J3 2014

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by OishiiUdon, Sep 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    [​IMG]

J3 (J-League 3) to start in 2014.
    Official website: http://j3.j-league.or.jp

Looks like the J-League is going to be extended to a third division, I assume it's an attempt to make easier the integration of JFL players that, as you may know, are not considered professionals.

A stronger base of the pyramid could help consolidate football in Japan, allowing amateur players to have a chance to enter a professional league. I think it's a good move.

Their website is only in Japanese but they show this pretty intuitive diagram:

[​IMG]

What do you think ?​

Whispered11 repped this.
  2. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  3. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    WTF I had no idea, maybe because the name of that thread is not related to J3, but anyway, you can delete this topic then.

4. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    No, no worries. That topic's name is different. It's not just about J3.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  5. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    So tell me if I got this correctly

J1 - 18 teams ( 2 move from J1->J2 / 2 move to J2->J1 each year)
    J2 - 22 teams ( 2 move to J1 / 2 move to J3 each year)
    J3 - 12 teams ( 2 move to J2 / 2 move to JFL League each year)

JFL basically becomes 4th tier
    Regional Leagues 5th tier

Correct?

Also how many teams in the "new" JFL?

6. -Kodemari

-Kodemari Member

Jan 15, 2012
    Trento, Italy
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I *think* the boundary between J3 and JFL will stay as it was between JFL and J2- no relegations, and on the other side only clubs which fulfill some requirements get promoted to J3.

7. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Firstly I think there will be a bigger gap between J2 and J3 than most people expects. Currently Kamatamare, Kanazawa and Machida are the only of the 19 J3 candidates that sought for a J2 license. Exept when Nagano gets their new stadium built, most clubs discusses how they will get an 5000 seater stadium ready.

Also JFL seems to decide to go for 14 clubs and not 12 clubs next season so we can expect 8 clubs getting out of Regional leagues this end of season.

8. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I wonder how they're going to go financially in J3. It must be a really hard task to make a 3rd division of a national league feasible. Then again somehow JFL works.

9. artml

artml Member

Liverpool FC
    Ukraine
    Jul 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Those three sought for 2014 license, but in a year I believe there will be more candidates.

10. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently the following clubs will be approved for J.League associate membership on September 17, bringing the total to 16:

JFL
    Fukushima United, Fujieda MYFC (Shizuoka), FC Ryukyu (Okinawa)
    Regional Leagues
    Vanrare Hachinohe (Aomori), tonan Maebashi (Gunma), azul claro NUMAZU (Shizuoka), Nara Club

Source: http://www.sanspo.com/soccer/news/20130912/jle13091223130005-n1.html

11. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
  12. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    As I said just up the problem is probably more that the jump from J3 to J2 is probably bigger than from regionals to J3.

Firstly the stadium issue: Besides Nagano and Akita I cant see others than the 3 that applied for J2 license this year that could make the stadium requirements in near future....... ok when Yamaguchi gets up......... but that can take some years still.......

Economically only 8-9 clubs among the 19 applicants has a turnover around or more than 100 million yen this year. J-League has stated that the clubs would need atleast 200 million yen in turnover to make it in J3 and still theres a big jump to 500-600 million yen a small J2 club has. For the last several seasons a club getting promoted from JFL to J2 has had a turnover of at least 300 million yen in their last season in the JFL.

Sportingly among the the 12 JFL teams applying for J3, Nagano and Kanazawa beat J sides in emperors cup, Kamatamares squad is OK but under pressure and their finances is not that strong.

I seriously wont see any changes for 2014 season. Besides teams as Morioka, Nara and Yamaguchi might have good backup from local governments but no competitive team.

13. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want to see an Okinawa side in the J.League. FC Ryukyu to J3 just might be the thing.

14. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Basically the only thing standing between FC Ryukyu and J-League is that the League accepts the new parent organisation.

15. Hachiko

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully that can get that thing sorted out sooner than later.

16. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Everybody are talking about the uncernaty of the clubs economy and joining J3. However There income in JFL are one of the best and have their own media deal. They have relations to Malaysia a country the J-League really wants a partnership in, and Okinawa is working on 2 seperate stadium projects one of them a 20.000 allseater. I really cant see a reason why they should be turned down.

Also hearing from experts in JFL I heard that even YSCC is like 95% sure of J3 so the only uncernaty is will it be Hachinohe, Morioka or a 3rd. possibility that takes the last and 11th. spot in J3.

17. Hachiko

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If they're in the right direction, that is a good thing. Good to hear! :)

18. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Its only the big red deficit the club has carried on that made J-League to be negative towards the club joining. This offcourse has forced the club and the owner Kaneko to restructure (Mr.Kaneko personally eating the deficit) only this has made the process this year to join J3 as they were a bit behind compared to the other JFL clubs. However their turnower is twice than a club as Kamatamare.

In my eyes its more clubs like Fujieda, YSCC and the single regional league club that will join, the J-League will have sleepless nights over.

Hachiko repped this.
  19. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So if I understand this correctly, these will mostly likely be the slot assignments for the J3 League in 2014:

1. Loser of 2013 J2/JFL playoff (J2 21st place vs. JFL 2nd place)
    2. 22nd place in 2013 J2
    3 - 10. All other JFL associate members
    11. 1 Regional League associate member with the highest table finish in the 2013 Promotion League
    12. Japan U-21 team (Rio Olympics squad)

20. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Yes according to sources around only one regional Team will be among these 12 starting members and sporting results for 2013 season will count as the factor if they get a J3 license.

Right now this club seems to be Hachinohe. Grulla, Tonan Maebashi and Azul Claro can still take the championship in their leagues, but Hachinohe can decide by themselves. If Hachinohe cruises the tohoku championship home, Grulla Morioka can only get the spot through ending in top 3 maybe top 4 at the shakaijin cup (like Yamaguchi the same situation) and get a spot for the all regionals and then be better than Hachinohe.
    Nara 100% out.

The 4 clubs can though hope that Hachinohes stadium wont get accepted, then the best of Morioka, Yamaguchi, Tonan Maebashi, Azul Claro get the spot.

21. -Kodemari

-Kodemari Member

Jan 15, 2012
    Trento, Italy
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What are the stadium requirements? Because Hachinohe either plays at Nango or Towada but both fields- from photos and recordings- still look like Regional League fields.

It would be awesome if Vanraure was picked as a J3 member next season already, as I really liked their team throughout the season (yay for Ustream highlights) and I like how they built such a strong side using local players and mostly unknown names; out of the current starting 11, only Tsuruno and Terui have J.League/JFL experience.

(now we just have to not drop any points, especially against Ganju)

22. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Its 5000 seats. (plus those medical rooms 500 lux etc.)

Hachinohe has submitted Higashi Undo Kouen as their main stadium which probably arent enough too and Towada and Nango as secondary stadiums, however they have a plan for a 5000 seated stadium so they have stated something like they hope J-League will accept one of the stadiums.

23. m_darmanto

m_darmanto Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    Would you summarize it, please? :) - I can't read Nihongo, except katakana & hiragana.

24. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Tochigi UVA, that was change the management organisation from a NPO to Company
    they needed to strenghten their front room staff and to strenghten their support groups (Which I would understand as strenghten the relation to the local governments and chambers of commerce).

Mio: Basically they need to make their plans more concrete, strenghten their organisation on all fronts not only personally. Basically you get the impression that Mio got 1 out of 100 right.

m_darmanto repped this.