayores estrellas de la historia del fútbol. como: Di Stéfano, Pelé, Cruyff, Zico etc...
    Maradona que realizó una gira en el Barça junto al salvadoreño llegó a decir que era mejor que él.
    Era enemigo del entrenamiento físico al que no acudía en más de una ocasión.

http://futbolfactory.futbolweb.net/index.php?ff=historicos&f2=00001&idjugador=65

Para el recuerdo quedan esos goles que marcó al Valencia, al Santander, al Barcelona, sus actuaciones en el Bernabeu del que salió ovacionado en más de una ocasión.

2. mexicano

mexicano New Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Templológico
    Si tu...

NEVER!!!! :mad:

3. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Re: Si tu...

Do you think el Magico was better than Maradona, pheno?

4. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa
    Re: Si tu...

Technically speaking they were about the same, spectacular. Jorge had a lot more fundaments than Maradona. Jorge had a better left, Mardona did not have a right foot.

A lot of people that saw both of them playing, mostly Spaniards, though that they were both genious, a lot of Spaniards would think Jorge was the greatest...

I think the only difference was what everybody else says. Jorge was from El Salvador and Maradona from Argentina. Jorge played for Cadiz and Maradona for Barcelona.

If you actually watch Jorges DVD and Maradonas best goals... they were both Magicians, Kings, artist with the ball. Maradonas ego was what made the difference... remember that Argentinians train to be World Champions and Salvadorean train only to beat Mexico one day, and maybe make it to the WC :D

Thats just what I think.

Peace

5. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Re: El Magico better than Maradona?

Alot of players do all kinds of isht for club teams but can't cut it on the big stage(Shevcheko, Raul, Del Piero). The difference between Maradona and Gonzales was Diego being a master tactician as well as a virtuoso with the ball, which they both were. He took the cup in 86 in Mexico and the Italian scudetto with little known Napoli practically by himself.

6. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa
  7. Miss Webous

Miss Webous Member

Oct 3, 2005
    Club:
    Cruz Azul Hidalgo
    Re: Maradona and Magico Gonzalez together in "showbol"

Coach your country? or join some expo BS allstars team? what is it some some of AA and druggie team

8. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

Yo quiero que maradona venga a CR :(

9. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense

Dime que estas bromeando:eek: Amenos que...olvidalo

10. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Magico es el jugador mas teknica que Norte America ha crecido. Hay various sitios de la red k son dedicado a el y su leyenda en La Liga.

The nose candy did him in however, seems to have that power on footballers from the Americas...probably why Maradona holds a player of his incredible skill in such regard these many years later. Magico has overcome a lot over the years.

It was very cool seeing him play in person when he played for my USL Houston Hurricanes FC in 2000. La Chelona fue nuestro DT tambien.

11. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa

I think so. I didnt see Garrincha, Zico, Pele, or Cruff playing so I cant tell you that Magico was better than they were. Maradona and Magico is a better comparison. Magico and his tecnique could take on Ronaldo and easily beat Ronaldinhos samba, and again, thats just my barrio futbol opinion.

Maradona is basically doing barrio futbol exhibition and he wanted Magico Gonzalez to be part of of the OGs of barrio futbol.

They have been good friends since they went on a tour together in Barcelona.

I've played with people from Jorges barrio in San Salvador, they do street tournaments, you can find people that literaly "dance" with the ball, is so much fan to watch them play... im not talking tricks, im talking games were you play to win and you usually find players that could go back and forwards dribbling people around and you just can take the ball away from them.

Sorry i get a bit exciting when talking about this things. I've been red carded by morado so i may even stop coming here.

Siganme los buenos :cool:

12. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

Is it a transparent card? cause I don´t see it... If you were redcarded you wouldn´t be able to post, you got a warning for opening another dumb trolling thread, now if you wanna leave, then leave, no one is stopping you
    have a nice day

13. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

How come they never bring those shows up to the Bay Area? Bunch of ODIADORES!

14. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa
    Re: Jorge Magico Gonzalez!!!

im too lazy to do it, maybe somebody else can post some picture.

how bout cool stories of jorge.

here is one.

jorge wasted at a party, somebody calls.

