**** IU Hoosiers 2013 Thread ****

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by BigRedFootie, Jan 3, 2013.

1. BigRedFootie

BigRedFootie Member+

Jan 31, 2003
    B-town
    Don't take anything in the spring season seriously. Guys are not excused from class for spring games, so it makes for some interesting lineups.

As far as the LW game went, I invite you to peruse the LW roster. About 4 American players. The rest are mostly So. African (ex-pro?) players w/ a couple of Swedes, aGB, and a Japanese player folded in. This is basically a professional side. Target forward (from So. Africa) looked like Thor from the recent movie.

BTW, nice goal by Doody!!

BRF

2. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    we're in for a long year if we're going to rely on corrado's finishing.

Hararea repped this.
  3. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    that may be why kotlov didn't start. i saw a tweet that he was heading up to armstrong straight from an exam.

4. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    i'm heading down to bloomington in a bit. looks like it's going to be great weather for the match against xavier tonight.

5. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
  6. BigRedFootie

BigRedFootie Member+

Jan 31, 2003
    B-town
    Finally a post-championship win! 3-2 against ND in Fort Wayne. Thompson, Corrado & Kotlov w/ the goals. They switched Bushue & Lax so that Lax was playing center back w/ Bradford.

7. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
  8. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    saw some tweets about the match last night. good result against a good team.

i just noticed i didn't post about the xavier match i went to in bloomington last friday. there wasn't much to report really. oliver got on the field for the last 20 or so in that game. did he play last night?

my U18 team was up in fort wayne today and got smoked. when i first saw the IU-ND match on the schedule i thought it would be good to get my boys over to watch, but then i realized the IU game was saturday.

i'm planning on going down for the mexico match in a couple weeks. i went last year, and it was a good time. hope the weather is nice.

9. BigRedFootie

BigRedFootie Member+

Jan 31, 2003
    B-town
    There is a tailgate planned for the IU-Mexico game, west of Armstrong Stadium.

10. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    is this an 8-star hat? if so, where can i get one?[​IMG]

fknbuflobo repped this.
  11. rct2009

rct2009 Member

Aug 22, 2006
    NY/Bloomington, IN
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IU vs. Mexico U-20 today. Strong team comes to Indiana, with el Pollo Briseño, Carlos Treviño, Francisco Flores, just a few who won the U-17 World Cup and came to IU last year. Richard Sanchez in goal too, FC Dallas homegrown player.

I like that IU is using a picture of Eriq Zavaleta to market the game...whoops?

Sources tell me that the game will be free online via WIUX.org. Looking forward to it. Anyone got predictions? I'll say 2-1 IU.

soccersubjectively repped this.
  12. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    i didn't make it down for the game. it ended 1-0 bad guys though.

13. Branko Segota

Branko Segota Member

Feb 24, 2003
    NCAA rules prohibit using current players on advertising. Thus - the "former" player.

soccersubjectively and Hararea repped this.
  14. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    hmmm...
    [​IMG]

15. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    [​IMG]
    looks good to me.

fknbuflobo repped this.
  16. BigRedFootie

BigRedFootie Member+

Jan 31, 2003
    B-town
    Maisonneuve Promoted to Associate Head Coach; Kevin Robson introduced as the new Volunteer Assistant Coach, and I got an 8-star cap (black)!!

17. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    where?

18. fknbuflobo

fknbuflobo Member+

Arsenal FC
    United States
    Nov 16, 2011
    Akron, Ohio
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Show-offs!

19. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    but you've had so many draft picks! don't be jelly, bruh.

20. fknbuflobo

fknbuflobo Member+

Arsenal FC
    United States
    Nov 16, 2011
    Akron, Ohio
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Keep the draft picks; give me the stars!

21. SJTillIDie

SJTillIDie Member+

Aug 23, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tommy Thompson getting lots of plaudits here in the bay area. You guys are going to love him.

https://twitter.com/ElliottAlmond/status/360517062105366529

Fairly quick and very technical attacking midfielder. Decent knack for pressing and winning the ball in the midfield.

22. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    thanks for the update, sj. any idea how he's going to get into the midfield with 6 upperclassman studs returning? on our roster, both thompson boys are listed as forwards...
    http://www.iuhoosiers.com/sports/m-soccer/mtt/ind-m-soccer-mtt.html

---------------soderlund?
    mckain - bradford - bushue/lax - doody
    petts - bushue/lax - corrado - kotlov
    ---------mares
    -------------------------femi

23. SJTillIDie

SJTillIDie Member+

Aug 23, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thanks to ncaa sub rules he should get some decent minutes off the bench at first I would expect

24. CreamSkinCrimsonBlood

Jul 26, 2013
    indiana
    hoosier alum here, new to bigsoccer. usmnt's 10-game win streak got me hype and i started looking for a place where fans were discussing it, which led me here. i was ecstatic to find a place for iums talk.

who do you guys think is our starting 11? i'm thinking:
    ---------------- soderlund ---------------
    mckain ------- bradford -------- doody
    ------------ petts ------ bushue ---------
    kotlov ---------- mares --------- corrado
    ---------- oliver ---------- femi ---------

with thompson, lax, ballard, sparks, schall, maybe mcconnell as first off the bench.

oliver would have to put it together to earn that spot. he might be the most talented player on the team, just needs to get comfortable and gain confidence. it's a 3-5-2, a change from yeagley's typical 4-3-3, but konstanki's departure might mean a change in system. obviously you roll with the system that best fits your personnel, and whats above is my best guess.

25. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009