Jack McInerney. When should he get a NT call-up and when should he head to Europe?

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by LouisianaViking07/09, May 12, 2013.

1. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    This kid should have been preparing to go to Europe. But alas that goal drought. He did score before last season ended right?

2. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea and I think he has one this year as well. Also an assist this year too.

3. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Yes, in October, to end a four-and-a-half month drought.

4. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Klopas hints Di Vaio, McInerney partnership may come soon
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...ints-jack-mcinerney-marco-di-vaio-strike-part

5. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Scored in his debut:

6. TabLalas

TabLalas Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like I said, this was best for Jack Mac.
    I'm not holding it against the kid at all, it was like a divorce that needed to happen.
    Not the least surprising that he found the net his first game, Wenger scored in his first game for the Union to.

7. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Can u go into details? I don't follow the club.

8. TabLalas

TabLalas Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just from a chemistry perspective.
    Mac is one of those players that gets into his own head too much and once that slumped started and the bizarre way that he was missing the net, kinda figured it was all down hill from there.
    I'm not a big Hackworth fan either, I think he's in over his head.
    I think a Sigi Schmid or Jason Kries would have been able to guide Mac out of his funk, Hackworth wasnt the guy to do it.
    I don't blame Mac at all, he's a good kid who's a little moody that's all.
    It clearly has worked for both parties and wouldn't surprise me to see Mac go on to have a 10 goal season.

slitz and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  9. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jack never had another striker to play off of, he would never have received a pass like he did from Di Vaio. He didn't fit into Hackworth's system which isolated him as the central forward too often--that does not play to his strengths. I'm happy for the kid he has the chance to play along side a quality forward.

10. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    what's the update on Jack Mac?

11. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many goals would he score if he were in Zardes' situation in LA? Say he had Keane and Donovan feeding him the ball and creating space.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  12. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Probably 20 or so.

13. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I can't believe he hasn't had some interest from abroad. Especially last summer. Holland or Belgium or Championship or 2 Bundesliga. Most of these young guys make the mistake of spending too much time in MLS and their window of opportunity closes.

14. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Young attackers in MLS do appear to hit a wall after a few years in the league. Gil, Fagundez, Nagbe and JacMac are just a handful of the better prospects who's development appears to have taken a serious hit after 2-3 years.

15. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    So we're now at the All-Star game and McInerney has 4 goals in 17 games. Can anyone who has followed Montreal much this season comment on how he's looked? Has he been getting much service, playing time, etc.?

At any rate, I can't imagine the Drogba signing augurs well for him...

16. Gamecock14

Gamecock14 Member+

May 27, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    A player with similar age, Juan Agudelo, has scored 4 goals in 20 games for a much better team.

17. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Dude should have gone to Europe years ago.

18. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Different situations. Agudelo's playing out of position as a winger, so four goals from an outside midfield position is not bad. He'd probably have closer to ten if Heaps was playing him as a CF.

From what I understand, McInerney's playing as a CF. I'd still like to see him get minutes, but MLS doesn't help its own reputation sometimes when teams sign 37 year old washed up strikers.

19. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Porter's better anyway. Jack will be relegated back to the bench next year, where he belongs.

20. TheHoustonHoyaFan

Oct 14, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agudelo is not even good enough at the moment to be starting for NE. He lost the CF job to Davis and the AML job to Fagundez.

I guess just another coach who does not realise that Juan is a "good" player and is playing "bad" players ahead of him.

Deep slumps repped this.
  21. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Every attacking player in that lineup has taken their turn going to the bench for a few games. Heaps plays the hot hand since they have a lot of good attacking players.

He's not a winger anyway. He's done an admirable job trying to play out of position, but it's the coach's fault that he's not using his players properly.

Davies hasn't even done that well. He has a very pedestrian 7 goals, a tally that Agudelo would probably best if he had been playing as a striker, but Heaps is showing why he isn't a good coach. Way too stubborn.

22. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agudelo was a free agent for over 6 months with offers from a number of clubs in different leagues. You'd figure at least a few of them would have played him at his preferred position. Utrecht did. He wasn't getting those offers as a potential winger.

Yet Juan decided to blow off all those opportunities and go play for that bad coach in Heaps(according to you), back for the same club he wanted to leave previously so frankly, he has no one to blame but himself. The boy was free. This isn't like he got drafted into a bad situation.

Just as dumb btw was signing a 4 yr deal with NE and locking himself into this situation when a club like Anderlecht offered him an 18 month contract. That quickly gives options to move on.

23. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    You are making this into a problem.

I wasn't the one that brought it up. I was just responding to what was said.

24. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agudelo has the talent, you see things he does that Jozy, Johannson and Zardes can't. Incredibly frustrating career so far.