Friend: jorge somebody wants to talk to you."

jorge: im busy with some bitches,

friend: jorge he really wants to talk to you

jorge: damn who is it?

friend: let me ask this foo

jorge: tell him im f.. busy

friend: he says he is maradona

jorge: "oh s... let me talk to him"

Hahaha this is true, jorges friends talk about jorges cool stories. anybody knows more of jorges cool stories?

15. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa
    Maradona said that Jorge "El Magico" was one of the best 10 players ever (video)

This is for Ticos, Gringos, Catrachos... Yorkes, MC Brides, Suazos, and even the HugosSanchez pollitos, they would never get the respect of Diego.

The God of soccer speaking of the Magician.

$http://youtube.com/watch?v=25PjjFo4sfE&mode=related&search=

Whats up?

Whos is the the best of concacaf acording to Diego? whos el rey?

16. El_tri321mex

El_tri321mex Member

Oct 20, 2006
    berkeley
    Re: Maradona said that Jorge "El Magico" was one of the best 10 players ever (video)

Hugo Sanchez is the biggest thing Concacaf has seen in terms of players without my disrespects to Magico .

17. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Re: Maradona said that Jorge "El Magico" was one of the best 10 players ever (video)

There needs to be some non-Mexican, non-Salvadoran CONCACAF fans that need to get in on this discussion. Because at the moment, its a given that all Mexican's will be saying Hugo is the best, and all Salvadoran's are gonna go with "el Magico".

18. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa

So ur sayin Maradona is a Salvadoran?

Maradona is wrong about who was the best of ccc huh?

19. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

im not mexican but his right have u seen hugo scoring status in real madrid crazy

20. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa

a couple of chilena goals thats all.

bc batistuta scored so many goals in seria a, can he be compared to Maradona? How about Eto? they're good, not great, Magico was more than great :cool:

21. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense

Alright.

Maradona(along with Garrincha) are considered the best dribblers ever in history. Pele is considered the best ever player for being all around. El Magico is by far the best ever dribbler the CONCACAF has ever produced, so it makes sense that Maradona would be biased in favor of him. I´m a dribbler:D and almost never use my head, so I´m baised in favor of him too. On one of his greatest-ever goals, he dribbled through the entire Barcelona defense(something I can´t imagine any CONCACAFer doing now.

Having said that, Jugo Sanchez won titles with the world´s best team(Real Madrid), was the man who finally brought CONCACAF some respect, both by conquering Europe with Real Madrid, and by leading the first really compeditive CONCACAF team into the World Cup(Mexico in 1986). People should really look at the joke CONCACAF was before him.

Also, Gonzales, with all his raw talent(more than Hugo) screwed it away with his drinking and other problems, and not many people outside of Cadiz, El Salvador, Maradona, and Bigsoccer posters know about him. Hugo went on to lead PUMAS to two titles before becoming Mexico´s head coach.

Its like Hernan Medford for Costa Rica. He was a great player(playing in the Serie A when it was the best league in the world), lead Costa Rica to the second round of the World Cup as a player, coached Saprissa to the CRL title before leading them to the World Club Cup bronze medal, and is now coaching the national team. There are a bunch of players in Limon or San Jose that can jump over the ball faster than him, but(other than Wanchope) he was the all-around greatest for CR.

It takes more than dribbling ability to be an all-around great player. If that wasn´t the case, then Cannavarro and Maldini suck, and Denilson is one of the greates players ever. And as far as Maradona(it hurts me saying this as a Boca fan:eek: ) is..um..not exactly completely stable mentally at the moment. The Argentines know this, which is Basile is in the doughout coaching instead of him.

22. apollo_1444

apollo_1444 Red Card

Apr 11, 2007
    mexico

i dont want to be disrespectful but i didnt even know who "el magico" was

23. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa

and that is bc he did not born in brazil.

To Latinos, mostly central and south americans, if you cant dribble, u aint sh..

so that bein said. Magico the best, El Rey :cool:

24. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Why Magicos is not as known as Hugo is his own fault, Barca and other huge teams beg for him to sign but he rather be praised at Cadiz than anywhere else. Still Magico is unico.