Japanese Abroad 2002-04 [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by skipshady, Jul 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SHURARARA

SHURARARA New Member

May 9, 2002
    Nakamura GOOL!!

Great!!

2. yetanotherkim

yetanotherkim New Member

Dec 15, 2001
    Brooklyn, NY
    Nakata...

Did Hide score a lot against Vissel Kobe while he was in Japan?

Just wondering if black & white stripes turn him on... ;)

3. SHURARARA

SHURARARA New Member

May 9, 2002
    Yasunaga also scored a goal.

Soutaro Yasunaga which belongs to Racing de Ferrol of the Spain league division 2 played a match against GETAFE, and scored the his first goal.

4. tokio_2002

tokio_2002 New Member

Jan 27, 2002
    tokio
    NAKATA

Parma 2 : 2 Juvetus 28.sep Trino

[​IMG]

Nakata rushed into right corner of the goal to the cross from left side of Fillipini and dodged Buffon's jumping save.
    Nakata made a goal with his right volley shoot.

La Gazetta Dello Sport gave 7.5 to Nakata.

5. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Long time no post, Tokio! Welcome back, we missed you.

6. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    for the last week
    uprising or solid
    nakata
    nakamura
    suzuki
    fair at best/below average
    ono
    bad/downward
    inamoto

7. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nakata is doing well so far with Parma and they as a unit are improved from last year. Juventus deserved to lose but Del Piero handled the ball (inadvertantly?) and scored in the last minute.

Parma are trying to become a side known for their young Italian talent, but don't have another playmaker of Nakata's quality so his position should be safe. Matteo Brighi is his only competition for that spot, but Brighi can and has played right next to Hidetoshi.

Nakamura is integral for Reggina, best player on the team. Unfortunately they have no players who can finish well. If they are relegated, expect a bigger side to pluck Nakamura away from Reggio Calabria. I know I'd love to have him play at Milan.

8. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    Del Piero keeps being on top by using his hand. Maradona might want to see him. Soon Vieri or Inzaghi will pass him

9. LakesidePark

LakesidePark New Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Thanks for your comment. Do you think that they can reach the road to UEFA Cup, or even higher? Adriano and Mutu are key players, I think. Ono, Inamoto, and even Suzuki have experienced CL, and Nakata needs to do so too, but I don't think it's a realistic goal for Parma this year.

As for Nakamura, he really needs to accumulate 3 points per match so that the club won't get relegated. Expectations are so high out there. I don't think he will have a good chance to move to a bigger club in Italy after relegation. They can't lose to Como, Torino, and others. Something tells me that Perugia will survive.

10. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    3 points per match sounds to me that they're gonna win the league. that's too much for the team everybody already talks about relegation. let's hope reggina will be atalanta 00/01

11. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    "As for Nakamura, he really needs to accumulate 3 points per match so that the club won't get relegated. Expectations are so high out there. I don't think he will have a good chance to move to a bigger club in Italy after relegation. "

all that matters is the number of assists/goals he scores. Nakamura needs at least 8 or 10 assists to stay in serie a if reggina is relegated (10 assists would be enough for another team to pick him up) so he better start producing and SAVE HIMSELF!

12. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    The Champions League is just out of reach for Parma, because after Fiorentina, Lazio and Parma had their big sell offs the other top teams (Milan, Inter, Juventus, Roma) got stronger. Now the margin between the top and the middle is larger. Parma's goal should be Uefa Cup, and that is an accomplishable goal. They can go far in that competition as well, because they have a lot of talent. Inexperience will hold them back.

As for Nakamura, I think his individual preformance is all that matters. Even if a bigger Italian club don't pick him up, Spain and England should be calling. In my opinion, Asian players should play in the Serie A as it suits their style more. Apart from the Perugia fiasco Asian players have been welcomed with open arms in Italy and have shown they can play at what is definately the most difficult championship in the world (although not the strongest anymore). La Liga is good too, but not England or Germany. Run and gun football (too overgeneralize) doesn't win anything, patience and skill are what matter. Japanese players especially have bags of skill.

13. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    hey lond2345, check your pm.

14. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Quickie:

Both Fulham and Parma are through to the next round of UEFA Cup. Fulham drew 2-2 at home (3-2 aggregate) and Parma pulled off a stoppage time victory to win 3-2 (4-3).

Inamoto came on at the 68 min mark and Nakata played the entire match.

Fulham vs Hajduk Split
    Parma vs CSKA Moscow

15. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    I posted this in a separate thread before noticing this one.

Reggina 2 Brescia 2

Nakamura's 81st minute strike on a free kick saved a point for the home team.

16. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    Inamoto cleared the ball from a injury time CK to Neretljak who was ready to put it in the empty goal with head.

Nakata sounded to be solid changing possition from time to time, effectively conducting team but also full credit must be given to Mutu

17. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    why the hell parma just can't win the game? they wasted 2 points each against juve and perugia that they shouldn't have lost

18. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Nothing happening to Japanese Abroad since European clubs are on break this week, but wanted to keep the thread updated.

Good luck to the boys in blue vs Jamaica.

19. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    just say "bump"

20. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    oct 19
    Vitesse Arnhem 1-1 Feyenoord

I can't believe feyenoord started ono and let him play 90 minutes in this game. Maybe because Ono scored a goal against jamaica. I don't know much about the detail but Ono played so-so overall.

Fulham 1-1 Man U

Both Japan's Junichi Inamoto and Jamaica's Barry Hayles spared time on bench after having a friendly match in Tokyo. I wonder if they talked each other about the friendly game. Hayles came on pitch at 78th minute.

Beveren 0-4 Genk

I only know suzuki played last 15 minutes. anybody detail?

Tommorow's game
    Modena vs Parma
    Udinese vs Reggina

21. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    According to Sponichi in Japan, Fulham has contacted Parma about acquiring Hidetoshi Nakata. If this happens, we could well see two of Japan's "golden midfield" together in London.

Sponichi is also reporting that Parma is looking to acquire Shunsuke Nakamura from Reggina.

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/soccer/kiji/2002/10/20/08.html

Finally, Inamoto was on the bench for Fulham's 1-1 draw vs Man U, he did not play.

22. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    boa morte has been doing good, it is only inamoto's fault for going down in quality and now he is back on the bench.

23. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Huh?

I think it has more to do with the fact that Inamoto just came back from Japan vs Jamaica, and that he isn't at full match fitness yet after playing very little last year.

24. n00bie deluxe

n00bie deluxe New Member

Aug 31, 2002
    That's a good one. The only reason Ina was out is because Tigana wanted to give him a rest after the Japan game. That's why Hayles didn't start and was only put in with 10 min. left.

25. SHURARARA

SHURARARA New Member

May 9, 2002
    Flying Japanese

10/26KRC Genk VS RAEC Mons
    2-1 Suzuki 1 assist

10/27Parma VS Atalanta(SeriaA)
    2-1 Nakata 1 gaol

10/29KRC Genk VS Athens(UEFA Champions League)
    1-1 Suzuki 1 assist

10/31 Fulham VS NK Dinamo Zagreb(UEFA Cup)
    3-0 Inamoto 1 assist