John Terry's Sending-Off Explained

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by PoshSpur, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. member75

member75 New Member

Nov 8, 2006
    Following is a post that the BBC refused to display (defamation), but as some others on these boards have voiced the same opinion that I have I guess it is safe here?

"Subject:
    Time for Poll to go

Posting:
    Going on the response of the Tottenham players and who those players
    were, my first impression was that Terry had made a racist comment to
    King.

Although I sincerely hope this is not the case I still think that this
    is the case and that it has been hushed up by all concerned. It would
    be a PR catastrophe for the FA if the England captain was involved in
    such nonsense."

The dormant investigative journalist in me has been woken.

Terry's body langauge towards King was imo quite condesending, add in the extreme reaction (to what was otherwise an innocuous incident) of the Tottenham players and I'm quite sure that something unpleasant was said.

Now if this is the case why are the papers, players and referee silent?
    I think because they have been "got to" by the FA. The FA are (quite rightly) very keen to be seen as having stamped our racism. The implications of their captain and poster-boy being involved in such a situation would, by association, reflect badly on everyone connected to the FA.

2. MartinJol

MartinJol New Member

Jun 16, 2006
    London, England
    i am certain that JT did not say anything racist. I sit in the paxton end behind the goal 12 rows up so was pretty damn close to the incident. after terry hauled king to the ground, ledley got up angrily and said something, to which terry replied, "f*ck off! f*ck off!" he then deliberately barged into Ekotto. i think the reason that it was only our black players who responded is simply because they were close to the incident and they are quite fiery characters (zokora and chimbonda often get involved in these kinds of handbags incidents). also as someone else mentioned they were probably just sticking up for their fellow french speaking friend.

the reason drogba was involved was that he and zok are both Ivorian and are close friends.

and believe me I do not normally stick up for JT - I hate the guy!

3. Danners9

Danners9 New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Drunken Clam, Quahog
    Here's what I know.

The FA have said to the sports editors of all newspapers that there is nothing in it and to drop any story they had planned to write because it would land them in serious trouble.

Graham Poll knows what Terry said, the FA know what Terry said and obviously all the players do too.

Poll sent Terry off for something very very wrong, hence no protestation. If he hadn't then the game would have turned into a riot.

Poll has saved the FA and Terry from something very serious. Suspension from the club, in line with FA rules, and stripping of the captaincy because you can't have the captain of the country saying or doing things like this. PR disaster as previously mentioned.

The part of the incident in question is as Terry gets up and before he jogs towards the camera, it's the bit that isn't visible on tape. Poll knows though.

The reason Terry is talking to the media about is to answer questions that would need to be answered. If he refused to talk then the questions would be "why? what's so bad?" etc.. so this is an easy way to get people to leave it alone pending investigation. The fact that he's said the wrong players name is stupid, it wasn't Ghaly at all and Poll didn't seem to say anything to Terry about it.

One final question:

Ledley King is the first Spurs captain to beat Chelsea in the league since 1990, why was he not interviewed after the match?

Answer is that he was furious and for such a (normally) placid guy it would take a lot to wind him up to that extent. Given that Terry and he have been friends, or at least known each other, since the age of 11... what would it take for him to get so angry with a so-called friend of his?

4. member75

member75 New Member

Nov 8, 2006
    I don't mind JT or Chelsea and I have no axe to grind with any of them, but... Chimbonda was not behaving in a pysically aggresive manner, he didn't look to be up for handbags, instead he looked like he was demanding an explanation. He looked quite schocked. Hardly the reaction you would expect simply for a shoulder barge.
    I also found the reaction of the tv pundits on MOTD to be highly suspect, like they had been gagged. Ian Wright was the first to respond to the incident and even though it would have been one of the more obvious reasons for Terry being sent off, no mention of any racism was mentioned.

5. Danners9

Danners9 New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Drunken Clam, Quahog
    Well, everyone - even the press people at Spurs - is denying it. So i guess that's the end of it.

6. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Brilliant, absolutely brilliant! Now if you can re-work it and get the Queen involved somehow you'll probably manage to get it turned into a film :D

Well done!

7. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Nooooo!!! I need to hear more tales of conspiracy!

I particularly liked member75's statement about the MOTD team appearing to be gagged, especially as Ian Wright was involved. :D

8. Danners9

Danners9 New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Drunken Clam, Quahog
    Oh look, a moderator on someone else's board involved in things she doesn't know anything about and talking to people she doesn't know.

How quaint.

9. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Reading JT's lips on MOTD he said to King, "F*** off! F*** off, prick!"

The reason it was mostly blacks who reacted is because both teams have mainly black players...:rolleyes:

10. ox utd

ox utd New Member

Aug 29, 2005
    charleston
    She's scared to go back to the Bolton forum after that lovely gentleman Diouf's recent behavior......

11. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I think this thread needs to be closed before it gets out of hand.