Jonathan dos Santos at FC Barcelona Vol. III [R]

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by sidspaceman, Feb 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkiptoMyLou

SkiptoMyLou Member+

Mar 20, 2011

Busquets does bitch and moan, dive and play-act a lot, but that's a ridiculous statement. He's a brilliant DM.

2. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    lol busquets is an automatic starter on ANY team even with your favorite DM already playing there.

Look at his passing completion stats, hes behind xavi most of the time.....i cant think of a DM that links up so well with any team at the moment. One touch passing, always when there when you need a way out.

If he wasn't a notorious diver, people would be proclaiming him best DM in the world.

3. Shzm13

Shzm13 Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Puro Durango
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  4. wolfpupz

wolfpupz Member+

Jan 24, 2011
    SJCA
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Why does everyone (well not everyone but a lot of you guys) say that chepo doesn't want to call him to national team or that "he's not g ood enough" ???

5. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He's a very good DM, I wouldn't say he's brilliant. He fits a role and performs it well.

6. Lalo37

Lalo37 Member+

Jan 29, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Watched Jona's last 20 minutes on the field. He looked okay but from what you guys are saying he had a better first half???? I was only able to watch starting at around minute 53 and from what I saw he was neither good nor bad. Played a weird ball into the opponents path but it wasnt really his fault, the ball was bouncing weird and he tried to flick it back to Mascherano I think....Other than that, pretty average I would say. But, the fact you guys are saying he had a good first half is promising....

Oh and let's not forget he started for the best team on the planet......

7. EEELIINA

EEELIINA Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Sweden
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIfr-76aUX4"]Dos Santos: "Tello es un jugadorazo" - YouTube[/ame]

8. DoctorDirector

Sep 3, 2011
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don't think anyone thinks that Chepo won't be forced to call him up now. Not calling up Jona and Vela to the first team now is like snubbing La Liga as a place to send Mexican players. That would not be financially profitable and it would be glaringly obvious to the world that something is rotten in the FMF.

9. ChoriceroJES

ChoriceroJES Member

Mar 25, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    For those who didn't get a chance to see Jona play yesterday, I found a video compolation of all his passes yesterday. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/KxAwia9H_1g

10. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I didnt inderstand your 1st statement.

I think your assessment is grossly exaggerated. How is it snubbing La Liga? How/who is it going to affect financially? You forget about those who played regularly in Spain that have gotten called? Shit Guardado is playing in Spain's 2nd div and he continues to called up.

Not calling them up will not be a surprise nor should it cause outrage. Coaches make decisions, good and bad all the time. The same arguments that were made for keeping Vela and Jona out are still valid. Jona is still not playing regularly, and Vela....while he has played significant minutes and done well, he hasn't been tearing it up either.

Having said that I truly hope they do get called up because I think they would make the nt better.

11. lalo_azteca

lalo_azteca Member

Aug 30, 2011
    chitown, il
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    http://www.lavanguardia.com/deporte...n-dos-santos-regreso-4-ideo-johan-cruyff.html
    'Jona' demostró ante la Real Sociedad que su perfil se adapta a la perfección a la función de mediocentro de posición. No es un jugador de marcado carácter defensivo ni tampoco un interior creativo como Xavi, Iniesta o su amigo Thiago. Por él pasaron todos los balones en la transición ofensiva del Barça. Puyol y Mascherano le buscaron constantemente. Recibía siempre libre, levantaba la cabeza y desplazaba el balón encontrando siempre al compañero desmarcado con pases cortos o con su destacado desplazamiento en largo.

12. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

^From Sport

13. DoctorDirector

Sep 3, 2011
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Chepo is forced to call up Jona and Vela now because he wants to maintain some sort of credibility and Jona and Vela have proven themselves as contributors in one of the most competitive leagues in the world (arguable the most competitive or 2nd most, which pays well and attracts top talent from the world in their prime).

Now that Jona has started on the Barca first team and Vela is a regular contributor to goals and assists at Real Sociedad, to play domestic level club players ahead of them regularly would be dubious at best, partly because of the amount of money and talent involved in playing for top La Liga teams.

Sending players to La Liga is worth money. Snubbing players that regularly play in La Liga (especially Barca) would be foolish and bad for club business. It wouldn't send a good signal.

14. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Lol...then welcome to the Mexican NT sir. Since when has credibility ever remotely been a factor to el Tri coaches? Aguirre took bofo to a fukin world cup...talk about credibility out he window -_-.

15. Saldgotti1991

Saldgotti1991 Member+

Jun 7, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    second this.....I still think he will call vela, nery, and jonathan.

16. Jesús Narciso

Mexico
    Dec 22, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Aquí presumes que cualquier técnico en la liga le vale lo que hace el Chepo. No tienes argumento. La selección mexicana no tiene peso en ninguna liga que no sea la mexicana. Los únicos técnicos que son afectados son los que actualmente tienen jugadores mexicanos en sus planteles. Son nomás cinco equipos involucrados.

Es más, la tal "señal" que enviaría el Chepo en no convocar a Vela o Jona sería positiva. Si el Chepo no llama a jugadores, entonces el entrenador no tiene que preocuparse por lesiones o conflictos en horarios. La acción de no llamar a jugadores le beneficia a los equipos españoles. Nunca los quieren soltar. En esta realidad los españoles quedarían agradecidos con el Chepo.

17. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Slow down.

It would be a gift if Chepo merely calls on one of them. Yet , it still wouldn't shock me in the least if he didn't call on any of them.

18. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    he has to call players who are playing well just to grow his base. we have all seen that you always qualify with different players then players that end up going to the world cup. you have to consider player injuries, form, age, etc..., 2 1/2 years is a long time better have a large player pool with many options.

19. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Props to Jona for being patient and staying at Barcelona

20. StrawberrySweetz

Sandwhich
    May 25, 2010
    Maryland
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Agreed. No way in hell he ever calls up Nery unfortunately.

21. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Lol nery needs us more than we need him.

I really hope chepo calls jona up. I'm sick of these no names from Mexico representing our colors.

22. Wiso

Wiso Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Phoenix
    Club:
    Club León

everyone is a "no-name" the first time.

I agree, call him and see how he performs.

23. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    lol wtf... we have had a total of like 8-10 players in the last 10 years actually playing in Europe and now were too good for local league players?

Whats hilarious is that the ONE actual world recognition tournament we have won consisted of 99.9 percent no names from Mexico.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_FIFA_Confederations_Cup_squads#.C2.A0Mexico

24. and1soccer88

and1soccer88 Member

May 24, 2007
    AZ
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I never realized how young that squad was.

The future looks bright. It's nice to see this thread going from "Jona should be loaned out to so-and-so" to "Jona should be called up to the NT instead of fulano". I doubt anybody will question that Jona will be a fundamental part of the NT come 2014. Hopefully he can keep playing with the first team regularly.

25. DoctorDirector

Sep 3, 2011
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yeah, the Aguirre comparison is valid. Still would be nice for De La Torre to do better than calling Bofo to a World Cup, such as by giving the La Liga players some chances where there are spots still in regular competition like defensive mid and some offensive players.

Es cierto que los clubs quieren quedarse con las clubs, pero yo creo que tambien quieren el dinero que la fama de un jugador puede atraer. De todos modos en pensarlo mas, solo importanta para ganar los juegos importantes, en realidad tienen razon que por estos juegos siguientes no les importa tanto para europa. Pero si Mexio no juega con ellos podia hacer falta tener ese talento en la seleccion, y esos dos jugadores podian atraer fama y dinero. Y muchos los apoyamos y queremos que juegen pronto.