Johan Cruyff matches and goals scored

Discussion in 'Players & Legends' started by PuckVanHeel, Dec 10, 2011.

1. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord

2. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord

3. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord

4. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    I will signal it when I reach the last part.

Just as info: if you think 'what the hell does he talk about', I do not understand everything too.

5. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord

6. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord

7. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord

8. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    This was the last part of the interview.

9. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    This is a book with many more interviews:
    [​IMG]

It is translated to English by the same guy who wrote the other book, David Winner. It includes inter alia this interview.

So for the ones who are interested, you can look for a second hand copy.

An excerpt:

Interviewer: The province of Holland once fought against the Spaniards. Your are helping them with planting the seeds of the next battle, which Holland will lose.

Cruijff: "Yes, social action without disadvantages does not exist."

10. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    About the refereeing I found this:
    :p

11. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Here a few more pictures, that cover this subject:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [the man on the right is Arnold Mühren]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
  13. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Here the start of the 1983/1984 season:

05/08/1983 - Feyenoord - Standard Liege 1:3

Standard Liege was much stronger and had an 0:3 advantage before half-time. Feyenoord made a "chaotic impression." Goalkeeper Preud'homme, who "is not only a shot stopper but as goalkeeper a great organizer and deputy libero too", and Tahamata were the outstanding players for Standard Liege.

55000 people saw that left-back Michel Wintacq shot nicely the free-kick in goal after 2 minutes.

Tahamata scored 0:2 after 37 minutes with a solo run and Plessers scored too in the 41th minute, thanks to a one-two with Horst Hrubesch.

Houtman did something back with a PK in the 73th minute. The same Wintacq tripped Cruijff in the penalty area. So, his name was eventually related to a goal for his club but "the skeptics have a lot of ammunition to use."

Worse, hyped super-talent Gullit fell out with a hamstring injury and could not play in the next games too.

14. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    About this he has also stated in 1987:

"Best player of all-time? No, then you start analyze the aspects again. I was not a good header of the ball. My preference goes to a man like Di Stefano. He attracted me more than someone like Pelé, although he was a good one too. No, Alfredo Di Stefano was everywhere on the field, I have a soft spot for that type of players."
    That interview is actually posted online by someone:
    http://imageshack.us/f/19/scannen0017f.jpg/

He also stated in 1994, in the same interview I mentioned earlier where he describes in details his period at Barcelona:
    "The best player of the world does not exist. In terms of an end-state, someone who reaches the final stage or beyond. However, if you think about the word 'footballer', you have something in mind. It is not the definition of a player, you do not post a picture of Pelé in the dictionary and say 'THE footballer', it is the representation of the word. The form, shape of ideas.

They will accuse me of homerism or shortsightedness but if I think about a guitarist I see Keith Richards, a painter Johannes Vermeer and if someone wakes me up and says 'footballer' I tend to see Bergkamp. Looks like a football player to me."

15. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    07/08/1983 - Feyenoord - Liverpool 3:3 [friendly]

The team played much better as against Standard Liege, even without the injured Gullit and Van de Korput.
    Coach Libregts said: "The flow was much better but Liverpool is a more open team as Standard Liege."

But the mistakes were also noticed: "We conceded the goals too easily. That needs to improve for our own league".

Cruijff added: "A game against one of the more accomplished sides of Europe is very insightful", "Dalglish is a special player".

Reporter: "Feyenoord is an other team however. In the past year they passed the ball around at the back and waited for an opening. The arrival of Cruijff means that the tempo and supply to the attack happens quicker. The players need to accommodate to this different style."

Cruijff scored in the eight minute with a solo-goal. Lawrensen scored back in the 17th when Nielsen and goalkeeper Hiele made two consecutive mistakes.

Feyenoord made 2:1 in the 43th minute. Vermeulen scored, assist Cruijff.

And then the 2:2 of Hodgson after a bad pass of Troost. 52th minute.

