Japanese Abroad 2002-04 [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by skipshady, Jul 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Inamoto will make his first start for Fulham on Tuesday, in the Intertoto Cup final 2nd leg against Bologna. If Fulham wins the cup then they advance to UEFA Cup.

So here's hoping for a good result from both Fulham and Inamoto.

2. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Ina-toto!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8/27 was a great day for Japanese abroad.

Inamoto scored a hat trick to help Fulham beat Bologna 3-1 (5-3 aggregate) in the Intertoto Cup final and Ono scored the opening goal in a 2-0 (3-0 agg) Feyenoord win over Fenerbache. Suzuki only came on after 82 minutes for Genk but they beat Sparta Praha.

So that means:
    Ono and Suzuki are in the Champion's League
    Nakata and Inamoto are in the UEFA Cup.
    And Ono will be playing against Real Madrid this Saturday in the Euro Supercup!

As for other Japanese abroad:
    - Nakamura is still playing well and set to start for Reggina.
    - Nakata's competition in the Parma midfield, Johan Micoud is negotiating a transfer with Bremen in Germany.
    - Alex will make his Charlton debut on 9/11 vs Aston Villa.

Overall, good news all around for Japanese abroad. If only Kawaguchi got to play for Portsmouth...

3. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    hahaha....is that finger salute now become the trademark of Inamoto after he scores a goal?!?! LOL, great show, Junichi!!!

4. Re: Ina-toto!!!

you mean if only kawaguchi got hell out of there and added another hornor to our football, right?

5. LakesidePark

LakesidePark New Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Re: Ina-toto!!!

Inamoto's second goal was really nice. I really love the eruption of jubilant supporters after a goal. :D

Is Micoud out? I don't think that's a good news for Parma. They have released too many key players. Are they that good this year? The Champions League spot doesn't seem to be a realistic goal. Waiting for a good news from Parma!

Kawaguchi? Umm, I don't know. Is he considering any transfer?

6. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
  7. sanariot

sanariot Member

Nov 19, 2001
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good to see Inamoto doing well. He's one of my favorite players on the Japanese team.

8. Yuke

Yuke New Member

Dec 8, 2001
    Japan
    Feyenoord vs Real Madrid

Yeah, baby! Yeah!

Feyenoord is playing against Read Madrid today for UEFA SUper Cup in Morocco.

And Feyenoord and Ono will be facing Juventus in the CL...WOW!

9. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Re: Feyenoord vs Real Madrid

Yep. Ono and Emerton will be responsible for stopping Zidane and Figo. Should be exciting.

http://espn.go.com/soccer/news/2002/0829/1424658.html

10. Korean Football

Korean Football New Member

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    looks cool to me.

11. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    After the excitement of last week that saw Inamoto's hat trick to get his team in the UEFA Cup and Ono score to put Feyenoord in the Champion's League, this was a disappointing weekend for Japanese abroad.

On Friday, Feyenoord lost 3-1 to Real Madrid in the European Super Cup, though Ono created several chances for his teammates and himself.

Sunday, Inamoto's Fulham lost its first match in the Prmiership season, going down to West Brom 1-0. I believe this is the first time Fulham failed to score with Inamoto on the pitch.

Suzuki came on as a 2nd half substitute for RC Genk, holding a 3-1 lead against Mouscron. Suzuki played in left midfield but in stoppage time, he allowed his man to get free and fire the cross that led to the equalizing goal.

12. ahahahaha, is this the "alex" you are talking about? i didn't know he was playing baseball. not good idea to post a picture from the top page. in a few days, i wonder who's gonna be on the picture

13. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Now it's a picture of Alex hitting a home run for Kyojin. Funny, he looks just like Matsui! :D

Seriously, not much happening for Japanese abroad and it's an international weekend in Europe so all the leagues have off.

About the biggest things I've heard are that Nakamura will change the name on his shirt to "NAKA" next season and Ono has now gone from bald to brunette to now peroxide blonde.

Tuesday 9/10
    Suzuki - Genkk vs Germinal Beerschot
    Ono - Feyenoord vs Excelsior

Wednesday 9/11
    Inamoto - Fulham vs Tottenham

Serie A season opens on 9/15 when Reggina plays Perugia and Parma plays Udinese.

14. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    9/10
    Feyenoord 4 Excelsior 1 - Ono played well at left volante and attempted a shot that led to the final goal.

9/11
    RC Genk 5 Germinal Beerschot 2 - Suzuki only played the final 5 minutes in a mop-up duty. He reportedly played well, earning a free kick just outside the 18-yard box

Fulham 3 -Tottenham 2 Inamoto starts Fullham's comeback from 0-2 down with a 66th minute goal.

------------------

Coming up:

9/14
    RC Genk vs Lommel
    Sunderland vs Fulham

9/15
    Udinese vs Parma
    Perugia vs Reggina

15. Ticallista

Ticallista Member

Jul 5, 2002
    i think suzuki is going to be just a backup player for genk. i feel sorry for him.

at least the others are playing well in europe.

16. yetanotherkim

yetanotherkim New Member

Dec 15, 2001
    Brooklyn, NY
    Maezono on trial with Songnam

I guess this is the right thread...

Former Japan international Maezono Masayuki is having a trial run with K-League champions Songnam Chunma.

He played a match for the second team, and made an assist. The coaching staff like what they see.

The registration period is over for K-League this season, so even if Songnam sign him, he won't be playing this season... but he could feature in the Asian Champion's League early next year.

Songnam already have 2 Japanese-speaking players (Park Kang-jo & Kaimoto Kojiro), so he won't find it too difficult to settle in.

I don't know all the details of his fall from grace, but I wish he could find his feet again at Songnam.

17. maezono.... all i can remember about him is ra-oh

18. yetanotherkim

yetanotherkim New Member

Dec 15, 2001
    Brooklyn, NY
    What's that?

19. tv commercial of instant ramen. nakata was also in the cm but maezono was the main.

20. LakesidePark

LakesidePark New Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Kanagawa, Japan
    haha, I'm sure both of them are now embarrassed by that commercial, lol. You can't believe Nakata did it!

Maezono didn't play great when he was in J2. I hope he can finally settle down rather than roam around the world.

21. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    I seem to recall Maezono scoring a spectacular goal against Korea. With his back to the goal, he popped up the ball and did a bicycle kick over his shoulder. The Korean goalie was so surprised that it bounced right past him into the corner of the net...wait a minute, maybe that was Shoji Jo that score that goal. Argh...I can't remember.

22. yetanotherkim

yetanotherkim New Member

Dec 15, 2001
    Brooklyn, NY
    That was Jo... and the keeper was Seo Dong-myung.

23. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    Thanks. I can recall that moment with little negativity because Korea won ;-)