PBP: J27 La Liga 12/13 | FC Barcelona v Deportivo La Coruna | 9 March 2013 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by .Azulgrana., Mar 5, 2013.

1. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    MavadoDribblez repped this.
  2. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    A lot of things today we haven't seen in awhile. Hopefully we'll also produce a performance that we haven't seen in a big match for awhile on Tuesday as well. Pleased with this.

MavadoDribblez repped this.
  3. MavadoDribblez

MavadoDribblez Member+

Feb 7, 2008
    Ontario
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Classic Messi goal. Alexis goal and assist. Double pivot. CLEAN SHEET with a solid defensive performance. I know it's all relative, given our opponents, but this is a good confidence booster. Oh, need I mention three more points?

4. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Boys in respect to the last few games, this song says it all in preparing for the Milan game

5. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Good to get the 3 points today ... but it doesn't really change much my feelings about Tuesday. It's going to be extremely hard to get past Milan.

6. El Guero Sin Fe

Sep 27, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Mission accomplished in this match: 3 points.

7. tadm123

tadm123 Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    He thrives in open spaces because of his amazing speed, in tight spaces I wouldn't consider him a better option than say Alexis or even Villa.

And Messi absolutely unstopabble, I hope we get to see him this lively on Tuesday. We need him to.

8. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Finally a win with a clean sheet. Not everyday that happens in our camp.

Alexis finally playing well. Nice performance by him and he probably won a spot for the Milan game. I still think we will need Villa out there as well though. I don't know exactly how that will work though. And I don't agree with most people here that don't want Pedro out there, I wouldn't mind, he usually does well in big games. He and Villa are also threats from outside the area, something that Alexis isn't.

Great game Alves. He was everywhere today.

There have been some talk lately about us starting with a "doble pivote" against Milan. Mascherano and Pique have been mentioned but not Song. I believe he is the obvious choice if that happens. Mascherano should start over Pique in the defense as well. Pique hasn't been good lately and Milan will only attack with counter attacks, which means Mascherano will be more useful with his speed.

Song has been great lately when he has been playing. Today when Busquets came on he stayed at the DM position, but after a few minutes they switched. Song then played in a more advanced role, a role which he is used to play in from his time at Arsenal. I think it was tried because the coaches are thinking about trying to play him together with Busquets(against Milan or in the future) but also because it's not sure Xavi will be back for that game.

Great to see Puyol getting furious right after Messi's goal when Depor had a half chance. We need that leader out there.

.Azulgrana. repped this.
  9. the one and only

Jul 15, 2011
    The thing is that he had space but couldn't get passed anybody. The truth is that he's just not very good

10. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  11. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Absolutely magical goal by messi..

There were plenty of out if this world plays aswell ;)

12. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    just an interesting fact , Pinto became the oldest player to participate in a game with barcelona in its history in laliga after doing so while having 37 years and 121 days :D

[​IMG]

13. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Good performance, considering some wasteful chances in first half. Great to see a clean sheet. Second goal is a passing move goal we havent seen for quite some time.

The Milan game is still going to be a though one but at least Andres and Messi did not play full mins today and we're a step closer for La liga.

14. NYfan

NYfan Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yeah, that one touch dink over the keeper was really special. Nice assist by Alexis too :thumbsup:

15. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I agree with you, people are reading too much into a performance against a awful team. Even this game highlighted our recent issues, we had to wait till the 87th minute to score the second goal and of course it was Messi who scored. The game is going to have no bearing at all on the Milan match.

16. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    Yes, we apologize for celebrating a win that oversaw some things we haven't seen much of lately (one-two pass goals, clean sheet, opponent getting no shots on goal, Messi rested, Puyol commanding the backline, etc.).

We all know this game was just a good practice ahead of Milan, but still we can enjoy this win for now. Not that anyone is on about it anymore anyways, everyone's minds have shifted to Tuesday's game now.

17. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Grow up mate, if you can't even take a mild remark about perhaps, just perhaps, not going over the top about beating a team that is doomed to relegation and had picked up 16 points in La Liga all season then perhaps you should stick to reading Mills and Boon.

18. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It has nothing to do with the rank position of our opponent. Look at Real, who got the better of them this season? Barca & MU? no, it's mid and low table team. You cant underestimate their quality, in fact any team that playing in La liga instead of Segunda are capable of beating each other.

Plus, its the first time we didnt conceided in last 15 matches and Deportivo scored 4 goals against us few months back.

19. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I can ignore it, unless you have passed some legislation saying that I can't. Also I am not ignoring it, I said that not to much emphasis should be placed on it, presumably that is ok with you, can I say that, let me know.

20. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Sorry guys, but I am with Leon on this one. Given our recent history, I think a "good" game in La Liga against weak opposition is no measuring stick for a game against a quality opponent who has proven to be able to defend well. Not only that, but most of the players who played in this game (Pinto, Masch, Adriano, Thiago, Song, Villa, Tello, and maybe even Fabs) won't be starting against Milan.

I'd say at most this was a slight confidence booster. Nothing more. For example ... Messi's goal was nice, but there is no way a Milan defender will let him dribble that easily (the defender he got past right before he dishes the ball to Alexis).

21. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Like this?

Its been a while since Messi really look determined like that.

22. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That 2nd video is a good one. He had to really work hard to get to that ball.

23. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    Who is going over the top about this game? All I've seen is people being pleased to see some of the old things that made us tick and cut teams apart which is what we will need against Milan and that was about it.

You're the one who needs to grow up if you take every comment towards you as if it is an insult. It's the internet. If you want to pick fights, go to the Real Madrid forum or the English forums. I don't care nor do I want to waste my time on someone like you who has never a constructive thing to say.

NYfan repped this.