PBP: J15 La Liga 12/13 | Real Betis v FC Barcelona | 9 December 2012 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We just need someone to chip in with 15 goals, now Fabregas is out that's someone who could do that sidelined. But yeah, does seem silly to complain when we have made the best start in the history of La Liga.

2. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    With the way we play, and Messi plays, Falcao would be wasted here.

BocaFan and MISH repped this.
  3. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't agree with that, think he would fit in fine, would be nice to find out.

4. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    [​IMG]
    Who wouldn't want this on their team?^^^^
    Oh I'd would be amazing to find out.
    I think he's awesome....but I don't want to risk 50 million finding it out.

MISH repped this.
  5. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm sure Barca would love to sign him, what club wouldn't, but realistically they can't afford him.

6. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    we need to find 50 million and sign him, if we can sign wank like Ibrahimovic and song then we can sign Falcao

7. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Language mate, language. Besides Ibra is a brilliant player.

8. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not for us as such though

9. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    We're more than likely going to get Neymar for that kind of money so forget about getting Falcao as well.

I agree with some of you that it's not right to complain when we've had such a great start to the season, but Pedro and Alexis are not scoring at all now and that's worrying. It would be great for us if we had someone who could hit 20+ goals a season along with Messi, it'd take a load off of him and would be big for us in the long run. Neymar can be that player when he arrives but until then we have to stick with what we have. I still believe Villa and Cesc can both have 20 goal seasons this year, but I'd love it if Pedro and Alexis could step their game up too. We'd have one hell of an attack if they did.

10. NYfan

NYfan Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    wank :laugh:

Villa has been used sparingly and he played the full 90 against Benfica so I was not at all surprised he didn't start. Either he has become fragile or his fitness is still crap or Tito just doesn't trust him anymore, but he has been playing a lot of the less important games and rarely playing in two straight. :( I understand why he didn't start today though. This was a tough match - on the road, tough rival, 1 vs. 4 - so they started with the safe line-up - Iniesta in the forward line with Messi and the hard-working Pedro. He could have come on for Cesc but Alexis played well I thought (except for one terrible pass). And then it didn't make much sense to bring him in for Pedro when we needed possession as Celito said.

Anyway, this was a tough game. My theory is that the team lost their concentration and let up after scoring two relatively easy goals (Messi's goals, I know) and then changing their line-up twice and losing Puyol didn't help. The Seville crowds always seem really intimidating on TV too. Not that big of a surprise that it was hard.

I don't disagree with the Pedro issues, but don't forget that he scored a hat trick and brace for the Spanish national team in the past few months. Maybe (i hope) it is a mental block?

11. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Neymar is a big if, I mean if Barca do sign him it could be after the 2014 world cup. I don't think the club can put its hold tranfer policy on hold waiting to if the Neymar deal happens or not. If Falcao is unrealistic, how about Llorente, he is out of contract at the end of the season, could be brought in January for 6 or 7 million euros.

12. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    Yeah but he is so out of it when he gets the chances for us though. His goals for Spain lately are an indication of someone oozing in confidence and arrogance, but he looks anything but that when he gets in a scoring position for us these days. That shot he had today from the brilliant Alexis assist showed just how woeful he is right now. His confidence is shattered at the moment but he's been playing a lot of games. I don't get it. All I know is he really needs some sort of goal soon or this may get worse and worse.

I talked about Alexis' scoring issues in my last post, but I think he'll get one very soon if he keeps playing. Hopefully he'll start on Wednesday which is a good opportunity to get a goal.

Llorente won't be leaving in January. Athletic have already confirmed that they will not be selling him next month and we have already said we're not interesting in any winter signings.

I think there's a good chance we'll get Neymar this summer but we'll see. Long way to go.

13. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    See how hard it is to fit Villa in? Imagine a 50 million Falcao in the same situation.
    I think Falcao is better right now, but Neymar would probably fit in easier since he can play on the wings as well.

NYfan and celito repped this.
  14. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Villa had no problems fitting in under Pep. Either he is still some way from full fitness or Tito doesn't rate him like Pep did. It happens, after all Pep could not wait to get rid of Eto.

15. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I wish we could get Neymay in Jan but that ain;t going to happen

well looks ike I MIGHT have to kiss my bets goodbye at this rate

16. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    On another note, Messi has scored 15 out of his 23 goals in La Liga in away games. Completely opposite from last year, which some were using as criticism against him.

17. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That's incredible, but then he doesn't do ordinary does he.

18. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We're relying too much on Messi, Iniesta and Xavi to create the goal now. For how long we're going to keep going with Sanchez who never make himself look effective even when he played till the end? He was great players during Pep era and has scored in many finals. Sanchez does leave something to be desired.

19. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Messi should break the 90 mark easily as there are 4 more games which are on the 12, 16, 18 and 22 of December

I hope we can win all 4 and that will be a nice x-mas present for me from Barca

I wish we bought Tevex when we had the chance as another Arg would have been great and he can obviously speak Spanish, plays like us and must have a European passport by now

20. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Getting Tevez is a nonsense. Neymar would be great consideration though despite not having European football experience. He could play as wide forward which pretty much Pedro and Alexis position but Alexis never seems to have enough creativity to beat the defense from there and score.

21. MavadoDribblez

MavadoDribblez Member+

Feb 7, 2008
    Ontario
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    You know one player who does seem to have the natural ability to bedazzle and take on defenders 1-on-1? None other than Thiago. I'm not suggesting he's taking anyone's place or that he's better than Neymar or Falcao at the moment (we all know he's not, plus he's a MF)....but I was thinking back to when he had his chance at the end, I wasn't concerned about the ball being lost between his shuffling feet, or that his touch would be heavy.....I knew he'd make a chance either for himself or Messi....turns out though that he had his Pedro shoes on. In time, he could join the MF and we'd have Ineista, Cesc, and Thiago making runs into the box. One thing I'm noticing these days is that Xavi is having a shot a lot more than in the past few seasons.

It's not so bad that we're relying on Messi, Iniesta and Xavi to create goals for us, they are all elite players. I'm done defending Sanchez or Pedro, because they are forwards with no goals. However, they still do things like make runs that take defenders out of the picture and create space. Sanchez has now fallen into the disappointment category along with Pedro because we did spend 27 mil euros for him and he nor Pedro are scoring goals. Forwards should score goals. They both have the talent to hit 10-15 goals at least. Especially with the amount of chances that playing on this team affords them.

22. tadm123

tadm123 Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Sorry but I just cannot understand Tito not using Villa at all, it makes no sense. This game reminded me of last season where we needed someone like him, specially today after Pedro and Alexis were this wasteful.

23. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    They are now the Latino versions of Emile Heskey, can draw people out and can assist but can;t score

I just hope Messi doesn;t burn himself out AND I hope Villa gets more chances cause he might think ''******** this, I am outta here''

And remember with out him last year what happened?

24. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The difference with Pedro and Sanchez is Pedro already shows he can deliver in the past, he did so well under Pep. Also, Pedro scores quite alot in NT recently. Sanchez is never great goalscorer but because he's still quite young some people expect him to be improve at one point but now even Chili fans started to get impatient with his lack of goals in NT.

25. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    I think we all agree that Alexis should be scoring more often, but I can't say that I am going to give up on him. Clearly last season he proved he can be amongst the scorers too because Pep had him playing in the box a lot more, but it seems that he's totally different this season. He wants to pass the ball as soon as he gets it, he doesn't shoot unless he is in the box and within distance, and he doesn't use his pace to great effect anymore either. This has to be Tito's instructions to him then, I can't think of any other reason why a forward would be less attack minded than they were just six months prior. Same goes for Pedro who barely averages even two shots a game these days. Tito has got to figure out something for these two to get amongst the goals again, but I do feel that he uses them the way that he does because he wants them to provide extra cover for the defense because they track back so much and work hard. He probably wants the attacking end left to Messi, Iniesta, Cesc, Xavi, and the fullbacks while the rest of the team focus more on possession and helping each other out defensively. It's part of why we've improved so much defensively since October but why less and less goals and shots are being scored and taken by players not named Messi, Iniesta, or Cesc.

As for Villa not playing, I honestly do not know. But he deserves more time than he's been getting and in more important matches as well.