Houtman scored from the penalty spot a minute later; Phil Neal had downed Bennie Wijnstekers in an illegal manner.

Dalglish, one of the eye-catchers that day, made 3:3 in the 70th minute (no assister).

Cruijff said: "It is just a friendly but also a message to our direct competitors. We were not humiliated like in the Liege game, at least."

Summary: 1 goal, 1 assist.

16. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Something similar about Van Nistelrooy in 2007 ( http://nos.nl/video/373010-2007-van-nistelrooij-zwakke-voetballer.html ):

17. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    12/08/1983 - Manchester United - Feyenoord 1:2 [friendly]

Feyenoord entered the 'Amsterdam Tournament'. Many were hoping for a Feyenoord-Ajax match-up but AS Roma, with Falcao, Cerezo and Graziani as top performers (Conti was the only absent star due to injury), defeated Ajax with 3:1.

Feyenoord had Manchester United as opponent. Their absent star was Arnold Mühren, injured.

Feyenoord made 0:1 in the 5th minute, thanks to a nice long distance shot of right-back Wijnstekers.

Manchester scored back in the 44th minute. Stapleton scored, cross and assist by Graham.

Jeliazkov scored in the 75th minute, thanks to a through-pass and assist of Cruijff. The English protested for offside but the goal counted.

Feyenoord played relatively well. Reporter: "Feyenoord cannot use the injured Gullit at the moment but some good improvements certainly take place."

Summary: 1 assist.

18. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    The Manchester assist is this play:

[1:09]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    14/08/1983 - AS Roma - Feyenoord 1:1 [friendly] (Feyenoord wins after penalty-kicks)

Both teams played defensive, "Italian". Feyenoord played with 5 defenders, 2 midfielders and 3 attackers. "It leaded to interesting play in midfield but also boring stalemates."

Ancelotti had a nice solo run, Cruijff two shots wide and Houtman was "unlucky with his header."

After half-time both teams played a bit more adventurous with more attackers and midfielders. Sweeper Van de Korput joined the attack more often.

But it was Di Bartolomei who scored with a free-kick in the 61th minute.

Feyenoord scored back in the 74th minute. Goal Hoekstra, assist Vermeulen (corner-kick).

Reporter: "Although the improvement is noticeable, the whole team did not play consistent."

Extra time did not help and then came the penalty kicks. AS Roma missed three penalty kicks; Feyenoord won the 'Amsterdam Tournament'. Cruijff had prophetic words when he said: "Both teams know now this weakness. It can cost titles."

Cruijff himself also missed a penalty-kick in the shoot-out. He shot hard and high over. When he was asked later why people have (wrongly) the idea that he was a bad penalty kick taker he answered: "Because I rarely took one, never a one in my first Ajax period, and because I missed the last attempt of my career."

20. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    As a test, I uploaded two heavily edited videos with a few good moments of him. Original source is taken from the link below, which is not taken offline either, so I hope it'll not cause problems.

http://twb22.blogspot.nl/2012/01/feyenoord-rotterdam-1983-1984-johan.html

What I like to do is to accompany the reports with a short video. I'll also look at all goals, assists and pre-assists that are on tape.

21. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Having re-read all things it reminded me of something I mentioned earlier but not mention in the reply to you: his distrust against the medical staff of Ajax at that time had also an important role. He felt that he was the boss over his own body but that they wanted to treat him as a slave who should not know about the treatments he would receive. Most players did not want to know that, a Suurbier said that he wanted to 'focus on football' and not waste energy on facilitating issues, but Cruijff wanted to know all details and had no trust any more in the doctor Rolink. It had a very important role in his departure and feud with the board.

22. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    I'll also translate the most interesting parts of the interview when he reached the age of 50 in 1997, has also a few important quotes. So this one posted above:

I possess the native version of the book, so not the English version.

23. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord

24. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord

25. PuckVanHeel