Jockeying For Position: Kit Thread Mark XIV

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Darth Norteño, Aug 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KirbyNYC

KirbyNYC Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC
    Ordered this yesterday. Can't wait!

[​IMG]

2. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    If Im ever in Maui (for work) in the upcoming weeks, Ill be sure to look out for you. Id say this shirt would be a fairly obvious marker. lol Kahului?

So same material as a players jersey I take it.

3. goonermaui

goonermaui Arsenal No Ka 'Oi

May 12, 2006
    Lahaina Maui
    Lahaina.:)

If you don't see my car on the highway...(you'll know it if you see it), just drop by Lahaina Coolers, and try to make your schedule over here, on a Tuesday or Wednesday that just happen to be C.C. or C.L. fixture dates.;)

The crest & logo's are the same material..but I don't think the shirt itself, is the same material as the jersey, but it is very lightweight cotton.

4. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well that definitely narrows things down...Used to be that I couldn't handle the tourist trap that is Maui but having gone there for work over the years the island has DEF grown on me over the years. I love that place now. Ill be sure to look you up when I can get over there.

I was going to get a Large but it might be prudent to go XL. Mahalos bra for taking the bean for the team.

5. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    [​IMG]

6. goonermaui

goonermaui Arsenal No Ka 'Oi

May 12, 2006
    Lahaina Maui
    Holy Crap....I do believe I just peed myself a little from the lol!!:D

Nah....I couldn't do that to The Carsenal....but I might get this bumper sticker for her.

[​IMG];)

7. PogiGooner

PogiGooner Member

Oct 11, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I've just ordered this cardigan from the club shop:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    It's my first Arsenal clothing purchase without the swoosh logo.

8. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Ordered the new home with Mertesacker on the back and this for £15.

[​IMG]

9. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    How, exactly? :)

10. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The jacket is on sale for £15 and they had XXL.

11. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Gotcha. Sounded like you got the home kit AND that for 15. Too good to be true. :)

12. Darth Norteño

Darth Norteño With Buddha In My Fists

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    I picked this up shortly before it went out of stock:

[​IMG]

My one complaint is that the badge is a bit off. Other than that, I really like it.

13. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    My order came in and I must say the jacket is better than what I thought it would be.

14. Darth Norteño

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Huzzah for end-of-season sales! :D I just wish they would offer temporary free international shipping like they did a few years ago. Either that, or I wish I could establish a PO box in England.

15. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I agree. I might keep a look out on the site more often.

16. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    whered you get it? Im gonna ask if they plan on re-stocking. the soccerball watermark or whatever you call it makes this instant classico.

17. Darth Norteño

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    I got it from Arsenal Direct; it was in their sale range, which usually means they're clearing out for the new stock and won't restock what's there. It's already showing as out of stock on the site; you might have better luck actually checking the Armoury or Finsbury Park if you're in London. They usually have some leftover stock waiting to be sold.

18. RaleighGooner

RaleighGooner Member

Dec 29, 2010
    Raleigh
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any one got any suggestions how to remove the name from the back of a shirt? I want that cnut Na$ri off my away kit.

19. Darth Norteño

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Here are some potential answers, though I don't recommend them at all. You might just be stuck. That's why I only have Rocastle as a player name on one of my shirts, and why I would only go with legendary retired players like Bergkamp outside of just getting my own nickname. Honor the dead, for the living will only break your heart.

20. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I actually have last years shirt (Sagna) and my mini-dachs is a total lap dog. If Im sleeping or laying on the couch watching games, he just loves climbing on to my chest.

Well he's got some sharp claws and months of that led to him taking the "Fly Emirates" off the chest. So now I own a shirt with absolutely no printing on the front and I have to say it looks rather ridiculous now because you can still see imprinted glue. Im wondering if its even worth it to reprint. Just ordered a couple of this seasons training shirts instead. That track shirt you got is sweet though. Wish Id known about it before.

21. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Put 'DICK' below the 8...

22. KirbyNYC

KirbyNYC Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC
    Rockin it today. Very snug and comfortable. This baby is gonna get a lot of use!

:D

23. pats1237

pats1237 Member

Oct 28, 2006
    The District
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me too my man :(

24. MilesW

MilesW Member+

Aug 26, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just do the usual duct taping and write ARTETA over it.

25. Darth Norteño

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    That sounds reminiscent of the problem with the 2006 post-World Cup shirts; the sponsor mark kept flaking off. I have one of those originals and I never wear it now for that reason. The flaking isn't that bad, but it's evident on closer inspection. Not that I care that much, seeing as how I've basically paid for the privilege of promoting Emirates Airlines for free, but if I'm repping the Arsenal, my shit needs to be fresh at all times. :D

I wouldn't worry about reprinting the sponsor; you may just need to retire that shirt. As for the track jacket, I tend to keep track of the in-house adult fashion offerings and wait until there's an end-of-season sale on. Sometimes you get lucky and the stuff you want is still available in your size, and for significantly less than its initial price. I believe in supporting the club as they constantly inveigh us to do, but I don't like being gouged if a little patience will get me a better deal.

Yeah, that's straight fire right there; I wore it into work myself this morning. Apparently, there's a white version now available through ESPN's store that Arsenal Direct don't even stock yet.

[​IMG]