Jann George at SpVgg Bayreuth

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Jul 9, 2010.

1. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everything I've heard is that he's a mess with his attitude. I've even heard the term "hopeless" thrown about.

2. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got it. Thanks for the heads up TC.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  3. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    My contact within 1860 said the guy showed up with an attitude, no work ethic and expectations of starting with the U21 club midway through what was a very succesful season. He did not expect to be low man on the totem pole.

What's worse, is that he seemed to have an attitude with the grounds crew and support staff. Normally those are the guys EVERYONE gets to know well otherwise your gear does not make it on the bus or you might find your boots run over by the lawn mower.

In Germany, especially in Bavaria/Franconia, the club guys talk. If FCN and 1860 have booted him for this attitude (all in the same 12 month period of time) you can bet he has a reputation already and he won't get many more chances.

As for him manning up, don't bet on it. Google a guy named Savio Nsereko to see just how a young 14m Euro talent can go south with light speed Mr. Zulu would be jelous of.

Sandon Mibut repped this.
  4. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh crap! I remember Savio from his West Ham failure. Dude was a total mess and a head case. Doesn't he like to "disappear." That's Savio, right???? I vaguely remember reading some crazy ass account of him paying some guy to kidnap him in order to extort friends and family. It was something along those lines.

5. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Yup the same guy. Went to West Ham for something like 9m Pounds. F'd up there and got loaned out all over the place. No where did he settle in. While at 1860 he famously got into a tiff on the field, during our 150th anniversary game against BVB no less, when he was awareded a PK (first game on the pitch for him after his transfer to 1860) and the threw a fit when he was not allowed to take the PK. Actually pulled the ball out of the hands of the captain to take the kick...refused to celebrate with the team after the captain converted the kick. He played about 2-3 games before he fell out of favor and was relegated to the U-23 team. He then paid a friend to fake a kidnapping so he could hide from people from which he owed money. We fired him. Since then he has bounced around from team to team.

Just check out his transfer list. Half the page covers from summer 2011 to present!!!!:cool: And he is only 23. He's had 12 clubs in two years!!!

Jann George, this telltale heart is beating for you, dude.

6. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And yet he got a job at Fürth.

7. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    damn. Apparently the other 11 clubs didn't get the memo. Savio sounds like a real winner. I heard he was a nut job but this dude has moved up the ladder to a full scaled bat-shit crazy. Wow. Let's hope that Jann doesn't even remotely go down this path. Although, both players started their path in similar fashion --- immaturity and a sense entitlement.

8. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Fuerth II...for now.

He has a one year contract with terms for dismissal. As you know, this is the bare minimum contract clubs give guys who are "problem children". They can fire him at any moment for cause and not have to see out the rest of his contract. That should be a sign they don't trust him.

9. Tom Collingsworth

Jun 14, 2011
    North Carolina
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Jann just has some serious attitude and/or anger problems. I think Savio is actually insane, a little bit different lol.

What's hilarious is that teams are still giving Savio opportunities despite all that. He was playing in the Regionalliga just this year.

LoewenBoy repped this.
  10. Mario Balotelli

Mario Balotelli Member+

United States
    Feb 28, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This kid must be fairly talented if teams keep giving him chances despite all the red flags.

LoewenBoy repped this.
  11. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Freddy Adu on crack and with a betting problem. All the potential and talent, none of the execution.

12. Tom Collingsworth

Jun 14, 2011
    North Carolina
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is, probably would've made his 1st team debut with FCN as a 19 yr old if he had his act together.

13. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't knock it before you try it, buddy!

Signed,

Rene Higuita

Sandon Mibut and Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  14. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually it was 3 clubs in less than 12 months that ended poorly.

FC Nurnberg tried to loan him out to Senica in Slovakia. In fact, the loan was confirmed by the press officer of Senica.

It lasted about a week and Senica sent him back to Nurnberg.

15. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    I did not count that as I heard he wanted a Slovakian vacation and that was the only way he could get the club to pay for it.;)

m vann repped this.
  16. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Worked out fine for Aaron Hernandez!

17. Mario Balotelli

Mario Balotelli Member+

United States
    Feb 28, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jann came on as a 59th minute sub for Greuther Furth II and scored a late goal to give them the win over TSV Rain/Lech in Regionalliga today.

I believe it was his first appearance of the season.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  18. Tom Collingsworth

Jun 14, 2011
    North Carolina
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was. This guy is so talented if he could keep his head on straight.

19. KickballWizard

Jun 11, 2013
    In terms if maturity level of he has a few screws loose?

20. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Seriously, what are these attitude issues that people seem to know so much about? Is it that he doesn't train hard? Doesn't play hard? Doesn't like to pass? Doesn't like to not pass? Doesn't like Germans? Doesn't like people?

Since he seems to have acquired this reputation, I'd sure like to know what the problem is. I don't necessarily doubt any of you, but "attitude problem" can mean a lot of things.

(And actually, I'd also love a fuller assessment of his talent from people who know about it, since I've only seen him for a few minutes with the U20s and those were inconclusive.)

xbhaskarx and Winoman repped this.
  21. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the most non-vague post on this:

Dave Marino-Nachison and Winoman repped this.
  22. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had missed that post, thanks.

23. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Me too. I guess that's ... something. Whatever he needs to do to get his career on track, here's hoping he does it.

Winoman repped this.
  24. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    I can add to that post just a bit. I mentioned a guy named Savio Nsereko. He was a hot young German prospect several years ago. The kid went o England for tons of $$, developed an ego, gambling problem and lazy work ethic. He arrived a few years back at 1860 in the hopes he would change. He didn't and got even more bizzare.

I give you this info because when JG arrived at 1860 a few of the staff remarked at how he made Nsereko look like a polite guy.

Not sure how he developed his ego. I can actually see it with Nsereko. Money will do that to people at 18. But JG has not seen that type of money or fame yet.

25. icebreaker

icebreaker Member+

Mar 22, 2011
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg

I've never met him personally, of course, but what I've read on the Nürnberg forums basically substantiates Löwenboys report. Big issues with both work ethic and ego in training.

LoewenBoy repped this.