January camp roster watch/speculation

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by bmo180, Nov 27, 2012.

1. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    small, only in Conner's height. This would be an extremely huge surprise. I don't see him as anything close to national team material.

2. forza inter

forza inter Member

Apr 2, 2004
    Middletown, ct
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bedoya all but confirmed by Goff via twitter just now, also mentioned Ale will be transferring clubs this winter

Berks, LouisZ, Pl@ymaker and 1 other person repped this.
  3. j0osh

j0osh Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I found out who it is. None are right so far. And no, I can't say.

Happy guessing!

4. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Osvaldo Alonso? not eligible unless something changed

he's on trial at West Ham.

5. FakeFlopper

FakeFlopper Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    I wasn't even thinking that, but that would fit the bill, for me anyways.

6. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not really transferring since he's out of contract.

7. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    To nitpick on your nitpicking, that can still be a transfer that requires paperwork. I believe, it only ceases to be a transfer when a player is let go by his club.

8. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oooh! Oooh! Oooh! I like this game! Okay give me a hint, is he a Midfielder?

9. j0osh

j0osh Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Context clues on the twitter machine will reveal all.

That being said, reviewing who I know is in...I'm not 100% sure me and McIntyre are talking about the same surprise. Maybe, but we'll see.

10. j0osh

j0osh Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Number now up to 25.

Steven Goff@SoccerInsider
    USA camp roster announcement Sunday between 1-2 pm ET. About 25 players. Conditioning next week, full training starts Jan 14 #usmnt

11. pdxsoccerfan

pdxsoccerfan Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Why is it that Feilhaber is considered a potential call-up and Lee Nguyen is not? They play the same position for the same team, but if you ask Revolution fans the majority will tell you that Nguyen (not Feilhaber) is their team's MVP. Why call Feilhaber and not the younger and better player from the same team?

12. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nguyen underwent shoulder surgery and hasn't played since September, for one thing.

13. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol
    Jimmy Conrad@JimmyConrad
    Yo @J_Klinsmann, drop the fitness component of your upcoming camp and use the extra week to define our style and work on tactics. If the......players that come in aren't fit, then send them home. You don't have enough time with them during the year as it is to waste a week...on proper running techniques and useless heart rate monitors. Thanks in advance for reading this - Jimmy and countless other#USMNT fans

14. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's got a point.

15. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess it may be Bill Hamid

16. j0osh

j0osh Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's not really a surprise. Also, Goff just confirmed Hamid will be there.

Steven Goff@SoccerInsider
    Getting word Bill Hamid is on short list for #usmnt camp. Part of reason he didn't go to Euro club for winter training. Official roster Sun

Berks repped this.
  17. j0osh

j0osh Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does he? 80-85% of the players that will be called haven't played in over a month. He's a big fitness guy, so what do you expect? Seems like he's trying to see the ceiling on all these players as to evaluate them for potential future callups.

He knows fitness for most won't be 100%, and, if I were him, I would want to see these guys at 100% to know what I can expect in a huge situation like the Hex. 1 week won't get them there, but it's better than having them come in and just start training.

Got to push them, or it's just running through the motions with out getting much relevant data back in return.

BimmerBenz95 repped this.
  18. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Or weed out the players that bitch about the work.

19. j0osh

j0osh Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also a good exercise.

20. forza inter

forza inter Member

Apr 2, 2004
    Middletown, ct
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really really have grown sour on JC since he stopped playing. He really hasn't become the personality I was hoping/expecting he'd be...always anti-klinsmman/anti-"germans" etc, saw his tweet today and damn near stopped following him.

BimmerBenz95 and wixson7 repped this.
  21. j0osh

j0osh Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, casue working for 1 extra week on style and tactics with the B-Team is certainly going to guarantee the A-Team a strong performance in the Hex...

22. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Also, the players will be uneven in their fitness. How can you compare players that way? At least with some fitness thrown in the out of season guys will have a chance to catch up.

23. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I sure hope these guys have been keeping themselves fit over the break expecting to get a call to National Team Camp is my (and I'm sure Jimmy Conrad's) point. It's kind of their job. You *hitcan the ones that can't hack it.

I expect it of Jurgen, but I kinda think J. Conrad has a legitimate point. Our problem historically hasn't been fitness. Never have I thought, boy, we look awfully slow and lardlike out there.

24. j0osh

j0osh Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True, but the tactics/style question is more of a slow burn, institutional change that we are never going to fully recognize until its already here. So asking a coach to 'make with the tactics *snapsnap*' isn't really a demand that anyone can respond to.

25. Bookmesir

Bookmesir Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    FC Aarau
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tactics are interconnected to the fitness and technical abilities of the players at hand. No two teams playing the same tactical formational with a given subset of specific assignments on the field will play in the same way. It's the individuals at each position, their specific levels of fitness, technique and tactical acumen that, then, define the parameters of a how a given system of play may then be employed.
    At the national team level, there is only so much room for morphing one way or the other, until a player with irrepressible skills and presence joins the squad.
    So, until this player shows up, a week of fitness will only add to the result at the end of this equation.