Jamaica to Recruit Nine England-based Players

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by DearGodNotBornstein, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Isn't English a well known and respected language in Jamaica?

2. Ev-ron

Ev-ron Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    [​IMG]

RAHEEM STERLING IN JAMAICA Playing with his friends...

...In my defense repped this.
  3. Ev-ron

Ev-ron Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Are we in English class now! who is grading!!!!

4. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Its just better to put words together in an order and in the right tense so others can understand your points better. So since you have the choice..........

5. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    well months back I posted a list of 15-20+ English-Jamaicans from EPL and Championship.............and thought if they all played for Jamaica they would make the world cup.
    it was in an "other teams" thread somewhere.

6. DearGodNotBornstein

Aug 16, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Huh, curious why they're only going to talk to nine then. Were the ones they're leaving out from your list older/not as talented?

7. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    Found the post, just copying it here. There has been a lot of movement in the last year so dont know if everybody is still in the top 2 tier level.

Within an instant Jamaica could become top 2 or 3 team in CONCACAF. the list of English-Jamaicans who could play for them in 2014 is very impressive....

Jermaine Pennant 28----midfielder—Stoke—EPL
    Nile Ranger 20--striker----New Castle—EPL
    Jay Simpson: 20—striker at Millwall- on loan from Hull City---Championship
    Sanchez Watt 20---winger—Arsenal reserves--- EPL (Jamaican father, Welch mother) England U16 -17 -19
    Nigel Nieta 17---striker--- Arsenal EPL (just sign professional contract with Arsenal in august)
    Andre Wisdom- 18---defender--- Liverpool reserves---EPL
    Chris Humphrey 22---winger---- Motherwell ---Scottish PL
    Jermaine Beckford 27 ---Stiker---Leicester--- champ.
    Luke Hubbins 19---winger---Birmingham city ----Champ.
    Jobi Mcanuff 30 next month---midfielder---Champ.
    Daniel Gordon 26---midfielder-- Rot-Wei§ Oberhausen--- Bundesliga 2.
    Zavon Hines 22—attacking Midfielder---Burnley---Champ.
    Darren Pratley 26 –holding Midfielder ---Bolton---EPL
    Daniel Sturridge 22 – full attacking weapon---Chelsea ---EPL
    Sylvan Ebanks-Blake 25----Striker--- Wolves ---EPL
    Karl Henry 29---midfielder----captain of Wolves—EPL
    Remie Street 17 -- November—center back-----New Castle ----EPL
    Mark Little 23-- defender-- Peterborough United ---Champ.
    MARVIN ELLIOT 25 ---midfielder---BRISTOL CITY ---Champ.
    DANNY SIMPSON 24 -----RIGHT BACK---- NEW CASTLE (EPL)
    LEWIS MCGOGAN 23----- attacking midfielder ---NATT. FOREST (CH)
    NATHAN DYER 23 -----winger ---SWANSEA CITY (EPL)
    SCOTT SINCLAIR 22 ------winger ------ SWANSEA CITY (EPL)
    JAY NOTHROYD 29---- striker ----QPR (EPL)
    RAHEEM STERLING 17 -----WINGER –LIVERPOOL (EPL)
    LLOYD DOYLEY, 28, ----C. Back ---- WATFORD (both parents Jamaican.) Champ.
    ADRIAN MARIAPPA 24, ----C. Back ---- WATFORD ( mother is Jamaican fatherfrom Fiji).

http://www.thereggaeboyz.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=185386

DearGodNotBornstein repped this.
  8. Ironkick14

Ironkick14 Member+

Sep 29, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If everyone on that list opted to play for Jamaica they would definitely be even with the US and Mexico. Luckily for both those countries, the majority of that list will never play for Jamaica.

9. SweetLife

SweetLife Red Card

Oct 4, 2010
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sturridge has already played a full international for England... He is not eligible for Jamaica! What the list does show is if Jamaica got adequate soccer infrastructure they would be a VERY big problem for Mexico and the United States. Of course the united States and Mexico don't have that level of infrastructure and footballing system either.

10. DearGodNotBornstein

Aug 16, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He said it was an old list when he posted it. But yes, their natural athletic ability is impressive. If they got their structure together, they could be a CONCACAF power.

11. SweetLife

SweetLife Red Card

Oct 4, 2010
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be honest though most of those players are not world class...Most are simply average players with good training. That team would not be better than even the Nigerian national team. A team which by the next world cup would have failed to make it out of the group stages for the last 16 years.

12. DearGodNotBornstein

Aug 16, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. I'm guessing that's why they're only (at least publicly) going after nine. They probably figure a lot of those guys aren't really good enough to bother with so they're focusing on difference-makers. If I were them though, I would make a dedicated effort to get a lot of the younger ones. Guys like Andre Wisdom could potentially be big for them, though there's the difficulty of a lot of the better ones wanting to hold out for England until they're older. Realistically, Jamaica will pull the guys who aren't quite top level.

13. SweetLife

SweetLife Red Card

Oct 4, 2010
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right now any EPL or Championship quality player would make a difference. The EPL and Championship is better than the MLS and the Championship is at least on par with the Mexican league if not better. With those players and the experiences they have anything can happen! Lets be honest most of the teams they have to beat to qualify don't have the quality to get out of the group stages of the world cup and don't have players that are on demand at even the Championship level!

14. DearGodNotBornstein

Aug 16, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, ones that are starting for the first team, sure, but the list is just players that belong to those teams. Many of them I know, but there are plenty that I have no idea about their form and playing time/place on the team. I'm not going to get into a debate about relative strength of leagues, but I find it completely plausible that their MLS/Scandinavian guys would be better than some of those players.

15. SweetLife

SweetLife Red Card

Oct 4, 2010
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes some are but, add these guys to the players they already have and the team would automatically become the 3rd best on paper in the region and, very capable of beating the us and Mexico without it being a lucky win!

16. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    So much speculation from both sides of the divide.

Looking forward to seeing what happens on the field

17. sacpasse87

sacpasse87 Member

Nov 8, 2007
    Beijing
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is Lionel Messi in Haiti

[​IMG]

18. DearGodNotBornstein

Aug 16, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it too late for him to file a one-time switch?

19. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Watford created Barnes.

Ricketts? What about the guy who played in goal against us? At any rate, you guys need to look for a keeper on that shopping trip in England before anything else.

Fanatical Monk repped this.
  20. sacpasse87

sacpasse87 Member

Nov 8, 2007
    Beijing
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FIFA has agreed that The UN will sign a Security Council Resolution allowing him to do so along with 8 other players. This will shake up Concacaf as Haiti will be the new dominant power. Trust me guys

See what I did there...

21. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    Yup.

22. jahman

jahman Member

Aug 18, 2000
    Outside Reggae Land
    The Messi reference is even more idiotic than some of the most idiotic claims in this thread.

23. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    It is nice to see the Jamaican supporters confident and proud of their team but it is a bit delusional to think that this team is on par with the USA. Can they get there? Sure, but this hex is going to be very difficult for Jamaica to prove it. I doubt the Jamaicans can get a point on the road. Central America and Mexico have not been kind too Jamaica (and I doubt that changes any time soon).

24. lucky4life

lucky4life New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    so wait a minute not one jamaican born on the team except Ricketts and Raheem Sterlin that if we get him,and make it worst no jamaican born on the bench,shit this is not a jamaican team this is more like a english team

25. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Rumors are Thiago Messi will represent the Haiti U-17 squad for years to come before he turns 15