J11 La Liga 12/13 | RCD Mallorca v FC Barcelona | 11 Nov 2012 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by inswinger, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Alves was at fault for Mallorca's 1st goal, he was nowhere to be seen.

MavadoDribblez repped this.
  2. MavadoDribblez

MavadoDribblez Member+

Feb 7, 2008
    Ontario
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I think Alexis had a fantastic performance today. Too bad Messi couldn't have scored the third there.

Alves I will blame for the first goal against, he was miles up the pitch.

3. MavadoDribblez

MavadoDribblez Member+

Feb 7, 2008
    Ontario
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Maybe their logic is: drunk people = sing more?

4. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks.

Hand ball in the box penalties are usually harsh, who actually thinks they can handle the ball in the box and get away with it. Hand might be playing ball but usually it's involuntary. I'll reserve judgement until I see it though.

5. MavadoDribblez

MavadoDribblez Member+

Feb 7, 2008
    Ontario
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yeah, it makes for quite the entertainment though. It's not like when we were destroying teams every week a few seasons ago. I think it's got to come down to concentration, sometimes we just go into cruise mode and forget to do the little things. I can't explain our performances or our league record, only to say that our offense is coming up HUGE.

6. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The commentators on my stream mentioned there's a LPB player on loan to a Segunda B side this season. The club will have to pay 125,000 euros or something to play him against their C side. :rolleyes:

jfcule and unclesox repped this.
  7. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel like I saw a tweet that this happened with an LPB loaner in the last couple weeks, maybe for a LPB Castilla match. The player would have had to pay a certain amount just to get into the game.

EDIT: inswinger beat me to it. Thanks for starting the thread, BTW.

inswinger repped this.
  8. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Thierry Henry? (v Ireland)
    :p

jfcule and puyol repped this.
  9. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Alexis had a decent game, he still cant score in one on one situation, still.

Mallorca anticipated our throughball very well most of the time. The penalty was just a bad luck, it hit Busquet by accident nothing can be said. But the other goal was the usual counter attack and this time we gave them the entire box to score.

10. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is some sound logic from what I saw last night. :D Also, they let you BYOB.

11. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, look at it this way, the team is missing something but we have won 10 and drawn 1 of our firsr records. We've equalled the record set twice by LPB for the number of points after 11 games. Personally I think we will win La Liga this season but not the CL, which will be fine with me.

12. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    What horsesh!t!
    Gutless scumbags.
    Chickensh!t club.
    Weakass mofos.

13. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe I should amend it to just "for defenders it's inadvertent" before we end up with GIF's of certain other goals. ;)

14. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The commentator here keep saying how Messi should be replace and he still have problem with Villa. What a tard

15. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Didn't Ajax play there B team in a cup final or semi final a few years ago? Or have i just imagined that?

16. NYfan

NYfan Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Okay, watching the highlights on my stream now and I guess I was kind of only half watching the game. British commentators are ripping into Mascherano and Alexis....

Mascherano gave the ball away near the sideline on the first goal (not the Busquets handball the other one)

And they are saying Alexis should have taken the ball and finished himself on that nice pass by Alves and that he was offside (in the goalie's eye line on Messi's shot).

I understand what they are saying about Masch, but a little harsh on Alexis considering it was a really nice assist.

17. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    more records, courtesy barcastuff:

[​IMG]

Barcelona equals the best Liga start ever after the first 11 games of the season #fcblive Real Madrid 1968-69 and 1991-92 [via misterchip]

Surpassing Tamudo (10), Messi becomes the player who has scored most Liga goals ever (11) against Mallorca [via #pedritonumeros]

Lionel Messi is the first Liga player in 62 years to score 15 goals in the first 11 Liga games #fcblive Cesar 1950-51 [via misterchip]

In the last 3 seasons, Lionel Messi has scored 42 goals in the 42 away games he played in the Spanish league #fcblive [via opta]

18. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    Good win for us today, but we still have to improve defensively and keep games under control when we're 2-0 or 3-0 up. First half performance was near perfect but we conceded two goals so quickly in the second half and it left us with more work to do. Got to improve in that regard and we'll be getting a lot more comfortable wins.

No injuries today either and hopefully none in the midweek internationals and we'll be getting stronger. Pique is back, Puyol and Adriano will be back soon, Thiago is training again, while Cuenca and Abidal will be training with the group not long from now as well. Just got to win in Russia and CL group will be sealed so then we can focus all on the league until the latter rounds of the Copa come around in January. We're in a very strong position right now.

9 more for Messi to equal Muller's record and he has 11 competitive games at most to achieve that. I think he can break it.

19. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    We concede too often, otherwise we're cool. Some single players underperform, but as an entity, we're cool.

20. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    11games for Messi to score 9 goals, piece of cake.

21. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Looks like a missed another "interesting" game.

22. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    [​IMG]

i think messi is gona keep celebrating like that for every goal for the next 6 months :D

23. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The goals:

Gilmango repped this.
  24. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Only I am allowed to get away with this, espically against the English

I missed the game but glad has passed Pele's record and now needs to score 10 more for Mullers one before x-mas

Congrats Messi and maybe you stay at Barca for the rest of your life

25. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    No Ajax B lost the semi's against Utrecht after penalties about a decade ago. Ajax A team went on to win the final though. B teams aren't allowed to enter the regular cup competition any more and had their own juniors cup up until last season due to a change of format (again). Ajax B are the holders and were the last ones to win it.