Japan at the 2013 Confederations Cup

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Dax, Nov 26, 2012.

1. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Transfer to Europe. Then Zac will pick you. Even if you suck. :)

Keren repped this.
  2. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

With those 26 players, if you wanna talk about "deserving to stay home", well.. i'd say Komano, Takahashi and Maeda.

Kengo is to be put away from JNT, but after the CC, because in this kind of competition his experience could be useful. Instead, Maeda is having some troubles being on the field...

3. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg

In before Dax explains how it is good and logical for the future of japanese football.

4. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    In before Saku explaining how JFA were betting on Kudo and Higashi since Okada's times, because he made a 4 year plan and they're special, so actually it should have been expected. Okada was going to call them soon but there was no space for them, but only for Keisuke Iwashita and Muramatsu for some weird reason :(
    But Zac ruined them and their career is over now :thumbsdown:

5. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    hahaha that's my man.
    But hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it ! The forward line looked great and should fare well against Italy, Brazil and Mexico.

6. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You're right, I'm mad about that. I'm sure Osako would've scored against them, after all he just scored to Vietnam U23. How come nobody reported that to Zaccaroni?????? Is anybody working over there?? :thumbsdown:

7. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    They are don't worry. Osako is scheduled to arrive in 2016. 2015 should be Kakitani's first cap. Hiroki Yamada around 2017 and he might give a run to Kudo in the starting line-up around 2018 (but not sure, that feels early).

Keren repped this.
  8. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Looks likely, I also expect Osako to be one of the overages aT the next olympics. Would've been great if he could play in the JNT too, but what can you do about it

OneiroPhobia repped this.
  9. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You can injure Mike and Ryoichi...

Seriously guys...

10. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    I don't understand why Ryoichi is keeped...Maeda 31 years old - Hisato Sato 31 years old, but you guys know the difference, Sato the top scorer in J1 2012, and now the leading top scorer, while Maeda has a poor season....

11. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Imo Zac keeps him for different reasons

1. because he wont just drop someone who is out of form and not playing that well.

2. Because Maeda plays a big part in his tactical approach especially defensively looking.

3. Because he has been with the team for a long time probably

12. CND_MARINO

CND_MARINO Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Ontario
    Club:
    Yokohama F Marinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    4. Maeda makes a nice cappuccino.

13. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

I died of lolling here. :D

14. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  15. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    15 hours earlier :

16. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Komano will join them in the stands and wear his Maeda JNT jersey :cool:

17. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Can't stand Komano thing.
    I'm obliterated.
    And where's my Otsu?

18. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    the Japanese media, after the Australia match, also said that Zacc should test other FWs since Maeda and Mike didn't exactly instill confidence up front throughout the campaign. I'm assuming they have the guts to say this now because Japan qualify and didn't before as to not jinx it.
    and Invisible Maeda don't do Japan any good.
    Maeda and Kengo are going to CC 2013, but starting @ the EAC, Zacc says he will bring in other J-League players he'd been eyeing. 2 very important position are FWs and CMs, also CB as well.

19. Kenbi

Kenbi Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  20. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

What do you expect from them? They're terrible. They won the OFC Cup with a bit of luck, since New Caledonia was a lot better than Tahiti. In the qualification round of Oceania, they won only a game and lost five! They scored only two goals and they took 18!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_–_OFC_Third_Round

It'll be a miracle if they pass the half-line. With the ball...

21. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Isn't it obvious? It's their masterplan. It's just a bluff. Nobody knows who they are, so what better than make others think they're shit?
    Can't wait to see when they will own Spain and everybody will stfu :cool:

GunnerTNB repped this.
  22. karolb

karolb Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    i watched the match ... if you put pressure on them they really struggle to defend, the Chile team was very motivated because of U20 WC preparation, so it was clear to see from the beginning who will win this match ... and yes, Tahiti also managed to pass the half line a few times and had like 2-3 chances iirc

better play fast and direct against this Tahiti and you should win easily ;)

23. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I disagree, I think these guy's chances of becoming one-time heroes and the fact that they're there just for some fun will transform 11/11 in little Ronaldos. Really, you won't believe it when you sill see it on TV.

I have good faith especially in the keeper and the striker :cool:
    They were obviously still bluffing against Chile too...

Can't wait to laugh again like when Yun-Nam Ji scored against Brazil or Switzerland scored that superb goal against Spain in the WC

24. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Yeah, Switzerland is like Tahiti.
    Sorry, but I can't stand this disillusion. One thing is caring about them and dreaming about the underdogs, another thing is being a total fool. They'll be torn apart: again, they lost in the OFC zone five times. With New Caledonia, Solomon Islands and the worst New Zealand of these last years.

After all, they'll make history only being there: why push dreams too far? You'll be disappointed, in the end.

25. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    hahaha come on guys I was just having some fun... damn BS is getting more depressing each day!
    That switzerland pun was meant in regards to the goal itself my all-time WC goal favorite, as of today. I always loved that dude's celebration face too.
    I perfectly know how it will go, they will take double digit goals, but it will be absolutely spectacular to see the brazilians cheering strongly for them :)
    A goal... that would be gold crown already.