Joffre Guerron

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Players Abroad' started by Manolo, Sep 23, 2008.

1. lav92

lav92 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Where would you put him on the field? And the goal looked like something out of a U-10 recreational league to be honest. :p

2. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I'll take it. It's worth the same amount of goals as his flying scissor-kick a few weeks ago.

3. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  4. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    the most beautiful goal ever is worth the same as the ugliest one. don't you wish Ecuador could have qualified to 2010 even scoring the most horrific/unattractive goals you've ever seen? exactly.

5. lav92

lav92 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Idk how this has anything to do with Ecuador qualifying but whatever! lol
    I still want to know where you guys would put him? Cuz having Valencia as a right back is not gonna happen.

6. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Only because Rueda obviously doesn't watch Man United games, or any of our player's games for that matter. I think he does like a kid's league coach, and asks the players "hey, what position do you play?".

7. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I don't think we should pull Valencia back and have him be a right back. That's still Neicer's spot. I'm gonna sh*t bricks if he's not called up. Juan Carlos Paredes and ESPECIALLY Nazareno (who lately doesn't play in Barcelona and when he does he plays as a winger now since Aguinaga came) have no room in the NT. The right back and left back positions are cleared now, which is the one position where i couldn't draw any players from. Miguel Ibarra has been playing well since his return and same with Jose Madrid from El Nacional. Add that to Reasco and Ayovi and we'll be alright for now. Hopefully Norberto Araujo gets a call up and then i'll be able to feel a bit more relieved about our defense.

8. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Norberto Araujo? He's like 40..

9. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Ayovi and Reasco are solid technically, but as they age, they will struggle against young wingers. We need to find the replacements sooner than later, especially for Reasco who is on his last legs. We don't want to have the same issue we had last time with our aging central defenders, except on the wings.

10. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeah but would you prefer a Reasco and Ayovi who still play good futbol compared to a JC Paredes that doesn't know a thing about defending as well as Nazareno. Obviously Reasco and Ayovi won't be there by the time the Qualifiers end. If Rueda at least had Madrid and Miguel Ibarra as the two back ups then I'd feel a bit safe but with Paredes and Nazareno as Starters, I feel like we are shooting ourselves in the foot. Imagine them playing a Qualifier game. Itd be the biggest embarrassment. they can't even handle friendlies against the half ass teams we've played. Only Miguel Ibarra has convinced with the NT in the few games he's played.

11. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    that 40 year old plays better than Guagua, Campos, and Isaac Mina. In other words Ecuadors best defenders. The only ones that can prove that point wrong is Eduardo Morante or John Narvaez.

12. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Morante hasn't played in two months, what's up with him? And Narvaez has been playing more regularly as of late so we'll see. I haven't been a fan of calling up Araujo because I was sure that some quality CB might show up, but that hasn't been the case. It wouln't hurt calling him up for these upcoming friendlies and see how he does.

13. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Morante's been injured twice this season. Both for long periods. He'll be back though and claim his spot back.

14. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Gueeron to CSKA Moscow. Does that mean Champions League for him next year?

15. Senior Tigr

Senior Tigr Member

Jun 6, 2008
    Warsaw, Poland
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I doubt. CSKA have a policy of not buying players older than 25 and he is 26 already.

16. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    he said it's basically a done deal and confirmed he's going there. It's a 3 year contract.

17. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    yeah they play CL

18. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    He'll freeze his ass off and be back in brazil next year.

19. Senior Tigr

Senior Tigr Member

Jun 6, 2008
    Warsaw, Poland
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I still take a well known (for me) club policy over the words of unknown (for me) player. BTW CSKA officials denied the info.

Maybe he signed with CSKA Sofia?

20. Quilotoa

Quilotoa Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Brasilia, Brazil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Anyone know whats going on with him? I just ran into the Atlético Paranaense at the Sao Paulo airport and didn't see him with the team. Is he injured?

21. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    he was injured. I think he just had some minutes last game after a while. I dont know why hes not with the team now though b/c he just recently recovered unless you either missed him or he got injured again.

22. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    supposedly he's starting today against Palmeiras.

23. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    scored earlier this week against palmeiras. and now had a goal and an assist against Flamengo. What a waste of a player we have in one of the top leagues of the world. And I say waste b/c we don't can't even count on his services.

Fabian Gallardo called Rueda out on Ecuavisa in the middle of the Emelec-D.Quito game about how Rueda should have Guerron, Arroyo, Rojas, Montero, and Caicedo in mind if he were "un buen seleccionador".

24. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Rueda es un idiota ! :mad:

25. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    If we had an All * Star ballot like we do for baseball here in the US.
    those 5 players would definitely be selected by the people in all the stadiums in Ecuador...
    wouldn't that be awesome if we had an all star ballot so every ecuadorian can vote... a ballot with 3 categories for players in "torneo local", "fuera del pais" and "juveniles' with respective positions they play

and also have a tournament like the homerun derby..were we have a penalty shoot out ...and top goal scorer and top goal keeper can each win a trophy for being the best...