Joel Lindpere to the Fire

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Stogey23, Jan 4, 2013.

1. nowherenova

nowherenova Member+

Jul 20, 2003
    Formerly Terminus
    Great pickup. Hard- working and versatile player. Now get rid of El Flaccid!!!

Chris M., ratdog and loonixxx repped this.
  2. I like the trade. Please now, sit Pause. He's a great guy, but he's slow and getting slower and adds zero to our attack. I see Pardo and Lindpere in the mid spots with Pause providing cover.

3. chiladd

chiladd Member+

Mar 21, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Disagree, if they sit pause or move him to rightback they
    need to bring in a pause upgrade.pardo is different type
    Of player.I see Joel replacing pardo in the start with pavel as
    Cover or late game defensive bunker.while pavel is historically
    A much better player over lindpere, at this point of careers he
    Is an upgrade at centermid.and no way do I see pavel doing
    Logans job.

4. chiladd

chiladd Member+

Mar 21, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    And bigsoccer seriously sucks on phones.

5. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Good player.

Not sure if he will be utilized correctly by our coach though...
    ...but one can hope.

nowherenova repped this.
  6. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    chiladd repped this.
  7. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's amazing that just about everybody here thinks if Pause sits that the team we go to shit. He's an average player at best, the only reason he's even the captain of team is because he's the longest standing FIRE player. You say we would need to bring in Pause upgrade to replace him, I could name a dozen players in the league that would qualify and two of them play for us already. With the players we have brought in the last couple of years, it's time to try something new and that's Pause going to the bench.....

8. FireJuveChelsea

Dec 7, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire

Agreed. I like the guy but all he does our back passes and adds zero going forward for this team. I don't know what other options are out there since Pardo is getting old as well but we need someone new in that spot.

9. iron81

iron81 Member+

Jan 6, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Just saw here that Lindpere's contract runs through the end of the coming season and that Lindpere prefers to playing CM over the winger role he most often played in NJ: http://www.empireofsoccer.com/hilltops-and-valleys-joel-lindperes-tumultuous-time-in-new-york/

It certainly looked like that when Pause sat last year. I don't fully understand why that is, but it seems the work he does intercepting passes and man marking is important.

ratdog, Chris M., chiladd and 1 other person repped this.
  10. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The games that we came back from to tie or win, are those the game you're talking about. Because if it wasn't for those games we wouldn't of made the playoffs and it's not like we have been tearing up the league the last two or three years.

11. iron81

iron81 Member+

Jan 6, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    No, I'm talking about the games we failed to come back in toward the end of last season. Our constant coming from behind was earlier last season or in 2011 and typically occurred with Pause on the field. Many of those comebacks were in minutes 30-60 before we typically start subbing people.

12. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  13. Pablo Chicago

Pablo Chicago Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    Sweet Home Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lindpere highlights

14. Pablo Chicago

Pablo Chicago Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    Sweet Home Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That cracker appears at the 6:24 mark in the highlight clip I just posted.

15. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
  16. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

That is all.

17. sWo97

sWo97 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just took NYs best non DP player for a roster spot presumably not needed anymore for 1 year.

Win

18. lurak

lurak Member+

Aug 24, 2007
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I approve of this trade. I think Lindpere is the CM we are looking for, a true two way player. Someone who likes to get into the attack, but is also willing and pretty good defensively. I believe he should start, but I'm sure Frank will ease him in. Frank appears to like consistency.

19. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    No, not everyone here thinks that. It's just that most of us don't obsess with Logan Pause and we understand that he is not the reason that we win or lose most games. We see him as a very solid player who we would be glad to see upgraded if someone was available, but we understand that this team has many, many holes to fill before we go messing with a guy that is not responsible for our problems. Carry on.

20. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    I love this trade with a caveat. For the past couple of years, I have actually pointed to Limpere as an example of a truly good player and have wondered why we couldn't find our own Limpere when a messed up organization like Energy Drink could.

The caveat is simply this. He is now 31. I think he will be a good player for us, but be aware that we saw him in his absolute prime years with NY. Nevertheless, I am excited to see Limpere and Rolfe in the center of midfield together.

21. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    If I remember correctly (from several years ago), Limpere is the guy I heard was "secretly" getting a second salary in Europe which is how they were able to keep him under the cap. I can in no way corroborate this but it's a vague memory from a few years ago.

22. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he is a better CM than what we have, so that is an improvement. Whether he is fast enough or can assist and score enough remains to be seen.Giving up an INT. slot means we didn't think anyone overseas would be better.

Chris M. repped this.
  23. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    Not necessarily. We weren't using all our int. spots last year if i remember, and several of those players aren't coming back. Even after trading one away, I think we still have two open spots.

24. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have two players on our roster that would be an upgrade......

25. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully we have our CAM, now we need that big time CONSISTENT goal scorer we've needed for years.