Jamaica to Recruit Nine England-based Players

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by DearGodNotBornstein, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You keep saying that, but that's not what the linked articles say. It sounds like the federation is asking them, not the other way around.

2. an1310

an1310 Member+

Jun 2, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    This makes about as much sense as Snoop Lion.

sacpasse87 repped this.
  3. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    The Hex is going to be brutal, even more so if Jamaica is successful on its recruitment drive.

Fanatical Monk repped this.
  4. Ironkick14

Ironkick14 Member+

Sep 29, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Based on the celebration when the current Jamaica team beat the US in Jamaica for the first time EVER, I would say they do not think its a walk over, especially since it took two set pieces after the US scored about a minute into the game, then proceeded to out possess the Jamaicans even on that crappy field. And considering the return leg, when they barely touched the ball, they should know exactly where they stand compared to the US team. Considerably lower.

sacpasse87 repped this.
  5. Ironkick14

Ironkick14 Member+

Sep 29, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You sir, are delusional. Getting these players would undoubtedly make your team stronger. But no one here is mad. If there are better players in your player pool, of course the federation should attempt to get them to play for the NT. We are doing the same things with dual national American citizens. Of course we are, they make us better. Also, the vast majority of our players are not MLS players. So no one is comparing them to MLS players. Although Landon Donovan would certainly have something to say about MLS players being a joke. So would half your NT. We are not comparing these players to MLS career players. We are comparing them to Clint Dempsey, Michael Bradley, Fabian Johnson, Jozy Altidore (hopefully), Landon Donovan (hes a career MLSer, but is a special case), Tim Howard, Jermaine Jones, Danny Williams, etc.
    If you watched that game in Columbus, you saw the gap in class. The same thing would happen on a neutral field that allowed us to play our game. That doesnt mean you cant win against us at home. But in Brazil in 2014, there wont be any bad fields. As for the players having to adapt to the style of play, your NT coach should really adapt to theirs to maximize your teams potential. The MLS players are getting used to possession style soccer more and more every year as the coaches go to it. And the English players all would benefit from it. The dump and run your team currently plays would limit the effectiveness of any of the players, especially Holliet or Sterling. Granted those are the two you probably wont get, but thats beside the point.

6. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jesus,it's 97 hex all over again on the intertubes.

Let's all respect each ither's games please,and let it sort out on the pitch.

7. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    and let the lelz roll

8. Ironkick14

Ironkick14 Member+

Sep 29, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From you maybe.

9. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    from here to Mexico brah. I'm pretty sure Simpson is a better player. I don't need eyes to figure that one out.

we got all night

10. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    No, we must pose and beat our own chests.

11. drgonzo

drgonzo Member+

Jun 1, 2011
    Club:
    San Diego Flash
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Post of the year.

12. Bonus_Game

Bonus_Game Member

Sep 30, 2007
    San Francisco
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jamaica shouldn't worry anybody. They are by far the weakest team in the hex and I would be SHOCKED if they didn't finish last.

13. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I think you're confusing them with Costa Rica. Jamaica is second worst in the hex imo, but not by alot

14. TheDread

TheDread Member

Aug 17, 2004
    If you watched the game in Jamaica you might have suspected that the JA was a class above the US. In the Columbus game our inexperienced coach deployed a very poor strategy. After the US scored and Jamaica was forced to play ball your so called gap in class disappeared. On a neutral field the past two games suggest a draw. And, you have not been watching JA play because the "dump and run" you allude to is not JA's mantra for at least 4 years. Sterling is the an unsure get for Jamaica, but Hoilett is a done deal if the coaching staff feels he is committed to the cause. Most of the MLS players will not start on a full strength Jamaica team (even without the nine new English based players).

15. TheDread

TheDread Member

Aug 17, 2004
    This has to be one of the strongest hex's in recent memory; there are no pushovers in the group. In the past we could say the US and Mexico are locks and that Costa Rica and Honduras would fight it out for the other 2 spots with JA and Panama bringing up the rear. Not so this go around. Mexico might be the closest thing to a lock, but their spot is still quite shaky. Any team in this group could push for the top 3. It's going to be a fun ride and will leave some hearts broken.

16. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I expect to go to Rio bruh bruh. idk about you, but I fully believe nine english players or not, Honduras is goin to Rio.

17. TheDread

TheDread Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Let me help you, they are not english players. They are Jamaicans based in England.

18. Ev-ron

Ev-ron Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Sterling and his manager will meet with Burrel and John Barnes, John Barnes the best player Liverpool has ever created who use to be Jamaica coach who is also Jamaican. the team could look like this. the ones with the ** are the ones they already have

--------------------------------------------------------Ricketts**---------------------------------------------------------

Cummings**-------------------------Marriappa**--------------Nugs'y**----------------Danny Simpson**-------------------------------------

Hoilett------------------Jobi McAnuff**-------------------------------------------Scott Sinclair----------------Raheem Sterlin----------------------------

----------------------------------Jermaine Beckford** ---------------------------------KING**----------------------------------------

BENCH

Defenders
    Leon Barnett
    Mark Little

Midfield
    Nathan Dyer **
    Gareth McCleary **
    Darren Pratley **
    Simon Dawkins ***

Forward
    Jay Bothroyd
    Sylvan Ebanks Blake **

19. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    I'd ask you if you were serious but sadly I already know the answer.

20. Ev-ron

Ev-ron Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Everyone has their own Opinion, Jamaica won at home, US won their home game. I'm very excited about the HEX, and lets all hope Jamaica get Sterling this would make the HEX even more exciting to watch around the world, along with the fact that its going to be a brutal HEX, Concacaf cup Might start getting more respect, hopeful very soon we get another seat in the world cup total of 4.

21. Ironkick14

Ironkick14 Member+

Sep 29, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd be extremely interested to know how you dont need to see players play to know whos better, since the lack of eyes would make seeing the players play pretty tough.

22. drgonzo

drgonzo Member+

Jun 1, 2011
    Club:
    San Diego Flash
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems like you really like Sterling. He's a very good young player from the few games I've seen but a 24 year old Dyer would start over a 17 year old Sterling any day of the week. I've seen tons of Dyers games and he's a fantastic player. He's much more complete and tricky a player then Sterling is at the moment. If any Swansea winger should have gone to Man City it should have been Dyer. Also Hoilet is also a better player at the moment then Sterling.

Sterling has grown up in England, learned to play in England, represents England at the youth levels, plays for a legendary English club under the England captain in a country that prizes soccer above all other sports. Sterling isn't switching to Jamaica just because he was born there. Jamaica might get lucky one cycle and make a World Cup but a player like him has people in his corner that will see that and advise him to not risk it. He's probably taking the meeting to appease his mother, to be polite to the representatives from his birth country, show the Jamaican people that he was open to playing for them but the delegates couldn't convince him to switch so he doesn't get blamed in the future, and to add a bit of pressure on the FA.

Also that lineup will never see the field.

23. Ev-ron

Ev-ron Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC

And you know this why?? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Barnes_(footballer) This guy. He is the one thats gonna seeing Sterling in a Reggae Boyz shirt, He been in Sterling position and he is his mentor. That line up is likely to happen. and you know it... Everyone Knows and fear to see it.

24. drgonzo

drgonzo Member+

Jun 1, 2011
    Club:
    San Diego Flash
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you say so. I don't want to bash on your dreams. But can you please come back when Sterling gets capped by England?

25. Ev-ron

Ev-ron Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    OK for argument seek Lets say We dont get Sterling or Scott....

How Likely is this LINEUP

-------------------------------------------------------Ricketts**---------------------------------------------------------

Cummings**-------------------------Marriappa**--------------Nugs'y**----------------Danny Simpson**-------------------------------------

Hoilett------------------Jobi McAnuff**-------------------------------------------Gareth McCleary **----------------Nathan Dyer **----------------------------

----------------------------------Jermaine Beckford** ---------------------------------KING**----------------------------------------

BENCH

Defenders
    Leon Barnett
    Mark Little

Midfield
    Darren Mattocks
    Darren Pratley **
    Simon Dawkins ***

Forward
    Jay Bothroyd
    Sylvan Ebanks Blake **