Japanese Soccer Shirts

Discussion in 'Japan' started by goru_no_ura, Sep 16, 2009.

1. dokool

dokool Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    FC Tokyo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

You are aware they don't go on sale till tomorrow (11/10), right?

2. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Were they that paranoid about the design being leaked that they even kept the stock under wraps at some central warehouse?

3. BtownKj

BtownKj Member

Italy
    Jul 15, 2006
    South Korea
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i do agree that the red thing under the collar is a bit off and dont understand why its there, but in all i really like the shirt, and the l/s looks great with the white strips going down it.

oh and i wasnt sure if it was the 10th that they go on sale or not, i had one of the locals i work with translate the adidas site and he told me that the stores here in shimoda were gonna have it today

4. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Kinda reminds me of Marinos home jersey.

5. dokool

dokool Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    FC Tokyo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Well, someone just posted a photo from a store so I guess some of them are out in the wild.

What do people think about the feather imprint? I think the whole 革命ヲ起コス concept on the adidas site is pretty cool and all (also I'd love a downloadable copy of that intro video they have), but when it comes down to it we've got feathers on our uniform and I dunno how cool that is.

6. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
    If anybody spots a graphic of the uniform that just shows the kit itself, and can be used to make a .gif , please send me the link.

Ive got one photo up on the RSN already and will add clearer ones once I can find a better graphic.

Never mind
    I found it

7. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    i wouldn't be caught dead in that new jersey o_O i thought the 2006 ones were pretty fug, but i prefer 2006 ones over "that"!

8. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    When isn't that the case? :D
    Sometimes I wonder if that's not part of Marinos marketing strategy (though in this case it's gone reverse with the red thing)

I don't get it either. The flag on the front is cool... but... it's just impossible to get away from that red blotch. wtf were they thinking?

9. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The players seem disgusted

http://www.jsgoal.jp/photo/00053800/00053863.html

IMHO is the ugliest Japan uniform ever, but I am not surprised, Adidas this years tried hard to amaze us, and I guess they succeeded again. This is second only to the Chelsea/Bayern cycling unis with bra incorporated.

Utter delusion.

10. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    I see they finally correct SHIAT to SHIRT. Only took two days, right? :D

11. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The proper correction would have been to just take the "A" away from "SHIAT"... :cool:

12. dokool

dokool Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    FC Tokyo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Best comment I've heard so far is レッドカードジャパン.

13. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Are they in time to change it?

My son too dropped his jaw.
    (Well, I saved some ¥8,000, I suppose...:))

14. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Oh
    my
    god

Who designed this "thing" ? Seriously.

15. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain

hehehe yeah they do look embarrased to wear the kit.
    i guess i could get use to it... i'd buy that hideous thing and learn to love it...

the thing is, not worried about the colour, infact love the colour, but the aligning of the logos. the adidas, unneccessary red thing, and the japanese flag, it is a bit too much for the front.

16. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    :eek::D
    foreshadowing an Okubo incident?

17. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    Well, that was the question I was asking when I went to matsu's site, jaw opened when I caught sight of that "thing", because it was just so....a lack for a better word, HIDEOUS... stone me to death for saying that, I'll still buy that thing because I do go for the team.

On a weird but happier note, LOL, the lads on footballshirtculture.com seem to like it.

edit: instead of that ugly patch on the front side of the jersey, the collar bit thats red would of fit perfectly for the freakin japanese flag. they should of used the old template, with the adidas logo and the jfa logo, positioned where they usually are. i'm disappointed.

18. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    They should of had a strip that went down the jersey. Connected with the red "thing".

19. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Now that I think about it. It kinda reminds me of a rugby uniform.

20. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
    I knew Id seen it before somewhere. Then it hit me . . .

Mito Hollyhock, 2002

Apart from the Ks Denki logo, its almost a straight ripoff. Even down to the white stripes on the sleeves

[​IMG]

21. BtownKj

BtownKj Member

Italy
    Jul 15, 2006
    South Korea
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    well as i said, i was gonna go pick this up. went to a store right after work today to get it, seemed like they had sold a lot throughout the day. however it was quite expensive for being a blank jersey(10,395 yen). i did get a military discount making it about 9,800 yen. I believe this is the techfit jersey as they had a box that said authentic jersey(it said something about formotion on the back of the box) and that was around 14,500 yen. anyways here are some pictures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. BtownKj

BtownKj Member

Italy
    Jul 15, 2006
    South Korea
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    also here is the formotion jersey, i opened it up and it deff. had a different feel to the jersey, however the new logo was screen printed onto the jersey while the one i bought was stitched onto it.

[​IMG]

also the local stores had this on display for the last few weeks, advertising that the new jerseys would be shown for the first time on Nov 11, i def wish they would have released these to sell, i would have bought one.

[​IMG]

23. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    What I wonder is: if you pull the curtain with the feathers, does the red strip go all the way to the bottom of the shirt...? :eek:

Well, thanks for volunteering and for the pics. I still think that as much as the blue shade they picked is really wonderful, the chopped red stripe is dreadful.

24. dokool

dokool Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    FC Tokyo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    No, the TechFit has the black webbing, the PowerBelt? Or whatever they're calling.

Replica -> ~10,000
    Authentic (ForMotion) -> ~14,500
    Authentic (TechFit) -> ~21,000

Those are the prices based on SS Kamo, so match that up with whatever was on the tag.

25. BtownKj

BtownKj Member

Italy
    Jul 15, 2006
    South Korea
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    that makes more sence since the formotion was 14,5 where i bought mine at. but i really like this jersey so im glad to have it apart of my collection.