**** IU Hoosiers 2014 ****

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by stphnsn, Jan 9, 2014.

1. BigRedFootie

BigRedFootie Member+

Jan 31, 2003
    B-town
    #26 BigRedFootie, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
    Sounds like Mares wants something higher than NA/USL. Of course, we don't always get what we want...

2. BigRedFootie

BigRedFootie Member+

Jan 31, 2003
    B-town
    Yup. My bad.

3. whyspotsonball

Apr 9, 2007
    midwest
    Looks like a lot of losses to graduation and leaving early. I see 4 already at Bloomington for spring, any others signing for next year? Any real standouts?

4. whyspotsonball

Apr 9, 2007
    midwest
    Looks like a lot of losses to graduation and leaving early. I see 4 already at Bloomington for spring, any others signing for next year? Any real standouts?

5. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    corrado and kotlov were taken in the draft today. quakes and timbers, respectively.

6. McSoccerdad

McSoccerdad Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Any chance that tonight's game v Indy 11 will be streamed?

7. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    no. there is no radio or tv coverage planned last i saw.

8. McSoccerdad

McSoccerdad Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    I was at the Mexico game. I thought IU played more as a team than last year but Mexico had run of play - 80 - 20 possession in favor of Mexico. Webb is an upgrade. McKain will be missed but all others seem to be a wash.

So any thoughts for the Fall? They earn their spot in the tourney next yr w/o having to win the B1G.

BigRedFootie and soccersubjectively repped this.
  9. PlayForKeeps

PlayForKeeps Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Middle America
    Has this kid done anything in his semester at IU so far? Only heard reports of Webb in goal

10. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    i didn't see enough this spring to get a good impression of what to expect, but i will be disappointed if there isn't a marked improvement over last year's team. there's a lot of turnover from last year, so hopefully these guys will have that hunger that wasn't there last year. how many two goal leads did they blow? that should not happen.

11. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    not that i remember. here's my post from the spring schedule thread with the recaps from each game.

12. PlayForKeeps

PlayForKeeps Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Middle America
    So based on the match reports theres no mention of him... any word on whats going on? Injured? Not good enough? Its just odd to see a JUCO All-American at IU and wondering what the outcome is so far.

13. CollegeFan

CollegeFan Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Lukowski is mentioned in the Butler recap. Played the first, half, Sean Weidman came in for the second half.

Sandon Mibut repped this.
  14. BigRedFootie

BigRedFootie Member+

Jan 31, 2003
    B-town
    This makes our not making it to the Championship more bearable. In fact, academics (like me) would argue this is more impressive:
    The Indiana University Department of Athletics is proud to announce that the Hoosiers men's basketball, men's cross country, men's golf, men's soccer, men's outdoor track and field and women's tennis programs are among an elite group of Division I sports teams being recognized for top academic performance as part of the NCAA's academic reform program. AND notice that a revenue sport also earned this award! <respect>

15. DFLion

DFLion New Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Greenwood
    Phil Five, junior defender from Akron, is transferring to IU. What do we know about him?

16. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    i know nothing about him, but he had <20 appearances in two seasons and only a handful of starts.

17. fknbuflobo

fknbuflobo Member+

Arsenal FC
    United States
    Nov 16, 2011
    Akron, Ohio
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Phil Five, junior defender from Akron, is transferring to IU. What do we know about him?

Nice utility player. Not a likely starter. Versatile. Quick but small. Good kid.

stphnsn repped this.
  18. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
  19. bhoys

bhoys Member+

Aug 21, 2011
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    stphnsn repped this.
  20. BigRedFootie

BigRedFootie Member+

Jan 31, 2003
    B-town
    Yeah, they're a really good deal. ~$3/game and you usually get a few coupons for concession drinks/popcorn/etc.

21. BtownKj

BtownKj Member

Italy
    Jul 15, 2006
    South Korea
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I wish I still lived back in Indiana so I could go to some IU games again. And I doubt they'll ever come this far out east for a game. I'm already looking forward to this coming season and we're still months away.

22. McSoccerdad

McSoccerdad Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    IU at Rutgers 9/20/14. Next yr they should be in Happy Valley and Maryland.

23. BtownKj

BtownKj Member

Italy
    Jul 15, 2006
    South Korea
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    eh, it may be do able depending on work and getting away for that weekend. but NJ is still a good ways away from Boston.

24. bhoys

bhoys Member+

Aug 21, 2011
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Clip includes a nice goal by former Hoosier Tommy Thompson, playing for US U20s:

No shinguards repped this.
  25. No shinguards

No shinguards Member

Mar 21, 2008
    The Moon
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^^^^ Actually looks like they only played on half the field..... the attacking half!