It's time to stop the madness of the inside-out shorts

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Jarndyce, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Jarndyce

Jarndyce New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Tampa/St. Pete
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've seen enough. I've had enough. Can the NCAA PLEASE MANDATE that women soccer teams are NOT ALLOWED to wear their shorts inside out. Not only is this look DUMB but it disrespects their uniform and university, imo.

Why is this happening? Is there something I don't know about? Did it start out as Freshman hazing or something?

This is a national trend. I've seen in firshand in person all season long here in Boise but whenever I watch a match on tv there are many players from teams all across the nation doing it.

STOP THIS MADNESS:mad:

I think I have to blame coaches on this for letting it happen. It just looks STUPID and no legit reason for doing this can overcome the reality that this looks dumb!

Am I wrong on this?

2. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

You should try be more tolerant. Did you ever stop to think that maybe some people are couturier challenged? :p

There appears to be no restriction as long as only one manufacturers label is visible and meets size restrictions.
    It would seem that if one player is wearing shorts inside out, they all must in order to comply with this provision.
    It will be interesting to see if a ref interprets that as all the shorts on the team being the same.-- maybe you'll see players changing in their skivvies.

Clearly different cultures, though. I've never seen a Portland player even change jerseys on the field or present themselves for play without polished shoes.

1 person likes this.
  3. upprv

upprv Member

Aug 4, 2004
    I've never seen the inside out shorts. Ever. What I have seen is the girls roll their waste bands over one time for a better fit. That leaves their tags waving about behind them. But never inside out. Do you have conclusive video or photographic evidense? :)

Which teams did this?

4. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    What are you talking about?
    I've never seen inside out shorts. Players, and I've done it myself, if they get shorts that they feel are too long, roll their waste band over once or twice to tighten the fit. That's all. The tag may show because it's in the inside of the waste band and when you roll the wast band, it shows. So what. Socccer players have been doing this for decades, not just girls but boys, men also.
    Relax.

5. Carolina92

Carolina92 Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Oh middle america, you make me smile.

6. UncleFugly

UncleFugly Member

Aug 12, 2008
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    stop the waistband rolling madness!!!!!

1 person likes this.
  7. SCUFANTASTIC

SCUFANTASTIC Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Club:
    FC Gold Pride
    Oh c'mon. They are just following Sepp Blatter's request.

1 person likes this.
  8. UncleFugly

UncleFugly Member

Aug 12, 2008
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The horror...the horror...

9. bmoline

bmoline Member

Aug 24, 2008
    Champaign
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two words: who cares?

10. karanicole

karanicole Member

Jun 28, 2005
    this is the most hilarious thread ever...Inside out shorts!?!?

11. Jarndyce

Jarndyce New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Tampa/St. Pete
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since when did either Carolina pass for sophistication? I didn't get that memo.:rolleyes:

It's too difficult to find photos of women's college soccer matches other than the obligatory single shot to plop into the post-game press release.

You and the rest of the nation will simply have to fix your eyes a bit sharper. Perhaps it's difficult to look beyond a nose when it's so high in the air?:eek:

Waistband rolling? Now THAT is low class... Real teams can have their unis tailored better I guess...:cool:

12. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    Funny, what made me smile was the view that Idaho was in the middle of America.

Talk about East Coast Bias... That's like New Yorkers calling Hoboken "out West".

13. Carolina92

Carolina92 Member

Sep 26, 2008
    "Middle america" was more a reference to the culture (the political term "middle american values") than the geographical location, but yes, Idaho is not a coastal state and therefore technically could be considered "in the middle."

Haha, I never said North Carolina was a sophisticated state. I'm glad you think so though.

1 person likes this.
  14. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    I guess it depends on which technicality you like.

From wikipedia

And it shows what you know about Idaho's diverse values. Some would argue that they aren't in the middle of anything. But that's another thread, no doubt.

15. carolinablue_cchs07

carolinablue_cchs07 New Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Murray, KY
    Club:
    Pali Blues
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    uhhh HOLD UP!!!

i'm 5'2". my shorts are ALWAYS, ALWAYS too long. I've rolled them since, like... U-12. hello. goodbye. when you're short, ya roll them!!! PERIOD. Nike? too long! Adidas? WAY too long. Puma? Forget it.

goaleemama repped this.
  16. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    What's the NCAA's position on suspenders? ;)

17. carolinablue_cchs07

carolinablue_cchs07 New Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Murray, KY
    Club:
    Pali Blues
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i wasn't referring to keeping them up, i was referring to the length. i wore XS in HS (Nike!) and they were STILL too long.

18. shortsgurl

shortsgurl New Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Also, us girls like to roll up our shorts to shorten and "tighten" the shorts around our thighs, to prevent them from being too baggy. A lot of us girls don't want anyone to look up our shorts when we fight for the ball or fall on the ground (slide tackle) and so on (it's better to have the tag showing in the back and underwear showing in the back, then it is to have your shorts exposed right up the leg holes). Everyone knows the story about the Kent State athletic department debacle in 2001. Kent State's athletic dept. actually printed an annual sports calendar (featuring soccer pics on it), and one of the pictures featured a girl from the opposing team (Eastern Michigan Univ.) who was fighting for the ball. Nevertheless, she wasn't wearing any underwear under her shorts, and the picture was extremely revealing as it showed her genetalia.

Here's an article about the situation. They had to recall all the printed calendars, and it cost them lots of money and P.R. damage to re-print and correct the whole situation. The Eastern Michigan soccer girl who was exposed actually laughed it off (she should have sued the Kent State athletic department instead). She is quoted sounding like a typical exhibitionist in the bottom article in the link below laughing about it (how can you not wear underwear or any type of panties under your shorts at a soccer match? LOL). Don't ask me for a picture of this, I don't have one and I don't care (I'm a girl), and I'm assuming it's probably rare by now. Here is the article ..........

http://74.6.239.67/search/cache?ei=...N&icp=1&.intl=us&sig=vr2hxHlwJUgaKweMwGyLaQ--

19. bayscr

bayscr New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Santa Clara
    You never heard of compression shorts? The softball version (sliding shorts) even comes with padding for sliding. The padding works just as well for tackling.

20. bayscr

bayscr New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Hard to be positive but this appears to be an example.

[​IMG]

21. karanicole

karanicole Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Those just have a folded waistband...Could that be what this entire post is about?!? A waistband? Are ya'll upset when the men wipe their faces with jersey and you see the waistband of their briefs?!? Get a grip.

22. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    Conversely, is there any objection to outside-in shorts? :confused: ;)

23. UncleFugly

UncleFugly Member

Aug 12, 2008
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Best. Thread. Ever.

Nacional Tijuana repped this.
  24. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006