James Rodriguez - news & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Uzuriaga, Jul 6, 2010.

1. pipevasquez

pipevasquez Member+

Sep 8, 2007
    Bogotá City
    Re: James Rodriguez - Oporto (r)

Humoooo

2. hadexxx

hadexxx Moderator
    Staff Member

May 3, 2005

pufffff!!!!!!!

com dice? humoooo!

3. pipevasquez

pipevasquez Member+

Sep 8, 2007
    Bogotá City

Si no fuera tomado en cuenta no lo hubieran inscrito a UEFA; o seria muy tonto por parte de Billa-boas, desperdiciar un cupo, asi.

4. pipevasquez

pipevasquez Member+

Sep 8, 2007
    Bogotá City

Este y Guarin, fueron convocados para el partido contra el CSKA Sofia que se jugara el Jueves.
    Primera convocatoria de James, espero que no sea solo un paso por Bulgaria.

5. Uzuriaga

Uzuriaga Member+

Feb 9, 2009
    Estocolmo
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Bueno desgraciadamente asi fue....quizá cuando se hayan lesionado 3 jugadores en su posicion y van ganando 5-0 lo dejan jugar unos minutos...

6. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

guys he just got his papers get off his back

Porto has alot of good players and he needs to compete with them. THis is why our NT sucks balls !!! We just want our players to start for the good of the NT but we don't want them to compete. If the coach doesn't play the player he is a racist or hates Colombians and it is never the players fault. The kid is 19 has alot of time to get better. I am more mad that he just didn't go straight to italy or spain, not so much to go to portugal.

7. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY

Funny you should say that, you're the one that always accuses the media of preferring our white players. You've made this comment about Gio Moreno and Falcao. However, besides the contradiction, I do agree with you crazy.

8. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Falcao is our most popular player because he is white and attractive that goes without saying.Maybe some of you don't want to admit but but we prefer and teams would prefer to put his face on a poster than Zapata, or most of our players. IF Wason didn't look like an Elite from Halo and Rodallega didn't look like a female version of the Predator I feel people wouldn't shit on them so much, especially Roda as I feel Renteria is kind of lazy and unmotivated.

River Plate isn't exactly a team that fields black players is it? Even if Rodas stats are 10x higher than Falcao he is going to have a harder time because he is black and not french, english or brazilian. The only black players who kind of just get a bye but Soccer is still a crazy racist sport internationally or why don't you just ask Batotelli where he gets monkey chants from italian fans and wasn't wanted on their NT when he is the best striker that they have.

9. Uzuriaga

Uzuriaga Member+

Feb 9, 2009
    Estocolmo
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Aggree. I remember when I went to the pascual guerrero a few years ago watching America play and the monkey chants had even been imported to the colombian league. And I was watching the crowd and I saw black guys doing it....wtf?!?

From portos standpoint I can get why James don't get more playing time. I just think it's sad that he's gonna loose fitness not playing. I think in spite of his young age he should ALWAYS play. But I guess a 5 million contract where you sit on the bench is more worth than a 3 million contract where you play...At least in short term....but he won't be worth 5 million that much longer if he never plays..

10. hanzellmo

hanzellmo Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Bogota
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Like i said before, is a long season and he's a youngster.

I would be worried if he was sold as finished product(23 - 26 years old) and not getting any playing time. That kind of situation is normal for most youngsters going to top Europe sides, whether he's Brazilian, Argentinian, French...

11. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY

I don't agree, Valderrama isn't exactly the whitest or best looking guy in the world, neither is Pele and they are touted as stars and placed on billboards. Didn't we rag on Angel for years? He's as white as a Colombian gets.

12. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008

Our most popular player is Ivan Cordoba hands down. That guy is ugly as f&(*. The main reason he is our most popular player is because he plays on one of the biggest teams in the world. Falcao is popular because he was an idol at one of the most prestigous sides in South America and now has brought that success to a huge Portuguese team and the champions league right off the bat.

But I'll give it to you. There's definitely an affinity towards our lighter skin players. It the great white hype theory. Every white boxer you ever see will become touted as the next big thing only to get destroyed by a legit boxer. Its simply because there are a huge amount of white boxing fans who want some kind of identification where there are hardly any available.

When people look at our team they see at least 5+ black players on the field. In all honesty they are our best players, but some people see that and don't think it translates to a representation of themselves or Colombia. France's Nt has the same issues.

Balotelli doesn't help his case by being a completely arrogant kid who disrespects world class coaches. Roda f'd himself over by being the record goal scorer of the sub 20. Sadly people don't understand it was just a youth tournament.

And btw, Tyson Rivas was absolutely LOVED at River. although it was probably more to do with reverse racism than anything else.

13. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY

I agree a lot with your points actually, and it might be the reason why James is getting so much press is because he is a good looking white Colombian kid. I mean let;'s all be honest, Colombians can be highly racist people.

14. ogopogo

ogopogo Member

Oct 13, 2005
    Lake Okanagan
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota

Jaimito is still a teenager, I wouldn't worry about him, his time will come. He's got the talent and skill (and hopefully the discipline) to have a very successful career both at club level and in our NT. But he's not there yet, let him mature a bit. And it's premature to calling him up to the NT.

On a sidenote, I do find it funny that some here keep referring to him and Falcao as "white"...Hehe, they're not "white", those two are your typical average Colombians, they're what the majority of us are.. mestizos.

15. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY

Mestizo is Ivan Ramiro Cordoba or Teofilo, even Dayro Moreno. James and Falcao look white to me. However, the concept of race is a man-made thing so who knows.

16. ogopogo

ogopogo Member

Oct 13, 2005
    Lake Okanagan
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota

Nah, esos son indios. ;)

17. pipevasquez

pipevasquez Member+

Sep 8, 2007
    Bogotá City

Lo del racismo por parte de Andre ¿lo estan hablando enserio? Lo del tono de piel y eso tambien.

18. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

What part of Colombia was that? They def don't look like that in Bogota, Cartagena, Boyaca, Medellin, Barranquilla.... when I went last year. I never been to Cali but that is like saying the kids on Gossip Girl are your typical New Yorkers in the USA, or the kids on Laguna Beach are your typical Cali americans kids.

What I am getting at is that if your more euro looking you are more accepted in all of latin America. You don't really have to be white per say but have very euro features. If I am wrong have you seen any Colombian novelas recently? It would lead you to believe we are half blond in Colombia. Or any very ethnic looking people in power? Latin America is insanely racist and sexist.

19. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY

en la USA hablamos de raza todo el tiempo, es parte del discurso nacional...don't mind us colombo-americans.

20. ogopogo

ogopogo Member

Oct 13, 2005
    Lake Okanagan
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota

I'm from Bogota, I grew up there, and in my school and neighborhood the average kid looked like that. Of course there were some that were darker and several that were actually white. We even had a kid of Japanese parents. Same for Neiva where I spend a lot of time because one side of my family is from there. Maybe that's what/who I know, but those guys have a typical Colombian admixture to me. That's also reflected in my family. Most look like JR, some are whiter (even "white" by US standards) some are darker. It's no big deal, it's just the way it is.

Well, unfortunately there is a lot of truth to what you say here, you're right.

Well I think you're exaggerating a bit on your first point.
    At the same time, the NT is not a true reflection of Colombian ethnicities either, which in some way has to do with you wrote above. A good parallel would be the NBA in this country.

As far as racism and sexism in Colombia, I suppose that depends a lot on region and socioeconomic background.... I mean as a Junior fan, certainly would be familiar with the sexism part ;)

21. ogopogo

ogopogo Member

Oct 13, 2005
    Lake Okanagan
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota

That's true... sometimes is harmless sometimes it isn't. Sometimes it even borders on obsession in this country.

22. Uzuriaga

Uzuriaga Member+

Feb 9, 2009
    Estocolmo
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Speaking of ethnic groups in US isn't it funny that Blacks are considered one ethnic group and latinos another....I wonder how all the black colombians that immigrate to US feel like...in which group do they belong?

23. hanzellmo

hanzellmo Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Bogota
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Super minority?

24. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

In the US every application now or census has are you latino? as the 1st question hahaha

then it is are you white(caucasin), black, asian,, native american, other not latino.....

:D I check off asian to ******** with them:D

25. ogopogo

ogopogo Member

Oct 13, 2005
    Lake Okanagan
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota

If you ask idiots like Torii Hunter, then black Colombians or black latinos in general are not real blacks, they're "impostors".