Jorge Campos Jersey

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by enea, Apr 1, 2007.

1. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
  2. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I mean I used to like it and everything... but do you think I'd seriously wear that shit?

3. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Why?

4. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Lol...I would if I was playing goalie...however, I would take it off right after the game.

5. Humanfly

Humanfly New Member

May 10, 2007
  6. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Now that everyone is pimping their 'Brody' collectibles, might as well put my Campos WC 94 card up on ebay! :D

7. el mofles

el mofles Member

May 16, 2001
    RC Mongolian BBQ
    Club:
    Birmingham City LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  8. Jorge Campos

Jorge Campos New Member

Dec 2, 2009
    los angeles
    Club:
    Club América
    what is going on in here?

9. el mofles

el mofles Member

May 16, 2001
    RC Mongolian BBQ
    Club:
    Birmingham City LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Pure insanity that's what. :)

About 3 years ago the original thread starter was going through a major Jorge Campos addiction and wanted to get his hands on those Campos kits he used to wear back in the early to mid '90s since I imagine after being played out for a while it would once again be cool to sport Brody gear. When he first started the thread the pics of the auctions you can no longer view were all Campos shirts, but they were from the the late 90s to last years of his career and he didn't want those, he wanted the surfer neon type Campos gear since as we most remember the later year jerseys were just plain designs and solid colors. I think this shirt that's being auctioned off is probably the closest true Campos style shirt he was looking for, but man it took 3 years for someone to try and sell it. Truthfully I think this is a knockoff Umbro since as we all know the FMF made it a big deal (and threatened to kick him off the national team if he didn't comply) that Campos had to wear the national team's sponsor's shirt and just covering up his Nike swoosh (his own shoe sponsor) on his jersey and put an Umbro patch on top wasn't acceptable anymore even though it had been for awhile so I don't think Nike would of allowed Umbro to make their own version of a Campos shirt when they probably owned the shirt designs.

I remember shortly after WC 1994 seeing a neon Campos kit at Pla Soccer when I used to live in OC, but it was 28 bucks or so and it was some knockoff company called Brody Surf or something like that, but other than that never seen any real Nike kits. I've seen one or two post WC 1994 Jorge Campos Jerseys on Mercadolibre.com but lots of sellers either don't feel comfortable selling internationally or many times you just can't do it perhaps at certain post offices? I don't know anybody ever buy something off Mercadolibre.com from Mexico?

10. el mofles

el mofles Member

May 16, 2001
    RC Mongolian BBQ
    Club:
    Birmingham City LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Damn it's going for over 30 bucks now including shipping and handling :).