Joffre Guerron

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Players Abroad' started by Manolo, Sep 23, 2008.

1. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    speakin of the devil. I love how Guerron speaks his mind out and isn't scared to say what he feels

http://teradeportes.com/newsv2.php?id_noticia=38415

I hope Rueda and Chiribolas are listening to this. The best line of that interview was when they said "A mi me sorprende que Pablo Palacios este en la convocatoria, y usted no" LOL

And to answer Joffre's question as to why he's not on the NT it's b/c the NT is now Deportivo Quito

2. lav92

lav92 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Good for him! I like his attitude but more than anything he seems confident in what he is doing which helps bring out the best in any player. He wants to play in the NT, so hopefully he sees the last call-up as an inspiration to work harder.

3. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GUerronis badly needed in the NT. He is on fire right now in a very competitive country like Brasil. It's almost a sin to not have called him up.

4. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Yeahhhh. Guerron is right to speak up. On Saturday, the team needed somebody with "huevos". Looked like a bunch of zombies out there, scared and making mistakes. Guerron is a guy who will go right at defenders and torment them. I remember how scared the Mexican commentators were every time he got the ball against America.

Rueda just seems like a quiet, reserved, analytical guy. Similar to LFS. Coaching Ecuador has always been not only about tactics, but also about motivation. On Saturday, guys like Paredes and Nazareno were making silly mistakes due to being nervous. There were lots of bad passes. Dominguez was not ready. This stuff is all about motivation. Rueda should have asked Bolillo, because Bolillo was terrible at picking players, but he knew how to psych up the team and get them to concentrate.

5. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rueda is going to be our downfall. Under him we have a second Deportivo Quito as our NT. He fell in love with that team and is using them as out base. I don't like this guy already. He is terrible at convocar (picking players), he doesn't motivate, and he is way too defensive! We have an excellent team to attack with. Out mediocampo and delantera are hungry for attacking, and he misuses the team's skills and prowess on playing a very conservative defensive game. He had Ayovi as the only lonley soul up front attacking. Come on !!!! Give me a break , you expect me to accept that! With the best NT we have had in all our history, this Rueda guy comes and plays like that !!!!!!

And then he has the balls to glorify every team we play after they beat us, just to seem like a just and analytical guy and like a good loser!!!! Come on , jsut say we sucked and you made bad calls !!! Now he is saying that Peru "tiene mas oficio" que nosotros... Come on, this guy is just covering his back for when/if we lose against the suckiest NT in the CONMEBOL! Valencia alone is better than player in the Peru squad and part from that we play better as a team ! This guy me esta hartando !

p.s. God help us... please don't let us make another papelon in the Copa America.!!!!!

6. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Gueeron should have been called up. Hes been playing really well with Athletico.
    This is what we get for Chririboga being greedy and not hiring Bauza when he had the chance. Rueda does not know crap about our futbol, our players, and the style of play that he endorses is boring. Playing conservatively is his modus operandi, I actually all of or parts of Honduras ganes in the WC. Holy crap they were the most boring team. I hoped that when he came in he would adjust the styleof play to suit our players. Obviously thats not the case.

7. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Guerron is a loud mouth P.O.S. nice way to treat your own countrymen there Guerron! What harmony!!! I'm sure he'll fit in as one of the family in the NT. Who the ******** are you to criticize Palacios or any other footballers from your "OWN" country? Yeah, he speaks his mind. he spoke his ass right out of Europe. What a moron. and Nice Youtube video against Roma, A Club a never ever heard of and funny how in those six minutes even with a man down. You still don't see him attempting to play defense. Sorry but the Ecuadorian NT doesn't have an Enrique Vera to cover your ass for 90 minutes while you make your runs and than go pout and sit in the stands with Spencer and eat a caldo de salchicha while your teammates are breaking their ass trying to cover the enormous hole your dumbass left behind because you are too lazy to get back.. Instead of Ecuador losing 0-2, it'll be 0-4..

8. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    the commentor spoke negatively towards Palacios, not Guerron. Guerron is just claiming a spot that he rightfully deserves over players like Palacios. I don't see anything wrong with that. I do think that allowing Rueda to choose the squad al estilo Chiriboga (making the whole team based off D. Quito) is some straight up sh*t and that someone had to speak his mind out to let those idiots know that "hay algo encerrado en la selecion" like Guerron stated.

I'm guessing your still a Palacios fan and remain a Guerron hater. Unless you can name someone else who rightfully deserved to be there instead of Pablo Palacios.

9. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Isn't it obvious that the person criticizing Palacios was the interviewer, and not Guerron? "y usted no"...or was Guerron surprised that the interviewer was not selected instead of Palacios? ;)

It's not Guerron's fault the way Brazil organizes its championships. But it's not much different than the FA Cup, where teams from the lower divisions take on the EPL teams. And they usually give them a hard time, and sometimes they win. How does that take away from the quality of the goal? It was fantastic.

As far as his attempting to play defense, he's a damn forward. I'd rather have a good forward or winger, who doesn't play defense, than one that's OK at both things. This is where Bauza was able to get the best from his players, in 2008 he had Vera and Urrutia covering for the attacking players. Bauza KNEW his players, unlike Rueda. And he used that formula, with Guerron playing the best football I have ever seen from an Ecuadorian player except maybe Aguinaga, to win the Libertadores. I'll take that lazy, loudmouth Guerron anyday, if we can get a coach that can exploit his talents.

10. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I honestly don't know how much more Guerron must do to be called up in the next official squad list for the NT in May. He scored this past weekend and yesterday for Paranaense in the Copa do Brasil. And he scored like a week ago. He's playing in a position that he's never played this season and is doing exceptionally well. last season he played as a right winger and did exceptionally well....what more do you want Rueda?? a Deportivo Quito emblem on the Paranaense jersey so you can call him up???

goal from yesterday

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgBAYERhaNQ"]YouTube - Bahia 1 x 1 Atlético Paranaense ( melhores momentos ) - oitavas de final da Copa do Brasil[/ame]

11. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I hope Rueda does call him so He can Get FRIGGIN SMOKED. this is modern Football and everyone plays defense. Anyone ever see Rooney defend? how about messi? or drogba? How about all the best forwards today? Where did Hernan barcos take off for that great goal against godoy cruz? Midfield and what was he doing there? defending. people who say forwards shouldn't defend are ridiculous. I hope Ecuador plays a great European team and Rueda call Guerron up and we'll see what happens when he's back there running, complaining and opening his big friggin trap while the defenders are already heading up field with the ball setting up the next play. Than maybe people would cry.... Another video against who exactly? Bahia? lol..

12. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Really great to have him back in this form. I don't think Rueda is dumb enough to not have him on the Copa America roster. I've always said Guerron is a player that, on his day, can lift the team to victory by himself.

13. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    the Guerron hater returns

I don't think the intensity of this game reflects the popularity or prestige that Bahia has. Who says Guerron hasn't matured in that aspect? I think we gotta see with our own eyes before making assumptions. All I know is that he is playing in a competitive league that is better than ours and is standing out which gives him more than enough merits to receive a call up by Rueda's dumbass for the next friendly games. The only way I can see Guerron not doing well in the NT is if we play like crap as a team like we did in the last 2 friendlies against Colombia and Peru with no motivation and a stupid coach.

14. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    A hater? here, I say it again just like I did when Guerron left to Getafe....If Guerron learns how to play defense and play with the "TEAM" than he can easily play in the Prem League or any other league in the World. What has he learn since his big ass mouth was "THROWN" out of Spain? Nothing. I hope to God Rueda calls his ass up so I can Laugh my ass off.

15. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Guerron is a 10 minute footballers for the NT. If you are losing or there is a tie. Than you would put Guerron in to see what happens. Guerron is what Pancho maturana used to call Albeiro Usuriaga back in the day.."UN TIRO AL AIRE"

16. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I'm pretty sure Geurron also left because the Spaniards weren't too fond of him. Spain is a very racist old mentality European country and his fellow team mates didn't get along with him too much.

17. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    let's asked Felipe Caicedo, Who is more racist? Spaniards or is own people.

Signed:

A Restaurant owner..

18. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Guerron left to Getafe in 2008. That was a while ago. In 2008, he did not have Qualifier experience, was new to La Liga, and was 23 years old. We're 3 years ahead of that Guerron, who failed in Cruzerro but has picked himself up and has been doing well in Atletico Paranaense since 6 months plus ago.

It's like saying Felipe Caicedo still sucks like he did in 2008, but numbers will contradict that statement b/c he's doing well in Levante. It's even like saying Benitez is worthless for the NT like he was back in the last Qualifier, but he scored 5 goals in like 3 or 4 games he played with the NT in the second semester of the 2010 no matter who the opponent was....b/c remember, Benitez used to scored against NO ONE. But that's changed.

I don't think the 3 players we criticized the most (benitez, caicedo, and guerron) have all improved out of no where. It's not a coincidence. It's the experiences they've gone through that's molding them into better players. I say Rueda gives him not just one chance, but a few opportunities so we can see what he's got. So far we still have to see what him and Caicedo can do in the NT.

19. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    When you think about it, Guerron has succeeded wherever he was given an opportunity. He succeeded at Liga, and he is succeeding at Paranaense. He failed at Getafe and at Cruzeiro, but he hardly saw any minutes on the field, which means that the coach didn't need him tactically or whatever. Coaches that have shown faith in him have been rewarded. Bauza was rewarded with the biggest trophy in the Americas.

20. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So in Guerron case, you are saying that "AFTER" winning the Copa libertadores. O.k not only winning it but winning it in the MARACANA.. He still needs Experience? He still opening his god damn ********ing big shit Mouth. He had more experience than Valencia, Benitez and Felipe COMBINED.

21. Jefe Esco

Jefe Esco Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    i don't understand why argentine futbol gets all this hate, i don't see anything wrong with what he's saying

have you guys not seen how rooney plays defense? the man goes to the last line with the goalie to defend..same with other elite players

guerron may not be elite(yet) but, he has to at least attempt to play some defense

considering our defense in general(shitty), we need some help from wherever we get it, and he isn't elite enough on offense for him to not play defense at all

22. lav92

lav92 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Maybe it's the way AF says it.

23. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Ya seriously AF gives off a negative vibe when he talks to us on the forum even when he's trying to say something that isn't rude. AF doesn't know how to talk to people.

24. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    you gotta be a perfect player for AF to approve of you. perfectttt. You gotta be an expert player by the time you win a Libertadores and be a beast in your NT like Carlos Tevez...or not.

25. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY