Joffre Guerron

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Players Abroad' started by Manolo, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Re: Joffre Guerron news and comments

Whaaaaaat???? What team?

2. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Real Madrid

3. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

El Real Madrid de Sinaloa?

4. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    "Dinamita no se mueve de Curitiba
    Atlético Paranaense declara intransferible a Jofre Guerrón

La dirigencia del Atlético Paranaense de Brasil ya ha emitido un pronunciamiento oficial con respecto al interés que Joffre Guerrón despertó en varios clubes internacionales.
    Luego de un par de años prácticamente en el ostracismo, Joffre “Dinamita” Guerrón tomó forma como parte del Atlético Paranaense, y cerró la temporada 2010 con una excelente producción en lo personal.

De inmediato el fútbol de México, y concretamente el campeón Monterrey, puso sus miradas en el ecuatoriano y se ilusionó en conformar un planteamiento con él y Walter Ayoví por la otra banda.

Sin embargo El Furaçao no está de acuerdo con dichas pretensiones, y el pasado día lunes en horas de la tarde, declaró intransferible al extremo derecho de nacionalidad ecuatoriana en este mercado.

Y es que Sergio Soares, entrenador del Atlético Paranaense, cuenta con el jugador ecuatoriano en sus planes para la siguiente temporada, y ha decidido que lo retendrá al menos por un semestre más.

El excelente nivel que Dinamita Guerrón mostró en los últimos seis meses de la temporada que acaba de finalizar, también hace que su dirigencia proyecte una importante transferencia internacional al fútbol de Europa."

Hopefully they dont go back on what they said. I am in favor of him staying in Brazil with Paranaense and display the level he has.

5. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Dinamita Guerron #7 started for Atletico Paranense (red n black jersey) and had a great game with 2 assists on goals...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqWl_U4MIB8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqWl_U4MIB8[/ame]

6. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Guerron looks like he's in his best form since 2008

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqYgVyFi9j4"]YouTube - Melhores momentos - Corinthians-PR 1 x 2 Atlético - 19/01/2011[/ame]

7. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I really liked his game against Poland a few months back. I think he is one of the midfielders that most definitely deserves a few more opportunities in our next few friendlies to see how influential he really is in the NT. We can't just ignore him based on his past performances from the last Qualifier. He's come a long way and he's pushing through in a really competitive league. The least we can do is give him more playing time with the NT. Especially now that Valencia is still not back.

8. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    He's certainly got his swagger back...see how he shhhh'd the crowd after the assist LOL ! He better be careful to not get too cocky...but it looks like he's enjoying himself over there.

This is really impressive if you think about it. The Brazilian league is the undisputed best league in the Americas, and just below the top leagues in Europe. Brazil still produces the majority of the world's best players, and Atletico Paranaense is in 5th place. I don't know how much money he's making, but in pure football terms he's doing a lot better than being on a team fighting relegation in Spain or England, and certainly better than the Mexican league, which is improving but doesn't offer a much higher standard of play than Ecuador.

It's easy to forget about this guy, because it's hard to catch Brazilian league games outside of Brazil, but I believe if he hits top form consistently he can be the be up there with Valencia as our country's best player.

9. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    right now besides Valencia (whos injured), Guerron is by far the best right winger that our country has. He deserves props for doing it in a really competitive league. If we got Valencia and Guerron being able to beat people down the right side of the field and putting in those deadly crosses plus people on the left like Montero and Arroyo we are talking about two really dangerous wings. I hope Benitez, Caicedo, or whoever plays up front takes full advantage of that. It's not common to come across so many wingers like that.

10. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    You can add Fernando Guerrero and even Juan Carlos Paredes to the list.

11. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    another assist by Guerron today
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxieB4c5RH4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxieB4c5RH4[/ame]

12. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    remember he is playing against 3rd tier teams, so lets not get our panties in a twist just yet.

13. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    3rd tier :confused: LOL I don't think so.... An ecuadorean soccer player needs to be really good to make it in the Brasil league. why does his success bother you laDic :D

14. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think he's gonna have another good season in Paranaense.

15. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Guerron has been watching Valencia clips on youtube.

16. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    because right now he is not playing the Brasileirao (Brazilian League), he is playing the Campeonato Paranaense against 2nd and 3rd division teams mostly.

That team Iraty, is from the 4th division.

17. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    well the past few months Guerron won a starting spot in Paranaense and has been having really solid matches not only in these past few friendlies but it was already seen in the league last season. he's proved that when he wants to he can do really well in a competitve league. I think guys like him, Benitez and Caicedo took time to mature and as much as we bashed them before they are the guys that are having the best performances in their club teams now.

18. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    well I really hope he gets his sh*t together, we were saying the same thing about campos and then he got kicked off the team cause apparently he was sucking.
    I'll reserve my guerron comments until he can produce against sao paulo, cruzeiro, santos, etc

19. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    campos got a bit unlucky IMO. Luxemburgo left, he got injured, and then had trouble getting back in form. When he first went to Atletico Mineiro i remember him doing really well. He's back playing in D.Quito because he wants to have a spot on the NT assured. Especially after Rueda and Chiriboga said something about "anyone whos not getting playing time in their club teams won't be considered". I don't think Campos wanted to take a risk.

20. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KZj0PvBhSc"]YouTube - ARAPONGAS 0 X 2 ATLÉTICO-PR - CAMPEONATO PARANAENSE 2011 - 05/03/2011[/ame]

doing it up Guerron

21. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  22. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    WOW, he really put that one in the corner ! As for the crowd, "how exciting"

23. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Apparently he scored an awesome goal last night, a bicycle kick or something...anybody got a video?

24. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    it's crazy how he's playing a position that he doesn't naturally play, but yet he's scoring even more than before. Last season he was a right winger in Paranaense and had a great season, and now with this new coach he's playing up front and still continues to play well. That's a MAJOR change in Guerron. His adaptability is awesome. We need players like this in the NT, Rueda needs to give him more opportunities b/c he deserves them as much or even more than some players who he's been calling up just for the heck of it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huiRZJIrBSg"]YouTube - Roma 2 x 3 Atlético/PR - Gols & Melhores Momentos - Paranaense 2011 - 23/03/2011[/ame]

25. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador