J16 | Liga BBVA | Villarreal CF vs FC Barcelona | 21 Dec 08 | Pre/Dur/Post Match Discussion [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Dec 15, 2008.

1. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Just stick to puma, i have issues with lions (the team i hate the most in honduras, the lpbs of honduran futbol are the lions)

2. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's not forget the soon to be 0 - 16 Detroit Lions.

3. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    AKA the Domitable Lions :D

4. futbolmad

futbolmad New Member

Jan 2, 2005
    I would love to see Eto'o score at least a goal, possibly more in the coming game. He is obviously obsessed with breaking his own, possibly other, records. Good for him, good for the team.

5. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    It's about time he got another Pichichi too.

6. Bojan1

Bojan1 Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Last game of the year this one. Really hope we finish it on a high note, although I`d settle with a draw too. Villarreal is a team that didn`t suit us in previous years

7. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'd like to see us take three points here, but we've been on an amazing run and I'd gladly take one point out of this to seal an amazing beginning of the season.

8. Richarded

Richarded Member

May 16, 2006
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    i'd rather take all three

9. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Agreed. So far, we've been seemingly invincible against the 'big teams'. It is absolutely necessary to keep that image going as long as possible in order to keep a firm stranglehold over La Liga.

By sweeping the gauntlet, we further take away any hope of championship aspirations that other teams may have (specifically LPB). We want every other team to know this league is a race for second place once the league resumes next year. We have La Liga by it's balls, we need to keep it like that :cool:

10. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You guys are unrealistic, a draw would be a great result from this game and cap off an amazing run.

That said, I think we'll take the three. But I'm not greedy.

11. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Yellow Subs have beaten FCB three straight times in La Liga. I truly hope Pep has these guys focussed after the LPB match, and the post-clásico celebrations don't result in pre-Villareal hangovers. Dammit, I want a win.

12. LondonCule

LondonCule Member

Apr 20, 2008
    I'm sorry, what?

Sevilla 0 - 3 Barcelona
    Barcelona 4-0 Valencia
    Barcelona 2-0 Real Madrid

Impossible is literally nothing for this team.

I win here is paramount, draw would be bearable but as Hendrix and the other guys have stated we need another win to really confirm league domination.

13. USCule

USCule Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    9-0 during the "tough" stretch of the season. Yowwwwwza.

14. Chicken Wings

Chicken Wings Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Espect Villarreal to come out with guns blazing. They will not bunker like the Putos Blancos. They are at home and they are NOT a defensive team. They play ball, Barca style. That Rossi kid (Italian/American by the way...) is very much a threat. The kid is gonna go all out.

That said, Barca should confortably get a draw. And a Draw on the road is always a good thing. But because Villarreal will be attacking, there will be lots of holes on the field for Barca to take advantage from.

My expected starting eleven:

--------------------Valdes---------------------
    ----------Marquez-------------Puyol-----------
    Alves------------------------------------Abidal

---------------------KEITA--------------------
    --------Xavi--------------------Busquets-----

---Messi------------------------------Henry---
    ----------------------Eto'o--------------------

But who knows what Pep is gonna do. Iniesta may be brought in late in the game if we need him, so he's the ace in the whole. He may give that perpetual, bumblin, lanky, off pace, Gudjohnson the start instead of Busquets. And he may even replace Henry for Hleb (which I strongly would suggest to him to do) in the second half.

15. MavadoDribblez

MavadoDribblez Member+

Feb 7, 2008
    Ontario
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I would like to see Yaya start this one if he's feeling better. I think the past four matches have seen him utterly dominate. Other than that....I think the lineup predicted looks "gud".

16. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Marquez started training with the rest of the squad but then left and trained alone with one of the fitness coaches as the pain in his leg is back and the probability of him missing the trip to Villarreal is big.

17. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Past results don't guarantee future returns. That said, we are in a great stretch of form obviously and it isn't impossible or even improbable that we won't win. I just think it's unrealistic to expect to not pick up a few draws here and there. A draw here doesn't do us much damage. The most important thing is not to lose. We'd still have, at worst, a 6 point lead on the rest of the league at the break.

18. 35mmMessiah

35mmMessiah Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Canuckville
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Montserrat
    That's hugely disappointing. :( But, you know Pop, he still has other able, capable, children in his family.
    It'll be a tough one, no doubt, but if we keep playing like we know we can, we should get positive results.

Visca el Barça!

19. LondonCule

LondonCule Member

Apr 20, 2008
    Agreed. Look at Villareals form aswell. Latley they've been shocking and quite frankly the true colours of their squad depth has been show. Solid 11 weak bench.

20. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Villareal will be attacking, I'd like to see Keita, Busquets, and Hleb all start and Yaya and Henry rested. Márquez should certainly be rested, meaning it's either Piqué or Caceres back there. You know what that means... kiss the clean sheet all but goodbye. But hey, they can score one as long as FCB scores two.

21. Culé...

Culé... New Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Brooklyn, NY
    A win here is VERY, VERY important.

You see, the CL semifinals (I definitely fancy our chances of us making it) start around the same time that we go vs. Sevilla, Valencia, rm next year.

FCB - Sevilla 04.22
    Valencia - FCB 04.26
    Semi-finals, 1st leg 04.28/29
    rm - FCB 05.03
    Semi-finals, 2nd leg 05.05/06
    FCB - Villarreal 05.10

A win not only will keep all direct opposition at bay and have us almost clinch the league, but come these 3 weeks next yr. the team will be stretch to its limits.
    Wouldn't it be sweet to win La Liga, say, in Valencia (right b4 the semis) then go to the CL as Liga champions, then go to the bernabeu and have rm make a pasillo? Oh sweet payback. (I know, I know... I got a hard on too!):eek:

I'd say it is imperative that we get a win at El Madrigal this sunday.

22. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Let's not count our chickens before they hatch :eek:. I definitely 'fancy' our chances of making the quarter-finals but from then on, it's anybodies guess. It depends on how the draw pans out to see who we play in the quarters.

Then again, we haven't exactly beaten Lyon yet :p

23. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The squad list for the match has been announced by the club...

Valdés, Pinto
    Dani Alves, Piqué, Puyol, Abidal, Cáceres, Sylvinho
    Xavi, Hleb, Touré, Keita, Gudjohnsen, Sergio Busquets, Víctor Sánchez.
    Messi, Eto'o, Henry, Bojan

24. Me+11

Me+11 New Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Malaysia
    I almost forget that sylvinho is still in the club..

When will milito be back?

25. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Isn't Iniesta healthy now? Maybe Pep thinks he's not quite ready.