Its time for Azteca to take a bow.

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Regi0, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Regulus Tera

Regulus Tera Member+

None
    Mexico
    Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    EDIT: Never mind, I thought you were talking about the Azteca. Reading comprehension am fail.

2. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Chepo said it what failed was the passing..

Regios be jealous they dont have el Tri..

3. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    Love the excuses, and your lies. There was no 30k in there the stadium was half empty, unless it has a 60k capacity.
    Monterrey had 24k in the stands for their last liguilla match according to the LigaMX.
    Liguilla! so them selling out their ground every time is a myth, Tigres is different tho.

Me encanta esta foto
    [​IMG]
    demuestra lo cagon que son los regios, nadamas no les digan que hay lugares vacios a la derecha.

El Mariachi repped this.
  4. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Azteca is a different monster at mid day imo.

I think Chepo will wake up.

He needs to light a fire up the players ass.

El Mariachi and LGRod repped this.
  5. Regi0

Regi0 Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_FIFA_U-17_World_Cup#Group_A
    Attendance was at 29k. So it was at 70% occupancy. Thats alot more than half and very good considering it was the 3rd group match for a U17 team.

http://soccer365.com/news/world_news/the_view_from_mexico/17000/club_america_tops_attendance_league
    Both Tigres and Monterrey have been at 100% attendance for the past two seasons. Both teams charge top money for ticket entries, way more than any DF club. Keep in mind we have a MUCH smaller population. I only we wish we could get in free for showing a coke can or wearing a team jersey.

6. elvasco

Sep 10, 2006
    I'll believe the ligaMX before I believe that BS soccer365 shit about them both having 100% attendance for the past two years, that is clearly a lie, if you have eyes you can see the empty seats, specially en el tec, the part behind the camera is always half empty, the part that can accommodate the most people the part with the blue sits not just cement benches. And like I said LIGAMX reported 24k in attendance in their last liguilla match, unless 24k is the capacity of el tec then soccer365 is lying, Tigres does seem to be at 95%+ at all times but not Monterrey.

7. MEXICO WILL BE CHAMP

MEXICO WILL BE CHAMP BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 9, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    In my mind at this point in time Mexicans are more intimidated by Azteca then our rivals, I don't get this " casa del Tri" "fortress" bullshit people want to talk about, a small packed stadium works for a home team far more than a huge empty one and I don't see how anyone can deny that

Also the whole altura thing is midget mentality quit being pussies and give other cities the chance to host and see the team they love
    One last thing the reason Azteca was such a "force" had more to do with the fact that those teams used to be shit rather than anything the stadium brought or could ever offer

(Bolivias 6-0 over Argentina talk in 3,2,1..)

Regi0 repped this.
  8. Regi0

Regi0 Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    I dont watch rayados home games on camera, I have an abono for almost 10 years now. Every game I've been to is full or almost full.

Liguilla is post season, therefore it is probably not counted. But if you want to factor that one liguilla match, that still leaves us at 97% occupancy. Abonos have to buy extra tickets for liguilla matches, but the ticket booths open earlier for us. You also know that last season was a bad one for MTY since the season prior they were runner up,

Regardless, the Mexican NT includes both Tigres and Rayados fanbases. Both fan bases plus other fans are certainly large enough(and wealthy enough) to fill up el vulcan.

9. elvasco

Sep 10, 2006
    Fawk it then just play the games in the US then, there they can actually fill 80k grounds ask for an arm and a leg for admission and not have to settle for a decrepit 40k stadium.

El Mariachi and el-choul repped this.
  10. Regi0

Regi0 Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    ^^ No disrespect to paisanos up north, but the day a home qualifier is played outside Mexico is the day I lose all hope for the FMF.

11. Tejano

Tejano Member+

Sep 25, 2012
    Puro ATL
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    I would love to see El Tri here, but I agree. Mexico should have official games in Mexico. If us Nortenosx2 want to see an official game, we can do a pilgrimage to watch our team.

It would be an equivalent to the seven pillars of Islam. Once in your lifetime you must go to Mexico and watch El Tri play.

cnaw and El Mariachi repped this.
  12. Blu.

Blu. Member+

Apr 16, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Slightly OT but do you guys think the decreasing smog in Mexico City is contributing to the Azteca losing some luster? I know Mexico City smog rates are comparable to LA, might be even better. I also know the effect of smog decreases as you go up in elevation. Thinking of writing a paper/presentation for a climatology class...

13. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I Think the qualifiers should be played mid afternoon.

14. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    I think playing at night severely helps the other team especially after Jamaica didn't seem to be bothered by the altitude. But the main reasons is our team play. If our team keeps misplacing every pass, failing to control the ball in every long pass, misplacing every cross and shooting the ball into the stand and imitating a pinball machine with our play, it will be the more of the same regardless.

15. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    couldn't make more than 2 consecutive passes, crosses to no where/no one, players sleepwalking...

if they came out and played hard and left it all on the field, win or loss the reaction would be different. the azteca fans called the players out and the players got all butthurt. in all reality they all (players and coaches) should be embarrassed and not ever let that shite happen again.

azteca and it's fans will have your back if you have theirs.

sowrong repped this.
  16. Puma76

Puma76 Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Oakland Ca.
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Most of our players (euros) will also suffer.

17. Skadrist

Skadrist Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    El Norte
    It wasn't Azteca guys the team especially the passing service from Paul Aguilar, Maza and Torres Nilo was crap.

El Mariachi and Overachiever repped this.
  18. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I would love not to see them in the next wcq against honduras and the US but thats probably not going to happen :(

19. Mr. P Mosh

Mr. P Mosh Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Monterrey, NL, Mex
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Chepo, like every coach, is really stubborn with his picks, sadly.

yaboy repped this.
  20. El Mariachi

El Mariachi Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Más Allá
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  21. Pajaro Negro

Pajaro Negro Member+

Jun 27, 2007
    ColoRADo
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    El Mariachi repped this.
  22. MEXICO WILL BE CHAMP

MEXICO WILL BE CHAMP BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 9, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    see my post above "One last thing the reason Azteca was such a "force" had more to do with the fact that those teams used to be shit rather than anything the stadium brought or could ever offer"

El Mariachi and Puma76 repped this.