January Transfer Rumors

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by phoenixhazard, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    A mate in London has just told me that he's heard from a mate of his (sports journalist) that Bale has signed with Madrid for 80m on 195k a week. Anyone know if it's true?

And yes, I know it's outside the transfer window and I don't understand that bit either.

2. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol nice troll

3. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    it's true.

or not true. i'm not sure which, but one of 'em.

4. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    80m eh? There was a time not too long ago when that kind of money could get you four or five world class players. Now with the crazy inflation caused by so many rich teams, you have to wonder how many quality players you could actually get with that.

Don't get me wrong, if you play your cards right, Spurs could build one heck of a team with that money, but when you look at what the money from the Modric sale brought, you really have to wonder if it would be worth it.

IMO Spurs are better off with Bale, using the CL money to bring in reinforcements, and going for the title next year and/or go for the CL.

BTW, has there even been any indication from Bale that he wants to go abroad? It seems to me that it's just media assumption that a player of his quality must want to play for a better team than Tottenham

IvanIV repped this.
  5. vasilli07

vasilli07 Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    He will most likely stay for the next season unless some clubs make some crazy bids. As for the season after next, he will see if the club is closer to any silverware before making his decision.

6. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    If I was in Bale's shoes the only other team I'd consider joining would be Bayern Munich.

7. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Bayern are not going to spend crazy money on Bale when they already have superb wingers. If Bale leaves i think he will go to Real Madrid.

8. vasilli07

vasilli07 Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Robben and Ribery aren't getting young. And Bale doesn't play like a real winger nowadays.

9. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Robben and Ribery might be getting up there in years, but behind them they have Shaqiri and Muller. Bale is better than those two, but it's not worth spending ~80m (which is what Levy will be demanding if any team wants him this summer) to upgrade those wingers. If Bayern spends big it will be on a striker this time.

I really can't think of any team other than Real Madrid that would be willing to spend the money, and that has the prestige to lure Bale away. I imagine any other moves would have to come in 2014 when Bale only has one year left so other teams will have more negotiating power.

10. electrickeeper

electrickeeper The Ginger Pele
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Oct 14, 2002
    The Cheese Room
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think Lewandowski will be that expensive. Probably 20-25m, could see Gomez going the other way as well.

11. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Sébastien Corchia is an amazing rightback might be France's best if not second after Mathieu Debuchy i for one think he's better than Sagna i know Arsenal wants Corchia Spurs got a better chance having Lloris as keeper makes it alot easier for the back line!

12. Bizarro Spur

Bizarro Spur Member

Jan 23, 2004
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sky sports reporting Bale was at Old Trafford for the CL game last night.

Why?

13. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He was watching the match, as a lot of players do. Giggs 1000th game as well.

14. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    He was one of the lucky few who could afford a ticket?

His baby was colicky?

He wanted diving lessons from Nani and Ronaldo?

IvanIV repped this.
  15. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bayern would be the best choice. The Bundasliga is already the second best league in the world imo. The grounds and history of the teams are absolutely class and he could garner a lot of success there as the team Bayern have is unreal. Just stupid good.

16. electrickeeper

electrickeeper The Ginger Pele
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Oct 14, 2002
    The Cheese Room
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to mention he would thrive under Guardiola, IMO.

17. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Better than Walker and Naughton? Would he fit AVB's tactics?

18. ImmortalJellyfish

ImmortalJellyfish New Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Walker has been pretty terrible this season, but he's still very young. Two completely different coaching philosophies/systems in his first two years to deal with too. Needs time to mature.

Ideally, if AVB ever gets the right forwards to implement his 433, Walker would be a very good candidate to be an attacking wingback. Just like AVB liked to run at Porto. He's got the speed and stamina to race up and down the wing all game.

Naughton's value, to me, is that he covers two positions (albeit RB better than LB) when he's on the bench as a sub. That leaves space for another offensive player to sit as a sub. Underrated aspect to his game. He's not a bad RB either, all things considered.

19. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea Walker has hurt us a lot this year. Worse yet is Ade is a complete waste of space, wtf!

I think this is how we play if we want a 4-3-3
    --Sigurdsson------Bale-------Lennon--
    -----------------Dembele-----------------
    -------------Parker---Livermore--------
    Benoit-----Dawson--Vertonghen-Walker